Regions Financial

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated 11 September 2014
Updated 11 September 2014
3.3

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen (in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall good company

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

good benefits, good coworkers, great training. Good company overall at national level.

Cons

Advancement may be slow. Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen... Have been told one thing and another thing happens. All depends on local upper management.

Great Company, Strong Leadership

Former Employee - Compliance Officer  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Compliance Officer in Birmingham, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Benefits, Great Atmosphere, Above average Compensation. Good Structure and you know what to expect.

Cons

Promotions can be political. Employees in the production side could be more respected.

HR processes could be much more efficient. Treat inside employment candidates as equal as outside candidates.

*Company wants something for nothing*

Former Employee - Teller  in  Natchez, MS (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Natchez, MS (US)

I worked at Regions Financial part-time for more than a year

Pros

Gives you customer service experience.

Cons

As a teller, you will make $50 a day. When you begin, you will have to wait a month to get paid. You will have to go out of town to the headquarters three different times.

This job is very micromanaged. The head teller is a Nazi. She is always looking over your shoulder, ready for you to mess up, so she can write you up. From the date you get written up, you have to wait a whole year before applying for a better position. It is very easy to get written up.
    You will have about a 150 plus transactions a day. There will be many times that you will be shorthanded because of vacation, sickness, etc. The day after Christmas, there were only two tellers working!

And they got upset, when I was over a dollar! They chastised me over a dollar. They expect you and the head teller to look for it, when you are trying to get out the door.

What tops it off, the bank will not even give their employees a bonus. They will NOT even give their tellers a $100 to show us some appreciation.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Bank Teller  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Pay, benefits, and hours Management Listens and understands employees concerns

Cons

Customer service and having to deal with peoples money can be frustrating

Wonderful company to work for.

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Professional atmosphere with great chance for advancement. Bonus structure. Great working conditions and facilities.

Cons

Industry is changing through no fault of Regions Bank and most of the customers coming into the bank are those of lower incomes, with problems or with overdrawn accounts which they don't feel are their fault.

Great place, good people, company that cares about employees & gives back to community

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Work with a great group of people. Company really cares about employees & gives back to community. Employees have opportunities to give back also. Lots of perks. Totally different software development environment than other companies. Pace is slower and less stress.

Cons

Separation of areas and some people not willing to work with other groups. Frustrations with people in other groups not doing their jobs which affects you. In past some mgrs hired friends who were not qualified and still employed. Some processes made more complicated with multiple applications and lack of integration.

Promote within. Use talent w/in company or hire more and stop using so many contractors.

Not Bad

Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist II  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist II in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company does care about their employees. Work/life balance.

Cons

Micromanagement, unrealistic expecations for sales quotas

Worst Experience (For me, at least)

Former Employee - Teller  in  Montgomery, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Montgomery, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, closed on all nationally recognized holidays, the pay (if you don't have a family and no real bills to pay, such as credit card debts, student loans,etc. If you live in an apartment, by yourself, with only the cable, power and water bills to pay, then the pay is pretty decent. Other wise, it would be a con). That's pretty much it.

Cons

Management, coworkers, RUDE customers, the pressure and stress of getting a customer to get a credit card or loan, etc. Management and coworkers alike treated me like crap for some reason ( I was told it was because they were jealous, but I don't know why they would be jealous of me). Basically, you have to be friends with the management (at the particular branch I worked at) in order for them to treat you with respect. I came to work TO work, not to make friends. The training process was too short. 1 week of reading a whole bunch of crap, and the other week was training at your branch before they just throw you to the wolves.

Treat all employees with respect, not just the ones you're "friends" with. Make the training process at a branch at least 1 month to ensure that a new hire will have everything down pact. Oh, and stop stealing money (oh yes, most of the management and 1 employee got fired for stealing money at the branch I worked at. One of them even stole a check from my work area and tried to say I had it or lost it)

Great

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time

Pros

It was a very exciting first career job

Cons

Some of the systems they used are dated.

It was great up until the last manager took over.

Former Employee - Special Assets Officer
    Former Employee - Special Assets Officer

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits! Work well with family situations and seem to really be concerned when things aren't right at home.

Cons

Too much of management tell you what to do instead of knowing what to do. I was under approximately 5 managers within a year. Instead of getting to know who worked for them they always came in with a "hammer/nail" type mentality. When things went wrong, instead of accepting blame they were quick to pass the blame around and if the blame ever fell on them they would find a way to make the blame yours regardless so there is no use in reporting anything.

Please pay attention to the morale in the department. I was there a year and physically witnessed over 20 employees leave from one department. I was there for almost ten years and I left. I also witnessed 3 people suffer from a nervous breakdown. Not a good environment at all!!! At least not anymore.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!