QuEST Global
www.quest-global.com Singapore, Singapore 1000 to 5000 Employees

QuEST Global Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Ajit Prabhu

Pros:
  • "This might be a good start for a entry level engineer"
    in 3 reviews
  • "You gets to work with very friendly and energetic colleagues"
    in 2 reviews
Cons:
  • "Promotion of incompetent engineers to team leads/project managers"
    in 4 reviews
  • "No paid Holidays and to many days off"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to learn.

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time for less than a year

ProsVersatile environment of the job is unique factor of quest. We wont be blocked in one type of job.

ConsIf you want to learn and explore then everything is ok here.

Advice to Senior ManagementRMO has to be improve much more. Hiring should be maximum from high grade institutes(IITs and NITs), this will help the growth of company in long term.

Poor

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at QuEST Global full-time for more than a year

Pros-Lot of onsite (Foreign) opportunities.

Cons-People in the middle level management are all from karnataka. They promote people from Karnataka without any reason even if they underperform while keeping the growth of people from other states in check. Plain and simple- 'Dirty politics on the basis of regionalism works more than 'quality' in quest'
-Low pay
-No work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people with better skills

good to work

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time for more than 3 years

Prosculture values ,core values & good to be with.

Consnot upto industry standard, should follow the current market trend

Partially Satisfied

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Work-life Balance, co-workers are very supportive and friendly work environment.

ConsNo guarantee of long term career due to surprise decisions of management. We can be asked to move out anytime even if our annual performance been outstanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to retain execution level man power. execution level man power are capable of doing management stuffs but never the management people can do the execution level work (technical).

Wonderful learning phase at the starting of my carrier

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time for more than a year

Prosthis company is very ambitious company with a gr8 vision and misson. this company is really good to start of the carrier of a person but not good for long time sustained growth.

Consthe compensation on benefits have no logic in between the work you do and the pay you get. the company pay more to the freshers who join the company than to a person with 2 years experience in the same company.

Selection procedure was haste resulting is wrong hiring a senior person

Title Was Useless (Former Employee)

I worked at QuEST Global full-time for more than a year

ProsSelection procedure was faster than normal but of no use.

ConsHiring without long term plan for experienced resource.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile hiring experienced resources, think about their future as those days have gone where in people were happy to sit idle. Experienced people want work. More work is desired than no work.

Good growth of this service company in the last 1 year.

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time for more than a year

ProsGood opportunities to learn things as u'll be exposed to lot of things in the area of your work.

ConsIt appears work timings as high, but u gonna work more than that cause that is the work load u'll experience once u start working.

Engineering Services company which stands out

Director (Current Employee)

ProsBlue chip customers
High growth
Fantastic leadership team

ConsSo far no major concerns

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Mad Theory returns to the laboratory in order to help you choose titles for your reviews. My conclusion

Electrical Engineering (Current Employee)
Chennai

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time for less than a year

ProsPros is arguments for or against a particular issue. Pros are arguments that aim to promote the issue, while cons suggest points against it. The term has been in use since the 16th century and is a shortening of a Latin phrase, pro et contra, which means “for and against.” Considering the advantages and disadvantages of an issue is a very useful way to weigh it thoughtfully and reach an informed decision

ConsThe word "cons" and expressions like "to cons onto" are also part of a more general functional programming jargon. Sometimes operators that have a similar purpose, especially in the context of list processing, are pronounced "cons". (A good example is the :: operator in ML and Scala, which adds an element to the beginning of a li

Advice to Senior ManagementArguably the best way to advise a business manager is to facilitate the particular person to deal with his problem himself. Management quotes are an excellent way to achieve this. Why? Quotes have the capacity to make us re-think our situation from different angles. In doing so, they can help us develop new perspectives and ideas.

But don't take this website to serious: perhaps and hopefully the advice by great thinkers that populates this site can give business executives a fresh perspective, allowing for a new vision and approach to grow. But of course you may and can not expect that management quotations alone can really solve the complex management dilemmas of corporate executive

Project Manager Bangalore

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou always get to feel "I'm important", no matter what role that you are performing.
Fast growing company.
Company is run with foresight of 5 years.
Those who have been with the company for long and had been a performer, by this time would have made good money from stock options received.
Performance biased company.

ConsA growing company - doesn't guarantee individual career growth.

We cant be promoting performing people every two years. Look for opportunities not to promote them.

Being a performer along doesn't guarantee individual career growth. You got to know how to lobby, and to give diplomatic feedback's rather than straight forward feedback's.

This year promotion certain business until alone got the maximum promotions.
The sales is not always have the knowledge about all service lines. Often sell only what they are good at.

You may be hired for one technology or engineering discipline, if there is no repeat work, irrespective of your experience your career will be at question, may be kept long idle, though they don't fire you easily (often just because of this situation, many got a different career growth, now are senior managers and general managers!).

Like anywhere else, negative publicity is very difficult to get over with. You will have to make a presentation of 15 minutes to a panel (of whom you may never knew them) to get promoted. Your two or more years of effort will be evaluated in another 15 minutes and your career growth will be decided in that 30 minutes. If you have not been promoted, you have to wait for another 12 month promotion cycle, in which you must have secured a performance rank of very good or exceptional. If there were no opportunities to perform or you missed to perform, you have to wait for another 2 years to be eligible for next promotion. Hence your career growth becomes a culmination of what kind of people you have on the promotion panel and what kind of relationship you have with them, and what perception they have about you, irrespective you what performance you have put. There are managers who every year go to the promotion panel and did not get promoted (4 years in a row!), because the panel is already biased that they are not fit for the role and that's why they didn't get promoted last year, with the same bias they do the evaluation and the result is obvious.

If you join the company in the first week of October, you will not get promoted in the next eligible cycle, as you would lack couple of days eligibility for number of days required to be eligible. There are many who did not get promoted because of this one factor.

Please don't open your mouth in "Open House" or apply for any internal opportunities get posted (if you don't get selected, your current manager considers you as if you have put papers and poor rank given, irrespective of performance, probably this is true for any organization). Talk only good in any internal feedback asked. You don't know who carries "what you said" and when uses it against you!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease bring in a positive culture. Right now its filled with lot of "don't wants" and "no" culture, and every thing is looked through a colored glass, the more time someone spent in the company the darker the glass they have.
Why not a "yes" culture? Why not create opportunities for internal candidates? Why not truly performance biased?

Worked for QuEST Global? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at QuEST Global reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for QuEST Global CEO Ajit Prabhu. All 63 reviews are posted anonymously by QuEST Global employees.