Regions Financial

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated 11 September 2014
Updated 11 September 2014
3.3

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen (in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Room for Growth

Current Employee - Bsl
    Current Employee - Bsl

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coaching tools, training, benefits. Great team of engaged co-workers

Cons

Raises are slim, consistency is challenging...should be able to be paid out for unused sick time.

Recognition in pay, not dinner or prizes. Take notice in how many hats we wear, and reward us with a decent raise.

Good company with great people!

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

Ability to move up if you apply yourself.

Cons

Not much room for raises.

A candy bar and printed out certificate or pizza party is not sufficient reward for a job well done. Grown ups like money...

High pressure sales and pay disparity

Current Employee - Branch Team Leader  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Team Leader in Memphis, TN (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Regular Hours
    -Decent training to set you up for a better job
    -Decent Benefits

Cons

-Large pay disparity with overlapping salaries. I was promoted to assistant manager after 2 years of hard work and great sales numbers. I got in to my branch to find out that the associate I'd be managing, who was a fresh hire with no sales experience, was making more than me. I left the position and my replacement, who was an outside hire, was making 15k more than I was.
    -Priority for outside hires. Don't expect to move up with this company - if they can hire from outside they will. They will also pay them a lot more than an internal promotion.
    -If you don't hit sales goals you get punished with multiple "call nights" each week. We call these detention because they keep you after work for an hour or two to cold call people who are tired and just getting home from work.
    -If you do hit your goal you get punished. The branch goals are increased and the amount of credit you get for each product you sell is decreased.
    -Goals are not scaled by branch traffic. If you get stuck in a slow branch you will get no bonus and have no opportunity to advance. Advancement is based primarily on the number of checking accounts you open. You can have a branch where each associate sees 20 customers a day and a branch where they each see one customer a day - they have the same goal. Management tells you to make up the difference by cold calling. The people that do the least amount of work (they get to sit and clerk products all day long) get the most in bonuses. Nobody lasts in the slow branches because of the stress. You get constant criticism and are belittled because your numbers are not the same as a busy branch.

Promote from within and pay what you would an outside hire! It is insulting to pay as much to internal promotions. Sales and retention will increase with happy associates. You don't need to raise goals every time someone hits them. I know it sucks to have to pay bonuses, but realize that you're paying them because this person made you money (a lot more than the small percentage you're paying in bonus). Something is wrong when your #1 CSM in the company can't keep associates more than a few months. There are constant reports of verbal abuse that need to be handled. Look at the top performing companies in the US - the forward thinking google type companies. They're not doing it by abusing their associates - they just figured out that fair pay and treating people right goes a long way.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The experience was long but worth it.

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Stability, HourS, Benefits, Pay, Potential to advance

Cons

The only Con I have is the Long processing time.

N/A

Great start to a career

Former Employee - Teller
    Former Employee - Teller

I worked at Regions Financial part-time

Pros

Good company to work for and get your foot in the door.
    Co-workers are more than willing to help you learn & grow.
    Qualify for benefits at 30hrs per week.

Cons

Depending on the market - upward mobility could be stifled.
    At 30 hrs a week - still considered part time and don't qualify for any vacation time

Has been a good place to work in the past but the last few years it's taken a downturn.

Current Employee - Branch Team Leader
    Current Employee - Branch Team Leader

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, good team members for the most part, good work-life balance

Cons

So sales oriented now that it's hard to enjoy your day to day customer interactions.

Give fair PE values for products, quit reducing them every quarter. Consider changing the incentive plan altogether so we are encouraged to not only sale, but have fun doing it. Better products would help with that as well. Also, a "thank you" or "I appreciate your hard work" would go a long way.

Lowest Paying Bank

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Tupelo, MS (US)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Tupelo, MS (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, focus is on customer service not just sales, excellent continuous training, strong operationally and a nice place to work

Cons

Low salaries, limited staffing, goals are reset each year so when you make your goal they reward you by increasing it the next year!

If they want to retain experienced managers and cut down on management turnover they should consider promoting from within and pay a competitive salary.

Really is the former AmSouth Bank and not the old Regions Bank.

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, lots of vacation and government holidays, most employee interaction is helpful and friendly

Cons

This bank is really AmSouth Bank and not the old Regions, they are not willing to let go of the old AmSouth ways, polices, computer programs and Regions did some of those things better. The former AmSouth employees seem to get favoritism, especially in management positions or promotions. Hours can be inflexible at times.

Let go of all the AmSouth stuff and adopt new policies.

Don't work here.

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Made a lot of friends on the job.

Cons

Horrible scheduling.
    Stupid policies.
    Regional Manager was the worst person I ever met in my life.

Ups and Downs

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The benefits are outstanding. Regions offers 12 sick days per calendar year and vacation starts at two weeks, moving up to four weeks, based off of length of employment.

Cons

The company is very reliant on the "good ole boy" system. Internal applicants are given false hopes of internal advancement, yet overlooked when the time does actually come. Much like in college fraternities, it's all about who your family and friends are, that decide how high your ceiling is. Internal candidates are encouraged to give ideas and ask questions, yet when they do, they are looked down upon and in some cases reprimanded.

Look into what management is doing in certain departments. The good ole boy system is going to eventually cause certain areas to face difficult times. If an upper management position has cycled through countless people in just a few short years, then the problem is the person hiring. Not the person getting continuously ran out.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!