Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

www.qbsol.com

Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Perry Turbes

Good

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGood place to get experience

ConsJob can be too stressful sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees

High Turnover

ProsGood exposure to a wide variety of tasks, companies, and parts of the oil and gas industry.

ConsVery high turnover. Company doesn't seem as invested in keeping hires.

Learned a lot.

ProsSalary is really good for college grad.

ConsExperience is lacking at a certain level

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsMove up quickly, ability to learn multiple areas, oil and gas is a solid industry, quorum has a successful implementation strategy with aggressive timelines and aggressive clients.

ConsRetention at Quorum is low. They do not try to keep employees who quick. not all clients are easy to work with. The projects can become frustrating, upper management is worried about budgets and not you since they are owned by a private equity firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to change the way they pay people, keep people, develop new employees, and recognize those that contribute the most at the company.

Great place to grow!

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsI came through the "college recruiting" process just like most of the other employees here. I had 2 round of interviews on campus with different managers then got a call to come visit the office. The office visit is what really won me over! The Houston office is amazing! We got a chance to talk to some of the current employees over dinner and they told me what their likes/dislikes are about the company and even gave me some tips for my office interview. The next day, you have an interview with an executive of the company. I wouldn't even call it an 'interview' it was more of a conversation. The same night after my office visit, I got a call from someone in recruiting with the offer. (Very quick turnaround).

I've been here for almost a year and I am already a 'back-up' for my BL and the backup team lead. Quorum really cares about the growth of their employees!

ConsIn the beginning, it may seem like you are working long hours (50-60 p/wk). After a couple months when you get the hang of it you learn how to manage your own time. The way I look at it - more time and effort you put into something the more you will get out of it.

It is a wonderful place to work

Consultant (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsWell structured environment. Professional and friendly team members

ConsHigh pressure job, when it comes to billing hours

Good first job after college, but not a lot of potential for growth

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsAs a college hire I was given training in cpp and sql development, skills that have served well with subsequent employers. I enjoyed the people I worked with and learned great project planning skills. Benefits were also great.

ConsAfter working a Quorum for several years I realized that there is little chance for advancement past the senior consultant / manager level.

Good place to start

ProsGood learning opportunities and a good place to start your career.

ConsPoor management and lack of resources

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with it.

Two Types of People

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGood pay
    Fast promotions if you are smart and do well
    Smart people

ConsRidiculous hours
    Full time travel
    Company doesn't care AT ALL about you as a person
    Good luck using the vacation you earned

Advice to Senior ManagementQuorum can't hold on to its people. Quorum hires excellent, young college grads. The problem is that they treat them so terribly that most of them quit within the first couple years. Having people travel five days a week while working 10-12 hours a day plus 8-10 hours on the weekends is not how you keep people around. This type of work load could be on the brink of acceptable IF at any other point the company treated you like a human being. However, they balk if you ask to take any kind of vacation (I had co-workers fighting to take half a day off for weddings) and essentially bribe you with great pay to keep you from leaving.

If you want to be a developer, this company could work out well for you as the developers hardly ever travel and are rarely assigned to projects, which means they don't work as crazy of hours. If you're not interested in the technical side of things and want to interact with clients, however, you will almost certainly be put on a project with hours on par with what was discussed above. Upper management takes the attitude of "Well I did that, so you should too," and essentially ignores all of the complaints that they receive. Turnover rate is incredible.

Great place to work for people that are driven to succeed.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsExcellent place to work if you enjoy being challenged and desire the opportunity to take on responsibility. It's great to be surrounded by other highly motivated and intelligent people.

ConsFast paced work environment with high expectations, may not be right for everyone. Sometimes the pressure that comes from the high expectations adds to overall job stress.

Worked for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!