Regions Financial Reviews

Updated 27 August 2014
Updated 27 August 2014

3.3

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen (in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Workplace satisfaction Depends on Management

Former Employee - Financial Services Specialist II  in  Shreveport, LA (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Services Specialist II in Shreveport, LA (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great learning experience for entry level position. Lots of room for advancement

Cons

Management styles and goals can vary depending on location, sometimes they are great and other times not so much. Can be very aggressive with pushing sales goals.

Create more opportunities for professional development on all levels.

Wonderful Company To Be A Part Of

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Gained lots of experience, and met a lot of good people. I miss working there.

Cons

I didn't find anything that I disliked while working for Regions.

Company direction is not consistent from market to market.

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Training is within banking standard and systems are user friendly. Company has great core values. Good Benefit package! Advancement is available and internal candidates are given first consideration.

Cons

Coaching is in effective. Expectations are not ever clearly conveyed and can change at a moments notice. Leadership does not always have the ability to make a decision when needed.

Management needs to take every decision and evaluate individually and base outcome on past actual performance.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Room for Growth

Current Employee - Bsl
    Current Employee - Bsl

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coaching tools, training, benefits. Great team of engaged co-workers

Cons

Raises are slim, consistency is challenging...should be able to be paid out for unused sick time.

Recognition in pay, not dinner or prizes. Take notice in how many hats we wear, and reward us with a decent raise.

High pressure sales and pay disparity

Current Employee - Branch Team Leader  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Team Leader in Memphis, TN (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Regular Hours
    -Decent training to set you up for a better job
    -Decent Benefits

Cons

-Large pay disparity with overlapping salaries. I was promoted to assistant manager after 2 years of hard work and great sales numbers. I got in to my branch to find out that the associate I'd be managing, who was a fresh hire with no sales experience, was making more than me. I left the position and my replacement, who was an outside hire, was making 15k more than I was.
    -Priority for outside hires. Don't expect to move up with this company - if they can hire from outside they will. They will also pay them a lot more than an internal promotion.
    -If you don't hit sales goals you get punished with multiple "call nights" each week. We call these detention because they keep you after work for an hour or two to cold call people who are tired and just getting home from work.
    -If you do hit your goal you get punished. The branch goals are increased and the amount of credit you get for each product you sell is decreased.
    -Goals are not scaled by branch traffic. If you get stuck in a slow branch you will get no bonus and have no opportunity to advance. Advancement is based primarily on the number of checking accounts you open. You can have a branch where each associate sees 20 customers a day and a branch where they each see one customer a day - they have the same goal. Management tells you to make up the difference by cold calling. The people that do the least amount of work (they get to sit and clerk products all day long) get the most in bonuses. Nobody lasts in the slow branches because of the stress. You get constant criticism and are belittled because your numbers are not the same as a busy branch.

Promote from within and pay what you would an outside hire! It is insulting to pay as much to internal promotions. Sales and retention will increase with happy associates. You don't need to raise goals every time someone hits them. I know it sucks to have to pay bonuses, but realize that you're paying them because this person made you money (a lot more than the small percentage you're paying in bonus). Something is wrong when your #1 CSM in the company can't keep associates more than a few months. There are constant reports of verbal abuse that need to be handled. Look at the top performing companies in the US - the forward thinking google type companies. They're not doing it by abusing their associates - they just figured out that fair pay and treating people right goes a long way.

Don't trust this company with confidential information!!!!

Former Employee - Teller  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This has great opportunities for advancement, great benefits and great bonuses. Coworkers inside the branch was great to work with.

Cons

There is one particular area manager also known as a CSM that talks very bad to the associates that work in the branches that he oversee. He also call the female associates out of there names to other mangers. Human Resource does not keep confidential information confidential.

Human Resource employees and Area Managers need to go to training classes.

Fast-paced work environment but great co-workers

Former Employee - Branch Service Leader
    Former Employee - Branch Service Leader

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are great. Co-workers are easy to get along with and customers are friendly. Pretty flexible work schedule as long as you schedule ahead of time to ensure adequate staffing.

Cons

Underpaid for the amount of responsibility. Short-staffed a lot so it was difficult to provide optimal customer service. Customers would get angry about fees or long wait times that employees can't control.

Employees have great ideas and opinions that should count. Take the time to listen and respect them.

some ups, many downs.

Current Employee - Teller  in  Lafayette, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in Lafayette, IN (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial part-time for less than a year

Pros

bankers hours are pretty nice, payout if you meet your sales goal, friendly co-workers (usually), other good incentives to get paid days off and bonuses.

Cons

Always short staffed, no float team, managers dont really know how to be on a teller line even though they are trained to do so in case it is needed.

Has been a good place to work in the past but the last few years it's taken a downturn.

Current Employee - Branch Team Leader
    Current Employee - Branch Team Leader

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, good team members for the most part, good work-life balance

Cons

So sales oriented now that it's hard to enjoy your day to day customer interactions.

Give fair PE values for products, quit reducing them every quarter. Consider changing the incentive plan altogether so we are encouraged to not only sale, but have fun doing it. Better products would help with that as well. Also, a "thank you" or "I appreciate your hard work" would go a long way.

Lowest Paying Bank

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Tupelo, MS (US)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Tupelo, MS (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, focus is on customer service not just sales, excellent continuous training, strong operationally and a nice place to work

Cons

Low salaries, limited staffing, goals are reset each year so when you make your goal they reward you by increasing it the next year!

If they want to retain experienced managers and cut down on management turnover they should consider promoting from within and pay a competitive salary.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!