Regions Financial

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated 21 August 2014
Updated 21 August 2014

3.2

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen (in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Worst Experience (For me, at least)

Former Employee - Teller  in  Montgomery, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Montgomery, AL (US)

Pros

Good Benefits, closed on all nationally recognized holidays, the pay (if you don't have a family and no real bills to pay, such as credit card debts, student loans,etc. If you live in an apartment, by yourself, with only the cable, power and water bills to pay, then the pay is pretty decent. Other wise, it would be a con). That's pretty much it.

Cons

Management, coworkers, RUDE customers, the pressure and stress of getting a customer to get a credit card or loan, etc. Management and coworkers alike treated me like crap for some reason ( I was told it was because they were jealous, but I don't know why they would be jealous of me). Basically, you have to be friends with the management (at the particular branch I worked at) in order for them to treat you with respect. I came to work TO work, not to make friends. The training process was too short. 1 week of reading a whole bunch of crap, and the other week was training at your branch before they just throw you to the wolves.

Treat all employees with respect, not just the ones you're "friends" with. Make the training process at a branch at least 1 month to ensure that a new hire will have everything down pact. Oh, and stop stealing money (oh yes, most of the management and 1 employee got fired for stealing money at the branch I worked at. One of them even stole a check from my work area and tried to say I had it or lost it)

Great

Pros

It was a very exciting first career job

Cons

Some of the systems they used are dated.

It was great up until the last manager took over.

Former Employee - Special Assets Officer
    Former Employee - Special Assets Officer

Pros

Great benefits! Work well with family situations and seem to really be concerned when things aren't right at home.

Cons

Too much of management tell you what to do instead of knowing what to do. I was under approximately 5 managers within a year. Instead of getting to know who worked for them they always came in with a "hammer/nail" type mentality. When things went wrong, instead of accepting blame they were quick to pass the blame around and if the blame ever fell on them they would find a way to make the blame yours regardless so there is no use in reporting anything.

Please pay attention to the morale in the department. I was there a year and physically witnessed over 20 employees leave from one department. I was there for almost ten years and I left. I also witnessed 3 people suffer from a nervous breakdown. Not a good environment at all!!! At least not anymore.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ups and Downs

Pros

The benefits are outstanding. Regions offers 12 sick days per calendar year and vacation starts at two weeks, moving up to four weeks, based off of length of employment.

Cons

The company is very reliant on the "good ole boy" system. Internal applicants are given false hopes of internal advancement, yet overlooked when the time does actually come. Much like in college fraternities, it's all about who your family and friends are, that decide how high your ceiling is. Internal candidates are encouraged to give ideas and ask questions, yet when they do, they are looked down upon and in some cases reprimanded.

Look into what management is doing in certain departments. The good ole boy system is going to eventually cause certain areas to face difficult times. If an upper management position has cycled through countless people in just a few short years, then the problem is the person hiring. Not the person getting continuously ran out.

Tedious

Former Employee - Teller  in  Huntsville, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Huntsville, AL (US)

Pros

decent pay but not for everyone

Cons

management is not the best

Hire better

Don't work here.

Pros

Made a lot of friends on the job.

Cons

Horrible scheduling.
    Stupid policies.
    Regional Manager was the worst person I ever met in my life.

Overall, I learned alot working at Regions and enjoyed what I did!

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Lafayette, LA (US)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Lafayette, LA (US)

Pros

There is tons of opportunity for advancement with locations throughout the country if you should need to relocate.

Cons

The upper management could care less about what is happening on a local basis. They are very slow to respond to anything.

Learn to train employees, no matter the position, in a better way. The current training program for new tellers is basically done on the computer in 3 days time.

It was an ok experience nothing really to exciting.

Current Employee - Teller  in  DFW, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in DFW, TX (US)

Pros

When you leave for the day you are done.

Cons

Very Boring and for the DFW certain branches can have almost no traffic which makes it very difficult to get referrals.

Shifting Landscape - Small Bank to Large Bank

Pros

Solid training program. Decent benefits. Some banking perks but nothing that is out of the ordinary. Depending on the leadership, can create a community banking feel in large markets.

Cons

Constantly shifting focuses take away from the training provided. Programs and goals set from headquarters with not much consideration for different markets it operates in.

Market specific goals and programs would help to compete in each market.

Questionable leadership and decision-making.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Pros

Decent pay, training and benefits, but production goals are unrealistic.

Cons

The computer system is slow and antiquated and takes valuable time away from trying to hit the unrealistic sales goals. Turnover of staff, from tellers to business bankers, is very high compared to other banks and an observant person can see that management is the reason why the staff is nervous and unhappy. Mistakes, no matter how inconsequential, are not forgiven and will be held against you. Hard work and good performance does little to reverse the damage. Do not voice concerns to management, even when they ask you for your honest feedback, because it will come back to bite you. Gossip is prevalent, management does little to discourage it, and is sometimes the source of it. As a whole, the company is good and these comments are reflective of the dysfunctional Orlando management.

Be aware the company policy such as, "do the right thing" applies to them as well.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!