Regions Financial
www.regions.com Birmingham, AL 5000+ Employees

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros:
  • "Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Competitive benefits and good work life balance"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management is disconnected from its workers at the branch level"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Sales goals can be a little unrealistic sometimes"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Short and sweet, gained a lot of knowledge about the banking sector.

Teller (Former Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Regions Financial part-time for less than a year

ProsSmall chain bank, more worried about consumers than pushing products.

ConsManagement at my branch wasn't that transparent.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone really to give

Sales driven, high pressure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Regions Financial

ProsPay was above average at the time of my employment

ConsCustomer care didn't come first, it was all about making a sale!

It's an OK place to work.

Head Teller (Former Employee)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEasy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits.

ConsOnce you move up to the next position you must be in the new position for a year or longer before you can advance again. I felt like I was on a higher level than that mentality and ultimately it cost them a great employee. Also, you do not receive merit raises.. it is annually and usually around 25 to 50 cents. (at least the 3 years I was there, and I was a top performer!)

The first year there was great.... Then I noticed how inefficient the company happily operates.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Regions Financial

ProsDecent pay for the city I live in.. Every Sunday off and good vacation time and sick pay available. The benefits are decent. Stead schedules.

ConsAlmost ALL of the systems that we use on a daily and hourly basis crash and are slow and clumsy when they're not crashing. It's a high call volume center and an even higher expectation to produce sales numbers for your team. The upper management push for higher and higher scores, but in training you are told that it is a "needs based" sales job.. What they don't tell you is that the "need" is entirely relent ice to the company's point of view and not the customer, so you have all the people answering phones to "help the customer" but then they end up pushing an idea for an impractical solution that will "meet the need"

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop promoting people to management only for their personalities. Most of your service reps (who have degrees in finance) are extremely disgruntled that they were passed up for a promotion. A good leader should be experienced and able to get something done and actually be useful to help their subordinates -not be a glorified cheerleader with a loud personality who knows how to put a nice spin on bad news to the team about changes to their incentive pay or systems and services meant to help the customers not being available.

Relationship Banker

I have been working at Regions Financial

ProsGreat benefits, competitive salary, bonus opportunities, casual but professional atmosphere to work in

ConsBenefits come at a pricey cost, management can seem unattainable at times

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to keep your involvement with the lower levels at a maximum. A disengaged management team does not leave the desired impression that first level employees want.

Over worked and under paid!!!!

Teller (Former Employee)
Jackson, MS (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsHolidays and weekends off, PTO, and benefits

ConsToo pushy with goals, work load is too heavy, management just cares about profit not people!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to work like a slave, be pushed to sell unrealistic goals, work with no voice or options, looked over for the great things because of small things. and get paid the bottom of the barrel then Regions is the place for you! Regions has lost sight of caring for the customer and their employees and only focus on profit. Working at a small less busy branch or working for a fair manager may save you some grief but not much. I have never been so stressed out by a job in my life! I will never work for Regions again. JUST SAY NO AND FIND ANOTHER JOB! Save yourself the headache!!

Good people, tough industry

Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee)
Hattiesburg, MS (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people and managers there really care about their employees. When hard times come, they are generous in trying to let the person take time off as appropriate. Also everyone I met was very ethical and kept the focus of how can we best help the customer.

ConsIndustry is in constant change, so new rules all the time. Banks in general do not pay very much (at least at the general staff level). Potential for higher income in management.

Not competitive with Salary or Incentive compared to other banks

Teller Supervisor/BOR (Former Employee)
Slidell, LA (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsThey offer fairly affordable benefits and promote from within a good part of the time.

ConsAs I mentioned they are not competitive salary or incentive wise compared to other large banks in the market. Not very good work / life balance concern. Incentive plan constantly changing making it nearly impossible to get. Audit branch wise regarding compliance is a nightmare......with ROMs breathing down the branch's neck (oh the ROB box) it creates a very stressful work environment especially in a high volume branch.

As with anything there are good and bad points.

Teller (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial part-time for more than a year

ProsI loved the people at the branch I worked in. We had a very great manager always out there and working hard for customers. Paid Holidays are great. Slow paced and easy work.

ConsPrevious manager did not work and had tellers doing her job. The is no room to grow. There is a lot of unfair practices favoring higher ups. Personal items were not safe and often gone through. Out of the six tellers I know, all were on assistance programs and/or had a second job because the pay is so low. Sales goals are impossible to reach. Lots of drama within the branches internally and externally. The systems are slow and there are too many to use thus taking too long for decent customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the values stated by Regions. Put people first by caring about the lower worker bees. Increase pay and help out. Do what is right by respecting personal space and making sure people in the company can live off their pay and care for their families. Reach higher by being a company that honestly cares and supports each other. Learn what each level in the company is about and try living one month to gain an understanding on how people live. Focus on the customer by taking notes on what upsets them not on just meeting sales goals. Cold calls are an invasion and outdated. Enjoy life by deleting the men's club mentality. Do special things for the branches and see how each branch is a unique family.

Good Start for your career

I have been working at Regions Financial

ProsBenefits are great with this company

ConsBe prepared to solicit and develop business

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regions Financial reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Regions Financial CEO O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.. All 317 reviews are posted anonymously by Regions Financial employees.