Regions Financial Reviews

Updated 30 October 2014
Updated 30 October 2014
3.3

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 20 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management is afraid to ask what the specific goals of upper management are (in 22 reviews)

• Can be very aggressive with pushing sales goals (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Company direction is not consistent from market to market.

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Training is within banking standard and systems are user friendly. Company has great core values. Good Benefit package! Advancement is available and internal candidates are given first consideration.

Cons

Coaching is in effective. Expectations are not ever clearly conveyed and can change at a moments notice. Leadership does not always have the ability to make a decision when needed.

Management needs to take every decision and evaluate individually and base outcome on past actual performance.

Room for Growth

Current Employee - Bsl
    Current Employee - Bsl

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coaching tools, training, benefits. Great team of engaged co-workers

Cons

Raises are slim, consistency is challenging...should be able to be paid out for unused sick time.

Recognition in pay, not dinner or prizes. Take notice in how many hats we wear, and reward us with a decent raise.

High pressure sales and pay disparity

Current Employee - Branch Team Leader in Memphis, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Team Leader in Memphis, TN (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Regular Hours
    -Decent training to set you up for a better job
    -Decent Benefits

Cons

-Large pay disparity with overlapping salaries. I was promoted to assistant manager after 2 years of hard work and great sales numbers. I got in to my branch to find out that the associate I'd be managing, who was a fresh hire with no sales experience, was making more than me. I left the position and my replacement, who was an outside hire, was making 15k more than I was.
    -Priority for outside hires. Don't expect to move up with this company - if they can hire from outside they will. They will also pay them a lot more than an internal promotion.
    -If you don't hit sales goals you get punished with multiple "call nights" each week. We call these detention because they keep you after work for an hour or two to cold call people who are tired and just getting home from work.
    -If you do hit your goal you get punished. The branch goals are increased and the amount of credit you get for each product you sell is decreased.
    -Goals are not scaled by branch traffic. If you get stuck in a slow branch you will get no bonus and have no opportunity to advance. Advancement is based primarily on the number of checking accounts you open. You can have a branch where each associate sees 20 customers a day and a branch where they each see one customer a day - they have the same goal. Management tells you to make up the difference by cold calling. The people that do the least amount of work (they get to sit and clerk products all day long) get the most in bonuses. Nobody lasts in the slow branches because of the stress. You get constant criticism and are belittled because your numbers are not the same as a busy branch.

Promote from within and pay what you would an outside hire! It is insulting to pay as much to internal promotions. Sales and retention will increase with happy associates. You don't need to raise goals every time someone hits them. I know it sucks to have to pay bonuses, but realize that you're paying them because this person made you money (a lot more than the small percentage you're paying in bonus). Something is wrong when your #1 CSM in the company can't keep associates more than a few months. There are constant reports of verbal abuse that need to be handled. Look at the top performing companies in the US - the forward thinking google type companies. They're not doing it by abusing their associates - they just figured out that fair pay and treating people right goes a long way.

Fast-paced work environment but great co-workers

Former Employee - Branch Service Leader
    Former Employee - Branch Service Leader

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are great. Co-workers are easy to get along with and customers are friendly. Pretty flexible work schedule as long as you schedule ahead of time to ensure adequate staffing.

Cons

Underpaid for the amount of responsibility. Short-staffed a lot so it was difficult to provide optimal customer service. Customers would get angry about fees or long wait times that employees can't control.

Employees have great ideas and opinions that should count. Take the time to listen and respect them.

Has been a good place to work in the past but the last few years it's taken a downturn.

Current Employee - Branch Team Leader
    Current Employee - Branch Team Leader

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good team members for the most part, good work-life balance

Cons

So sales oriented now that it's hard to enjoy your day to day customer interactions.

Give fair PE values for products, quit reducing them every quarter. Consider changing the incentive plan altogether so we are encouraged to not only sale, but have fun doing it. Better products would help with that as well. Also, a "thank you" or "I appreciate your hard work" would go a long way.

Lowest Paying Bank

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Tupelo, MS (US)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Tupelo, MS (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, focus is on customer service not just sales, excellent continuous training, strong operationally and a nice place to work

Cons

Low salaries, limited staffing, goals are reset each year so when you make your goal they reward you by increasing it the next year!

If they want to retain experienced managers and cut down on management turnover they should consider promoting from within and pay a competitive salary.

Good company with great people!

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

Ability to move up if you apply yourself.

Cons

Not much room for raises.

A candy bar and printed out certificate or pizza party is not sufficient reward for a job well done. Grown ups like money...

The experience was long but worth it.

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Stability, HourS, Benefits, Pay, Potential to advance

Cons

The only Con I have is the Long processing time.

N/A

Great start to a career

Former Employee - Teller
    Former Employee - Teller

I worked at Regions Financial part-time

Pros

Good company to work for and get your foot in the door.
    Co-workers are more than willing to help you learn & grow.
    Qualify for benefits at 30hrs per week.

Cons

Depending on the market - upward mobility could be stifled.
    At 30 hrs a week - still considered part time and don't qualify for any vacation time

Working for Regions Financial was an interesting,educational,and rewarding experience.

Former Employee - Financial Services Specialist II in Memphis, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Services Specialist II in Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The leadership there was great,there were positions for advancement,the atmosphere was positive and kept morale up and there chances to earn extra money by promoting products offered by the bank.

Cons

Some of practices in sales were repetitive in that if the same customer called several times in one day,each associate he/she spoke with was required to discuss the same products on each call.

Because the all industries are constantly changing in an effort to improve and be competitive,more time needs to be allowed for training and "hiccups" in new information should be corrected before it is presented to the associate to learn incorrectly.

Regions Financial Photos