Regions Financial

www.regions.com
Profile Unclaimed

Great family environment !

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

Great benefits
    Excellent training
    Teamwork
    Bonus for referrals

Cons

None at all, if you are trying to move up training is provided.

None

Decent place to work.

Current Employee - Bank Teller
    Current Employee - Bank Teller

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I like working for the company. I have only had good experiences with the company. Nurturing environment, weekends and nights off, competitive pay.

Cons

There aren't many alternative paths for advancement in the company. The only way to advance is grow with in the branch (teller, banker, assistant manager, then branch manager.) I find it difficult to transfer into other areas of the company.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Commercial Underwriter
    Current Employee - Senior Commercial Underwriter

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Likeable, high-achieving co-workers; positive company reputation; competitive compensation and benefits.

Cons

Typical corporate bureocracy of a large bank; small talent pool in headquarters city which leads to inconsistent service quality from internal support staff.

Accelerate the share repurchase program to consistently increase our stock price.

Great products and services, marketing and culture

Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist in Chattanooga, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Regions has good leadership in place in the Chattanooga market and very friendly culture. Regions is also very focused on providing a consistent customer service experience in hopes of exceeding the customers expectations every time. They are also very good about trying to promote from within.

Cons

Staffing is an issue at all branches. They want all their non-manager platform people to be cross trained to do teller work. In some cases, they count on these people too much having some people work for months in a teller window while still expecting them to meet established goals.

Keep doing what you are doing. Upper management needs to find other was besides cutting staff so tight to remain profitable. Your great culture is eventually going to go down hill if this doesn't improve. Perhaps you should have a few floating universal bankers in each market.

Assume till the new manager was for my department was hired and she took a dislike to me

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

Great Pay. Nice co-workers. Free parking in the garage.

Cons

Terrible Manager. Poor hiring of new loan officers.

Don"t hire managers that worked for a company 3-4 years and move on. They had to leave those places for a reason don"t ya think? I mean, if your running your department successfully, your profits are up than why do you leave

Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Regions is a good company to work for. Compensation is fair and employees are encouraged to grow in their position.

Cons

Lately there has been a staffing issue. This puts too much pressure on the employees working at branches.

Branches need to be fully staffed.

Teller

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Enjoyed it,nice coworkers,nice manager.Easy job

Cons

Pay could be better hard to advance

Good learning opportunity

Current Employee - Credit Underwriter I in Montgomery, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Credit Underwriter I in Montgomery, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Great people to work for, very nice

Cons

Top heavy, lack of advancement

more diversity, more women at the top

Job was terrible, frustrating and insulting.

Former Employee - IT Helpdesk Support (Level I) in Birmingham, AL (US)
    Former Employee - IT Helpdesk Support (Level I) in Birmingham, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

It's a big company so Regions isn't going anywhere. The cafeteria in the ROC facility is decent. Office is clean.

Cons

I worked here for four months and I left with no notice after I dealt with one-too-many entitled executives. You see, the Level 1 Helpdesk is the bottom of the barrel at Regions, and no one ever lets you forget that. You'll get everyone from lowly tellers to Senior VPs talking down to you, making you feel like a jerk for having them wait on the phone for 5 minutes and not eliminating all future technical issues. You'll never feel happy about working in this role.

The monitored/recorded and nonstop calls will drive you mad. There's no incentive to get through calls fast, because you are only allowed something like 2 minutes between calls for a break. Long-time workers know exactly how to "pass the buck" regarding harder-to-resolve issues and purposely deflect lengthy tickets in an effort to keep their call/resolution times down. It's all a game, and unless you are just as shady, your performance will always look inferior, even if you ACTUALLY resolve users' issues.

Oh, and the management are super anal about being on time. One time, due to traffic, I was literally 2 minutes late. As I walked to my half-cubicle at 8:02am, my boss was waiting there for me, arms folded, and scolded me for being late. Let's not forget that the ROC facility is located just off the worst expressway I have ever encountered – I-65 – and the two lane road that takes you from there to Regions is often congested like crazy at 8am and 5pm each day. Oh, and that it literally takes 5 minutes to walk from the parking lot to the farthest corner of the 2nd floor where the Level 1 Support area is. It was insane getting to/leaving work. The ROC is a terrible place to work for that reason alone.

In the end I got past my 3-month review with glowing reviews because I paid attention and could do the work well...but the non-stop barrage of unhappy/jerky people to support will drive most people mad.

I have no advice because it doesn't matter - Regions cares less about Helpdesk Level 1 than anyone else at the company.

Great people lackluster executive leadership.

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Great people. That want to do the right thing

Cons

Low pay, very little creativity, good ol boy network at the leadership level.

Add a little diversity to leadership, understand the need for better pay without offense.

Regions Financial Photos