RGIS Reviews

Updated 15 April 2015
490 reviews filtered by
2.5
John Ling

Pros
  • flexible hours and days you offer your availability days nights weekends (in 26 reviews)

• If you dont want to work full time but you have flexible schedule this is a perfect job for you (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 17 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 13 reviews)

1. Good

I worked at RGIS

Pros

Part time (time pass) for students

Cons

No Knowledge gained for further growth

2. Inventory Auditor

I worked at RGIS

Pros

Short work day, fast paced

Cons

Inflexible hours. If an emergency comes up you're penalized regardless of importance.

Advice to Management

Better training in beginning of employment

3. Inventory Auditor - Inventory Taker

Former Employee - Inventory Taker - Team Leader in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Inventory Taker - Team Leader in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at RGIS part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great people, great pay . . .

Cons

long hours sometimes, hostile customers

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. It takes a special kind of person to work for RGIS. At RGIS everybody counts.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Evansville, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Evansville, IN (US)

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

We have a large turnaround, but if you get the right group of people together, we can really rock things out.

Cons

Considered "part time/on call" so not many benefits. Salary varies on how fast you count.

Advice to Management

Need to take into consideration the value of the actual employee when determining salary. You would hang on to more valuable employees.

6. Exhausting, maddening, and unpredictable, but the work is easy.

Former Contractor - Inventory Specialist in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Former Contractor - Inventory Specialist in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I worked at RGIS as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

If you've got decent motor skills and some spare energy, stocktaking is an easy job to get good at. Being given targets to hit and feedback, with the possibility of promotion at least to higher counter levels is a decent incentive. Better counters are better respected, get easier and more hospitable places to count in, are offered more work and get a small pay rise. Be cool and don't slack off like basically everyone around you, and you'll get better at it, even if the numbers the top guns are getting seem crazy to you at first. As a gamer, I got a bit of a grinding, 'level up' incentive out of it that made the job a bit more bearable.
    Even if you do slack off, the job is easy. It's just counting using a simple machine.
    They drive you to the job, there and back, if you want, so no expenses there, and travel time is included in your pay. You get very cheap cafeteria fry-ups in the supermarkets too, though personally I prefer cold food to work on.
    Downtime is also paid. If you take their lifts, you're paid from the moment they pick you up to the moment they set you down again.
    It's quick part-time work that requires little skills or experience, with high employee turnover. If you want to work and don't much care how, go for it. It's a pretty good way to measure how much you value your money, time and welfare without much commitment. In that sense, it serves a purpose. There are lots of negatives to this job, it's very easy to hate, but it is bearable.
    There's room to move up to management levels; I saw a lot of movement and people being given different new responsibilities during my short time there..though I'm not sure why you'd want to if you're capable of this.

Cons

Generally very unpredictable. My favourite jobs were when I was sent to Tescos because they were strictly timetabled and pretty much all the same, but god help you if you're sent to a Matalan with 7 other people. You'll be there for a full 16 hours and leave haggard with aching shoulders from reaching up.
    Those handy lifts I mentioned? They're pretty reliable at picking you up, and downright despicable at bringing you back. The end of the count was always the slackers racing to finish their areas and jump onto one of the vans while the good workers who actually finish the job are left waiting for another 2 hours because one van left with only 4 people in it or something.
    Your bosses are often the kind of people who don't need sleep. Heck, some of them are even proud of it. This means they have the potential to be antsy, snappy, threatening and rude.
    Remember, this job requires next to no skills. This means you'll encounter people from all walks of life- including a few buttheads and delinquents, guaranteed. If you're insecure and don't think you can deal with schoolyard bullies again, you might want to reconsider. There's a lot of people who work this kind of job that are generally quite disgusting, even when they're nice enough people. Don't count on the management to do things.
    The nature of the job is exhausting. If you take every job and make yourself fully available, you might have a 3 day burst on 5 hours sleep at one point. It'll throw your sleep schedule all over the shop until you're not sure if you have one any more, particularly if you have commitments during the daytime at other points in the week.

Advice to Management

Bugging people by sending emails saying, "yea um get those numbers up guys" does nothing but annoy your employees. Structured, regular feedback is much better. Otherwise, I have no idea how you're going to improve standards with such a low bar for entry.

7. Hectic, no traning, learn on the fly, job always moving

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay wasn't bad, the co-workers could be fun to chat with.

Cons

You will always be traveling to different stores, looking locations up on google maps, sometimes driving pretty far you never know what to expect, we never got traning on the machines, learned some on the fly, but it was a mystery for the most part. It's just hectic. There were also times where shelves and parts of the store were so filled with clothes you could do your job very well unless you pulled some out. Most of the time they lacked the mobile hangers so you could pull some of the clothes out. They have a high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Better training of the scanning machine.

This place sucks.

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Merrillville, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Merrillville, IN (US)

I worked at RGIS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to work in a different place most of the time which allows one not to get bored with there surroundings.

Cons

There's alot of travel time that you do not get paid for and the long rides in the van can get really boring and uncomfortable. Oh and most of your shifts start at or before 5 am and last about 3-4 hours not including the travel that once again you mostly do not get paid for.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap and understand that if you do not treat your peopple well there is no way youre going to build a crew that actually cares about their job.

9. Great people

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Omaha, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Great people great enviroment and the job is always a new adventure

Cons

limited people so we get a lot of hours sometimes more than we would like ... tons of overtime though.. i don't mind it all but i have heard others upset because if you are good you get more and more hours

Advice to Management

keep it up

10. Inventory specialist

I have been working at RGIS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy job good people to work with

Cons

Bad pay no hours and not consistent

Advice to Management

No comment

11. Popularity Contest

Former Employee - Expert Auditor in Riverside, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Expert Auditor in Riverside, CA (US)

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you have open availability then you will most likely get more hours. The option of hours is not definite, because if upper management does not like you, you'll receive nothing.

Cons

They have different tiers, and you'll start at the bottom. What sucks if that because of your low status, they'll start you in an area where you won't be able to go above any beyond so that you can get a pay raise. Occasionally you'll have to cheat the system to be able to achieve any kind of results that'll benefit yourself.

Advice to Management

Give everyone an equal opportunity to flourish and improve. Also, keep your cars clean. It's disgusting that if we have to go somewhere further than 30 miles, we have to be cooped up in your mini van littered with empty Mc Donald's cups, crumbled Doritos bags, and the pungent smell of cigarettes hanging overhead. This is a business vehicle, not your house.