Regions Financial Reviews

Updated 27 August 2014
Updated 27 August 2014

3.3

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen (in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Not Bad

Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist II  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist II in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company does care about their employees. Work/life balance.

Cons

Micromanagement, unrealistic expecations for sales quotas

I thought I had a career opportunity with a wonderful company.

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working day shift.

Cons

High turnover rate! I was terminated for using an earned "evergreen day".

Have consideration for people who are there to earn a living, I have lost my home, my car, my income because of using my evergreen day...I'm sorry I thought it was earned...

Shifting Landscape - Small Bank to Large Bank

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Solid training program. Decent benefits. Some banking perks but nothing that is out of the ordinary. Depending on the leadership, can create a community banking feel in large markets.

Cons

Constantly shifting focuses take away from the training provided. Programs and goals set from headquarters with not much consideration for different markets it operates in.

Market specific goals and programs would help to compete in each market.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Questionable leadership and decision-making.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, training and benefits, but production goals are unrealistic.

Cons

The computer system is slow and antiquated and takes valuable time away from trying to hit the unrealistic sales goals. Turnover of staff, from tellers to business bankers, is very high compared to other banks and an observant person can see that management is the reason why the staff is nervous and unhappy. Mistakes, no matter how inconsequential, are not forgiven and will be held against you. Hard work and good performance does little to reverse the damage. Do not voice concerns to management, even when they ask you for your honest feedback, because it will come back to bite you. Gossip is prevalent, management does little to discourage it, and is sometimes the source of it. As a whole, the company is good and these comments are reflective of the dysfunctional Orlando management.

Be aware the company policy such as, "do the right thing" applies to them as well.

Contract Employee

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Expectations are not too high.

Cons

Decsions by upper management are questionable.

OK company

Current Employee - Teller  in  Saint Petersburg, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

The hours are great. You'd work occasional Saturdays and have half days in the week if you did work a Saturday. Everyone's really nice and friendly.

Cons

If you want to move up you have to know the right people.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company putos people first. The work environment is great. Great management. I love it here. It is a great company to build a career. Though I don't have every luxury, I have everything that I need in order to be successful and have a fulfilling career here.It's the best bank that I have worked for.

Cons

I am happy with my compensation, though I have heard others say that it is average.

Regions is a very nice place to work!

Current Employee - Information Technology  in  Hoover, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Hoover, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great personal and professional growth opportunities. Competitive compensation. Very much committed to promoting from within and developing leaders internally. Friendly yet professional work atmosphere.

Cons

Benefits are just average. Can't really think of any other cons.

Management needs to be more willing to listen to associates and not be so narrow minded. Think out of the box and be a little more open to change even if it means a bit more risk.

Overall great experience. Will definitely stay awhile.

Current Employee - Vice President, Marketing  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President, Marketing in Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not the best compensation in the world, but the benefits are good. Small annual salary increase based on your performance and the company performance. (Basically cost of living/inflation adjustment.) I started out with 3 weeks of vacation being an exempt employee. You earn a 4th week of vacation after 5 calendar years with the company. 401k 4% match. Work/life balance is great. They understand last minute things come up and you have to take care of it. Lots of opportunity for advancement in or outside your department.

Cons

No tuition reimbursement for Master's Degrees or MBA, only undergraduate.

Listen to the customer, especially younger ones. The majority of our current customers are getting older and their needs are not the same as younger customers. Invest in technology and don't charge for it. Change policies to benefit the customer rather than the company. (i.e. Reg E, check cashing, etc.)

Summer Private Wealth Management Intern

Former Employee - Private Banking Intern  in  Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Former Employee - Private Banking Intern in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I worked at Regions Financial as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very laid back with scheduling and time off. Friendly employees willing to help me learn and better understand what I was doing. Allowed me to travel to other offices to fill my downtime some, and allowed me to sit in on a few client meetings to gain more experience of the full-time position.

Cons

No advancement opportunities beyond internship, no structured internship program, too much downtime without instruction or tasks to be done, not enough access to company software (this limited me from being able to fully help the wealth advisors and led to too much unstructured downtime, also took away from the experience I gained from the internship), very limited access to financial software, a majority of the work I did was filing and basic office tasks (making labels, updating mailing lists, printing envelops, etc...)

Develop a structured internship program, give full computer access to interns so they can offer more help to the wealth advisors and gain a better understanding of what a full-time job in the industry would entail.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!