Regions Financial

www.regions.com

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move(in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen(in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service(in 11 reviews)

Good opportunities if you work at it

Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsTraining is pretty good all around, from service, to regulations, to sales.
    Back office puts together generally good campaign lead lists to call for sales which can greatly benefit the customer.
    You have the potential to help people and make a bit of commission, but you have to use the tools that the company provides to do the work.
    Good support from inside the company between branch management and help line.
    Company seems to always be growing and making a profit.
    Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move.
    Sometimes they have sales contests for paid time off.

ConsYou can potentially spend a lot of time on the phone calling for sales. Management pushes sales hard. A lot of the work can feel like a waste of time. It's customer service, so you end up dealing with a lot of unhappy customers. Experiences are different in different locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that all the things you ask of your employees are actually useful to accomplishing your company goals.

Worst Company to work for.

Teller (Former Employee) Natchez, MS (US)

ProsGives you customer service experience.

ConsAs a teller, you will make $50 a day. When you begin, you will have to wait a month to get paid. You will have to go out of town to the headquarters three different times.

This job is very micromanaged. The head teller is a Nazi. She is always looking over your shoulder, ready for you to mess up, so she can write you up. From the date you get written up, you have to wait a whole year before applying for a better position. It is very easy to get written up.
    You will have about a 150 plus transactions a day. There will be many times that you will be shorthanded because of vacation, sickness, etc. The day after Christmas, there were only two tellers working!

And they got upset, when I was over a dollar! They chastised me over a dollar. They expect you and the head teller to look for it, when you are trying to get out the door.

Wonderful company to work for.

ProsProfessional atmosphere with great chance for advancement. Bonus structure. Great working conditions and facilities.

ConsIndustry is changing through no fault of Regions Bank and most of the customers coming into the bank are those of lower incomes, with problems or with overdrawn accounts which they don't feel are their fault.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place, good people, company that cares about employees & gives back to community

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsGood benefits. Work with a great group of people. Company really cares about employees & gives back to community. Employees have opportunities to give back also. Lots of perks. Totally different software development environment than other companies. Pace is slower and less stress.

ConsSeparation of areas and some people not willing to work with other groups. Frustrations with people in other groups not doing their jobs which affects you. In past some mgrs hired friends who were not qualified and still employed. Some processes made more complicated with multiple applications and lack of integration.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within. Use talent w/in company or hire more and stop using so many contractors.

Excellent Company

Bank Teller (Current Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

ProsGreat Pay, benefits, and hours Management Listens and understands employees concerns

ConsCustomer service and having to deal with peoples money can be frustrating

Not Bad

Financial Services Specialist II (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsCompany does care about their employees. Work/life balance.

ConsMicromanagement, unrealistic expecations for sales quotas

Worst Experience (For me, at least)

Teller (Former Employee) Montgomery, AL (US)

ProsGood Benefits, closed on all nationally recognized holidays, the pay (if you don't have a family and no real bills to pay, such as credit card debts, student loans,etc. If you live in an apartment, by yourself, with only the cable, power and water bills to pay, then the pay is pretty decent. Other wise, it would be a con). That's pretty much it.

ConsManagement, coworkers, RUDE customers, the pressure and stress of getting a customer to get a credit card or loan, etc. Management and coworkers alike treated me like crap for some reason ( I was told it was because they were jealous, but I don't know why they would be jealous of me). Basically, you have to be friends with the management (at the particular branch I worked at) in order for them to treat you with respect. I came to work TO work, not to make friends. The training process was too short. 1 week of reading a whole bunch of crap, and the other week was training at your branch before they just throw you to the wolves.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees with respect, not just the ones you're "friends" with. Make the training process at a branch at least 1 month to ensure that a new hire will have everything down pact. Oh, and stop stealing money (oh yes, most of the management and 1 employee got fired for stealing money at the branch I worked at. One of them even stole a check from my work area and tried to say I had it or lost it)

Don't work here.

ProsMade a lot of friends on the job.

ConsHorrible scheduling.
    Stupid policies.
    Regional Manager was the worst person I ever met in my life.

Overall, I learned alot working at Regions and enjoyed what I did!

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Lafayette, LA (US)

ProsThere is tons of opportunity for advancement with locations throughout the country if you should need to relocate.

ConsThe upper management could care less about what is happening on a local basis. They are very slow to respond to anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to train employees, no matter the position, in a better way. The current training program for new tellers is basically done on the computer in 3 days time.

It was great up until the last manager took over.

Special Assets Officer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits! Work well with family situations and seem to really be concerned when things aren't right at home.

ConsToo much of management tell you what to do instead of knowing what to do. I was under approximately 5 managers within a year. Instead of getting to know who worked for them they always came in with a "hammer/nail" type mentality. When things went wrong, instead of accepting blame they were quick to pass the blame around and if the blame ever fell on them they would find a way to make the blame yours regardless so there is no use in reporting anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease pay attention to the morale in the department. I was there a year and physically witnessed over 20 employees leave from one department. I was there for almost ten years and I left. I also witnessed 3 people suffer from a nervous breakdown. Not a good environment at all!!! At least not anymore.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!