Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals President, CEO, and Director Leonard S. Schleifer

Leonard S. Schleifer

Pros:
  • "Smart people, friendly atmosphere, good work-life balance"
    in 6 reviews
  • "well work-life balance, good salary and benefits, good work environment, supportive colleagues,"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Not viable in the long run considering the cost of living in Westchester County, NY"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Upper management are in an ivory tower looking down on their peons"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The relationship between the RA and PIs is not satisfactory...

Research Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThe company is growing fast.

ConsManagement is not the best. It seems that in the research field is hard to advance without a PhD. RAs are not treated well or given credit for their work. They should have some kind of mandatory training for managers so they can learn how to interact with people; they don't get management or social skills from a PhD.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's hard to advance in the research field.

Growing company

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time

ProsTheir eye drug Eylea made billions last year so the Regeneron finally has some cash to bring their salaries to industry average. It has a flat structure with authentic people and management are directly involved in the actual work other than politics.

In recent year the company has been trying to build a casual and innovative culture.

ConsIt is slowly transitioning from a small biotech to a mid-sized company but the managers are still running their departments like a startup and do things "their own ways". Some managers lack people skills and were only promoted their current position because of their seniority.

In some departments lower level employes do not have offices and cubicles and are asked to sit next to small tables next to each other. Some sit in half-walled cubicles with managers siting in the same rooms making you feel being constantly watched.

Company tries to build a innovative and fun culture from the top but is not very well executed at department level because they are run by senior management who still do things the old ways.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is physically expanding and the late-stage pipelines are getting more complex. You can no longer run the company in the pre-Elyea way and need to bring top-tier people immediately from the industry to run the departments like the rest of the industry does.

But in order to attract high caliber people you need to have good infrastructures where people feel safe, trusted, and comfortable; good compensations to survive the high cost of living in Westchester, and modern management philosophies that make each person feel respected and valued.

Good company, flexible culture!

Associate (Current Employee)
Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat culture, lots of parties, and great stock options.

ConsSometimes management can be tricky.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore trainings for managers to become leaders. They are great at their work, but not always at leading the group.

Ophthalmology Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

ProsThe overall working atmosphere is great, worked with some highly intelligent people, very enthusiastic about teaching you. The company throws many events to improve morale as well as reputation.

ConsWorking with chemicals and animals, there is some risk involved. Also while most of the people there are great, there are some that aren't but that's something you find in every place.

A good experience working for a small biotech company on the cutting edge of R&D. Good, friendly work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals part-time for less than a year

ProsSmall company allows you have a good working relationship. Lines of communication are more open. The company also provides a great learning experience with presentations from colleagues on different topics.

ConsResources can sometimes be an issue since it is a small company and for some projects work is outsourced.

Good Culture, Vibrant and Helpful Atmosphere

Intern (Former Employee)
Tarrytown, NY (US)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as an intern for less than a year

ProsInterned at the Oncology & Angiogenesis Department, loved the intellectual atmosphere of the group and how nice everyone was. They also managed to retain the active startup culture despite having grown to a large company with 1000+ employees.

ConsThe intern program seemed a bit unstructured, although I imagine it would get better very fast with a wonderfully responsive Intern Recruitment head.

Phenomenal.

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time

ProsOpen to growth of lower level employees

ConsSome bureaucracy, but it is not stifling.

This is a great place to work.

Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for less than a year

ProsRegeneron is very good at making you feel like a part of the "family".

ConsIf you are not upper management, your desk is typically in a large room filled with coworkers of a similar level. It can be quite distracting at times.

great company to work for

Patent Liaison (Current Employee)
Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Proswell work-life balance, good salary and benefits, good work environment, supportive colleagues,

Consless career opportunities, moving up the corporate ladder is extremely tough

The company has a bright future, employees has great job security yet easy to glass ceiling

Senior Staff Scientist (Current Employee)
Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsThe company expanded dramatically in the recent years and is expected to have a bright future. The employees enjoy good salary, benefits and job security. The company also has an overall friendly and flexible working environment, which encourages collaboration and innovation.

ConsThe promotion system is not ideal, which generated glass ceiling for a lot of senior titled researchers. This would compromise enthusiasm of some high-quality researches in a long run.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention on rewarding hardworking, senior titled researchers who had outstanding performances yet not promotable by the current system. Maybe even modify the system.

Worked for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Videos

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals – Why Work for Us?

Regeneron provides a competitive rewards and benefits package designed to recognize our employees’ contributions to the success of our company and to make sure that employees and their loved ones have access to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals CEO Leonard S. Schleifer. All 75 reviews are posted anonymously by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals employees.