Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals President, CEO, and Director Leonard S. Schleifer

Leonard S. Schleifer

Pros
  • Good work/life balance in my department (in 7 reviews)

• well work-life balance, good salary and benefits, good work environment, supportive colleagues, (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not viable in the long run considering the cost of living in Westchester County, NY (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management are in an ivory tower looking down on their peons (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Best place to work

Engineering Technical Writer (Current Employee) Rensselaer, NY (US)

ProsPeople really want to get their work done, and done right. Great company culture of integrity. Lots of leftover free food from meetings. Friendly people. Rapid growth rate.

ConsOn-boarding needs to be streamlined. The occasional mild sexual harassment case goes unreported, but this is not the norm, and seems to be concentrated in a few individuals.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave sexual harassment refreshers periodically, please. Everything else is very positive, and should continue as-is.

Good technology but poor processes

Staff Scientist (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsThe pipeline is exciting and the people are friendly.

ConsThe company processes are lacking and communication between groups is poor. The management cares more about getting products into the clinic then making processes more efficient and the lives of employees easier. The company also has an over-inflated opinion of itself and is not open to process improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage innovation, listen to new ideas, and facilitate rather than stifle communication. It would be nice if the company lived its stated core values (Regeneron 5) rather than the values being a running joke. It's amazing how fast we can move drugs through the pipeline but how slow we are when it comes to addressing employee concerns.

Fast Growing Company with an overall friendly attitude

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rensselaer, NY (US)

ProsUpwardly bound company. Information on significant decisions are shared with employees on a regular basis. Opportunity to communicate questions / concerns available to Sr. Management readily available.

ConsFairness is weak during review process. Must be with company 12 months before able to apply for other positions within company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMid-level Management should be required to take HR training and learn the skills necessary to interact and guide subordinates effectively, professionally, and fairly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company!

ProsI've been working here for less than a year and the people are helpful and create a good working environment

ConsMore communication is needed but overall great company

Stimulating, high paced

Staff Scientist (Former Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsGreat science, fantastic minds, strong drive

ConsToo lean at times, planning sacrificed to feverish momentum.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication

Good company to work in

Scientist (Current Employee)

ProsThe salaries were recently increased in the research area. The facility is nice and reasonably new.

ConsThe review system and promotions result in a lot of negativity. The point system really relates to how many years in that position rather than how well you work. The promotions are mostly done by time in the position also meaning that those that perceive themselves as hard-workers get de-motivated.

Advice to Senior ManagementWays to identify harder workers or those who go above and beyond would improve moral.
    A change in the promotion system is required.

Great industry experience for coming right out of college/grad school.

Research Associate I (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

Pros- The science is definitely innovative
    - Higher management puts effort in getting to know employees
    - Fast-paced environment
    - Relative ease of communication

Cons- For the physical amount of energy put into projects/experiments, little recognition is given
    - Obvious cultural divide
    - Learning curve is expected to be met quite quickly while hitting a ceiling is just as fast
    - Lack of respect for time
    - Fast growth of company seems to be taking a hard hit in terms of program management capabilities

Advice to Senior Management- For some people, talking in a different language may make it easier to communicate, but there has to be a limit (i.e. managers conversing in a different language to certain employees does not seem professional)
    - Need to spread projects better and create more realistic time frames instead of projects assigned yesterday due the day before yesterday - address respect for a person's time
    - Accountability for projects that require higher priority (i.e. group members regardless of seniority should be held accountable and held to higher expectations)

Big Pharma - Big Fail

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsThe salaries are decent and the benefits are good. You could get lost for hours and nobody would never know you went missing. Nice facility and the building has a shuttle to and from Metro-North. You can always find free food from some lunch meeting (that's if you like picked-over food.)

ConsThe company doesn't have their act together. Agenda's aren't produced for meetings until 5 minutes prior to start time. If you're an Admin, don't consider this your job life. The assistants are treated like garbage. Very slow interview process.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better dental plan; it's amazing how all the other benefits are good but the dental is the worst. Managers should go through a training program. Everyone should be treated equal, it's amazing what people get away with working there.
    Work/Life balance is promoted here. However, you figure out that doesn't exist after being an employee within the first five minutes.

Good company, flexible culture!

Associate (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsGreat culture, lots of parties, and great stock options.

ConsSometimes management can be tricky.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore trainings for managers to become leaders. They are great at their work, but not always at leading the group.

Ophthalmology Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe overall working atmosphere is great, worked with some highly intelligent people, very enthusiastic about teaching you. The company throws many events to improve morale as well as reputation.

ConsWorking with chemicals and animals, there is some risk involved. Also while most of the people there are great, there are some that aren't but that's something you find in every place.

Worked for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!