Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals President, CEO, and Director Leonard S. Schleifer

Leonard S. Schleifer

Pros
  • Good work/life balance in my department(in 7 reviews)

• well work-life balance, good salary and benefits, good work environment, supportive colleagues,(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not viable in the long run considering the cost of living in Westchester County, NY(in 3 reviews)

• Upper management are in an ivory tower looking down on their peons(in 4 reviews)

A good start and in a promising, growing phamaceutical company. A place rich of resources and talented people.

Research Associate (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

Prossmart people around to help
    rich resources
    Good mentor

ConsIf you worked here in the same department for a long time, you have the privilege of choosing if you want to do certain work.

Secure, fun and exciting atmosphere but not perfect...

Research Associate III (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsWith the industry still contracting (ie Merck's recent layoffs) it is comforting to have peace of mind that we should be secure for the next few years with our recent success. Fun environment (lots of parties), great benefits (stock options are a huge plus even for those of us in lower positions), above average 401K and insurance, tuition reimbursement even increased. With recent success, salary is catching up to industry norms, I started ~4 years ago and felt fairly underpaid at the time, especially considering the cost of living, but since then the compensation has improved where I no longer consider it a con and it was a huge one to start.

ConsUnclear direction for growth/advancement. RA's (non-Phds) generally have a rather define glass ceiling (RA V). In my group, not a lot of distinction between the levels (RA II vs RA V). Promotions are difficult to obtain. Position can be monotonous and unchallenging after time again due to lack of growth and increased roles/responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for growth, rather then bringing in outside applicants could a role be filled internally?

Excellent place to work

Scientist (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsEmphasis on good science
    Good home/work balance
    Lots of encouragement by senior management
    Great benefits

ConsPromotions are dependent on time worked rather than purely merit

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions of individuals based on time worked rather than merit is a bit bad for morale

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Phenomenal

Software Development (Former Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsIt was amazing experience ever as working as an inter at this company. I thought It was the perfect platform to find your self where you are and what need to change in you. Innovative people, friendly environment, FREE FOOD and many more

Conslimited space for your desk due to growing company.

Great Company

ProsThe culture and atmosphere is very positive and motivating. There are great opportunities to advance your career.

ConsOnly one cafeteria. The area tends to flood and make commuting difficult at times.

The company is still small enough that your responsibilities have a tangible impact in the company's success.

ProsValue research and innovation. Plenty of vacation. Flexible hours. Quite a bit of celebrating. Plenty of opportunities for learning and development.

ConsHours can be long. Too many high priority projects. Difficult to take vacation.

RA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice working enviroment, great people

ConsLow pay unless join really early, then you would have got nice stock

Great first job out of college!

Research Associate II (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsSmall company feel, lots of events to make the work environment fun, generous stock options packages which keep you invested in the company's success

ConsGrowth withing research and development groups maxes out at a certain point for those without PhDs

Hiring so many new employees so fast has caused some gaps in the bureaucracy at times

This is a great company that focuses on actually science instead of politics

Research Associate II (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsThis is a unique pharma that encourages room for career and personal growth.

ConsAlthough it is a fairly new pharma, there are some kinks that need to be worked out, but with time it will smooth out.

The best place I've worked yet!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rensselaer, NY (US)

ProsYoung, energetic atmosphere. They truly believe if that treat the workers well, they'll do a great job. Open to suggestions and innovation; truly an organization that will continue to improve as it ages.

ConsIt is a bio-pharma company; you work with some hazardous chemicals. The company provides all the safe-guards they can, but ultimately it is the responsibility of the worker to be careful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Worked for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!