Qualcomm

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.9 1,539 reviews

Qualcomm CEO Steve Mollenkopf

Steve Mollenkopf

Pros
  • Great work-life balance, stable company, great sense of contribution to the world(in 102 reviews)

• Good chance to work on latest and cutting edge technology(in 100 reviews)

Cons
  • Management does not seem to care about the work life balance of its employees(in 91 reviews)

• I worked extremely long hours without receiving even a 'thank you' in most cases(in 74 reviews)

1,539 Employee Reviews

Good Pay Benefits

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsFor an Engineer I was getting around 40K bonus each review cycle. Best part of working in Qualcomm is two review cycle each year. This keep you on track. Good timeoff.

ConsRelatively less smart people and more mass hiring.

Staff Engineer/Manager

Staff, Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

Pros- Great pay, bonus, stocks, insurance, learning,
    - Great engineers to work with
    - In the past had the startup aggression
    - Flexible working hours
    - Occasional 2-3 months of great work in a year
    - The kind of schedule and culture Qualcomm has needs techie people with deep knowledge on their system, partly because lack of documentation.
    - Excellent R&D in San Diego
    - Great place for self-motivated people

Giving a good rating to this company because the pay is good. Otherwise it would be a 2 star company.

Cons- Unresponsive HR
    - India office is not an R&D as such - just a backend office of San Diego. Discarded and repetitive tasks are moved to India. Quality of work is bad in India. Mostly it is commercialization support.
    - Top heavy, managers have become too distant from tech and lost touch with reality.
    - Most Indian managers have given up on aggression and act as puppets of San Diego counterparts.
    - Both HR & management have a great open door policy for management and tech improvements but nothing will ever come out of it.
    - India office gives only lip service to innovation - an annual frenzy for one or two months, there is no real planning or long-term engagement to foster innovation.
    - Too much posturing in India office. reality is - its just another Indian service company with better pay.
    - No true leadership or growth planning, another management gimmick.

Advice to Senior Management- To India office
    Get the gumption to accept the feedbacks given year after year from employees and share the info to everyone. Stop posturing and management gimmicks and try to understand the essence of it.
    Improve the image of India office as an R&D center.

Great place to work

Senior IT Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsGood benefits, salary bonus plus shares

Consno challenges. Great place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy with management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good

Engineer Associate (Current Employee) Bangalore

Prosgood pay.
    good care of employees
    good food

Conswork load
    time pressure
    long time service requirement to go abroad

very good place to work for

Engineer I (Current Employee) Hyderābād

Prosculture is too good they will provide free food for temp employees also

Conshigh working hours,no work life balance

senior engineer

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Banga

Prosmore benifits. work balance. less stressful

Consmedium pay. less hikes. less stocks

Good pay, no work life balance

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsGood pay, bonus,shares,technology oriented. Free food.

ConsWork,work, and work yes you will get lot of work and you are totally occupied so much that you don't get any time for your personal life.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make some work-life balance for employees.

I have been working here for 2 years, it has been excellent. Work quality is completely depends on team

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsMost experienced people, good pay. So many learning opportunities

Consvery tight work hour, too many cost cutting strategies. there is no guarantee for work quality.

Good

Physical Design Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood Salary, Good Work, Growth so much. More Benefits

ConsWork-load so much, Tuf to balance work life and personal life.
    Management is putting so much pressure.

Flexible Work Culture with a good pay for a fresher

Physical Design Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsFlexible work hours, rules etc. Industry best Pay (atleast in India). Pay hikes are relatively good.

ConsHectice Work when Project approaches deadline and these scenarios are quite frequent once you cross your training period.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam Culture can be improved a lot in centres other than headquarters i.e. Hyderabad, Bangalore etc. Specially the way freshers are brought on board can be made a lot more better. Currently a very traditional and passive way of video lectures and traning material is followed.

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!