Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

www.qbsol.com

Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Reviews

Updated 24 July 2014
Updated 24 July 2014

3.8

Perry Turbes

Good

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Good place to get experience

Cons

Job can be too stressful sometimes

Listen to employees

Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

Move up quickly, ability to learn multiple areas, oil and gas is a solid industry, quorum has a successful implementation strategy with aggressive timelines and aggressive clients.

Cons

Retention at Quorum is low. They do not try to keep employees who quick. not all clients are easy to work with. The projects can become frustrating, upper management is worried about budgets and not you since they are owned by a private equity firm.

Upper management needs to change the way they pay people, keep people, develop new employees, and recognize those that contribute the most at the company.

High Turnover

Pros

Good exposure to a wide variety of tasks, companies, and parts of the oil and gas industry.

Cons

Very high turnover. Company doesn't seem as invested in keeping hires.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learned a lot.

Pros

Salary is really good for college grad.

Cons

Experience is lacking at a certain level

Great place to grow!

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

I came through the "college recruiting" process just like most of the other employees here. I had 2 round of interviews on campus with different managers then got a call to come visit the office. The office visit is what really won me over! The Houston office is amazing! We got a chance to talk to some of the current employees over dinner and they told me what their likes/dislikes are about the company and even gave me some tips for my office interview. The next day, you have an interview with an executive of the company. I wouldn't even call it an 'interview' it was more of a conversation. The same night after my office visit, I got a call from someone in recruiting with the offer. (Very quick turnaround).

I've been here for almost a year and I am already a 'back-up' for my BL and the backup team lead. Quorum really cares about the growth of their employees!

Cons

In the beginning, it may seem like you are working long hours (50-60 p/wk). After a couple months when you get the hang of it you learn how to manage your own time. The way I look at it - more time and effort you put into something the more you will get out of it.

It is a wonderful place to work

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

Well structured environment. Professional and friendly team members

Cons

High pressure job, when it comes to billing hours

Good first job after college, but not a lot of potential for growth

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

As a college hire I was given training in cpp and sql development, skills that have served well with subsequent employers. I enjoyed the people I worked with and learned great project planning skills. Benefits were also great.

Cons

After working a Quorum for several years I realized that there is little chance for advancement past the senior consultant / manager level.

Two Types of People

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

Good pay
    Fast promotions if you are smart and do well
    Smart people

Cons

Ridiculous hours
    Full time travel
    Company doesn't care AT ALL about you as a person
    Good luck using the vacation you earned

Quorum can't hold on to its people. Quorum hires excellent, young college grads. The problem is that they treat them so terribly that most of them quit within the first couple years. Having people travel five days a week while working 10-12 hours a day plus 8-10 hours on the weekends is not how you keep people around. This type of work load could be on the brink of acceptable IF at any other point the company treated you like a human being. However, they balk if you ask to take any kind of vacation (I had co-workers fighting to take half a day off for weddings) and essentially bribe you with great pay to keep you from leaving.

If you want to be a developer, this company could work out well for you as the developers hardly ever travel and are rarely assigned to projects, which means they don't work as crazy of hours. If you're not interested in the technical side of things and want to interact with clients, however, you will almost certainly be put on a project with hours on par with what was discussed above. Upper management takes the attitude of "Well I did that, so you should too," and essentially ignores all of the complaints that they receive. Turnover rate is incredible.

Good place to start

Pros

Good learning opportunities and a good place to start your career.

Cons

Poor management and lack of resources

Get with it.

Great place to work for people that are driven to succeed.

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Excellent place to work if you enjoy being challenged and desire the opportunity to take on responsibility. It's great to be surrounded by other highly motivated and intelligent people.

Cons

Fast paced work environment with high expectations, may not be right for everyone. Sometimes the pressure that comes from the high expectations adds to overall job stress.

Worked for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!