RealPage Reviews

Updated 17 September 2014
2.9

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Great people, good location, people are treated right (in 12 reviews)

• Decent work/life balance but it all depends on your manager and group (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Below par so far

Current Employee - Developer III  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Developer III in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many smart and passionate employees.

Cons

I've been surprised at the lack of cross organization knowledge. Processes are rough around the edges and product alignment across the organization doesn't exist.

Talk to each other, roll up your sleeves and work with all groups.

RealPage needs to get out of its own way if it wants to get out of its rut

Current Employee - IT Department  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - IT Department in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people to work with and a lot of opportunities to work with new technologies if you know how to pitch it.

Cons

Extremely top heavy management. The business seems to solve problems in the app by throwing hardware at the problem, rather than fixing software related issues. Lack of organic growth from a saturated market leads to low stock price and no bonuses.

Stop being so short sighted and focus on what is going to make the company successful. A top heavy management environments where there's too many chiefs and not enough indians is not helping. The app is long overdue for a software refresh and it's holding back the company from truly growing.

Great company from the outside but once hired be prepared for a reality check

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

From what I was told about the company from people that had been there since the early days, everything was great! Many had been promoted and were enjoying the benefit of getting in on the ground floor.

Cons

The good days are over. RP sells a cloud based solution in a very competitive environment. They have captured near 40% of the market with their rival having the other 40-50% leaving very little room for growth and still many players in the market. Many managers were hired from the outside and do not understand the solution themselves but expect greatness from accounts that have been worked by many sales people leaving clients confused and looking for a new solution. Promotions are made without merit and bending of the rules is common place.

Quit hiring new sales people and let the people within the company that know the solutions be more involved. Stop focusing on numbers, start focusing on clients and improving their experience. The UI is old and outdated. Improve quality control when new solutions roll out and take a more proactive approach to fixing bugs and setup issues. Training is a joke. What you sell is very complicated, too fully understand all its pieces you must give people time and not dump it all on them at once.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work Life Balance: Not for Their US Employees

I worked at RealPage

Pros

Pay check twice a month.

Cons

Time off in India:
    15 vacation days + 12 personal days + 12 holidays + 12 sick days = 51 days

Time off in the US:
    10 vacation days + 3 floating holidays + 8 holidays + 5 sick days = 26 days.

Since they send the jobs to India anyway, they will be able to claim that their have an excellent work life balance.

Terrible Work Environment, Broken Management, Good Old Boys Club atmosphere

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

They cater in food for the home office employees and take top sales reps on glamorous trips

Cons

Management and leadership in general is arrogant, sexist, and slow to adapt.

Constant reorganization is disruptive to teams and clients alike.

A lot of executive and middle management pork needs to be trimmed off this hog. What do these people do?

Benefits are just "okay" given the size of this organization.

Churn and burn approach to hiring shows.

Focus on retaining top talent instead of burning them out or forcing them to leave because of mismanagement. Hire a consulting firm to get rid of personnel redundancies and identify real solutions for growth, inter-company merges, and comp packages that retain top talent. The "good old boys club" vibe is a major turn off and alienates the majority of employees.

Senior Accountant

Current Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hiring process was quick and fast
    There is job security due to the turn over rate so this is a pro and a con.

Cons

Eight close week
    50-65 hours a weeks during close
    Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance
    Turnover rate is really high

consider purchasing an accounting systems

The Real Deal

Former Employee - Loser
    Former Employee - Loser

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

Working from a Remote Location

Cons

You are expected to move families into Assisted Living Facilties. If you do not have at least 4 moves per month, you are not meeting the goals. However there are alot of factors not taken into consideration. One, the cost. In certain areas, Assisted Living can be as much as 6000 for the room alone not including level of care charges...Next, is not as if we are able to tour the communities we recommend, so we are now handing it off to a community.,,their sales director may not have their act together and for whatever reason the family decides against that particular community.
    Sometimes families are not ready to make that move. Plain and simple. If you are able to keep your loved one at home rather than have strangers care for them then more power to you

Stop only focusing on your pet employees (and giving negative attention to your "weak links" Every member of the team is valuable and brings something to the table.
     Help the communities understand our value.

Fast Paced Technology Company... A good place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Director, Total Rewards  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Director, Total Rewards in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Company is changing rapidly and growing Internationally, so there are a lot of things to do and learn.

Cons

It can be a very political place to work and the Company's equity program was a challenge due to fluctuating stock price (down from $29.50 in mid 2011).

Company offers many opportunities for advancement.

Current Employee - Product Support Agent  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Product Support Agent in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think that the opportunities for advancement are above average within the different departments and they offer a competitive compensation package. The company continues to grow through the regular acquisition of other companies within the industry,

Cons

Newly acquired products are often integrated with limited information provided to those responsible for supporting it. May face potential barriers moving to a different department within the company.

Run for the hills, run fast, run far! Don't say I didn't warn you...

Former Employee - Senior Developer III  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Developer III in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a job,it pays money. I was given a good bit of freedom to learn new things.

Cons

It's a dead end job. Promotions from within are a very rare occurrence. This company grows by buying companies. The acquired companies result in many new VP's, some rather meaningless. Average annual raise was 1%. I grew my job well beyond it's original scope with no recognition or compensation, despite my efforts. My experience is pretty typical, as all those I worked with felt the same way. The rave reviews written here must have come from their HR department. RealPage is *always* hiring. There's a reason for that.

Trust your employees to do their jobs, and reward a job well done. Clean out all the fluffer management.

Worked for RealPage? Contribute to the Community!