Rent-A-Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rent-A-Center CEO Robert D. Davis

Robert D. Davis

Pros
  • stable company good pay don't enjoy to go to work but i like my job(in 40 reviews)

• Pretty decent pay considering you need no experience(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance due to the 50 hour work week schedule(in 34 reviews)

• Long hours, the whole concept scams low income people andshould be illegal(in 81 reviews)

Overworked, underpaid managers, poor treatment of employees and customers...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFor individuals without a college education, the pay is pretty fair, until one enters management.

ConsManagers are underpaid, responsibilities are often over-exaggerated and unreasonable. Where I was employed, treatment from one person to the next varied by how much you "fit in with the boss". Shifts are usually 10+ hrs a day, and often merchandise deliveries run over; keeping the manager and the employee even longer at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest into your management team! Most of the managers are employees that took customer applications and "rolled the deal",,, thus had a lot of sales.... big deal, as most are garbage on the books, but looks like a lot of activity from the employee. They (managers) have no formal training on how to talk to employees or customers, the have no experience with labor laws, human resources and most of the time little to no experience on RAC paperwork, processes, systems.... etc. Management training classes can be broken into separate classes... keeping some in the store while others are learning. Invest some of your 4 billion in sales...

Great experience with lots of advancement.

District Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsTraining program good and competitive salary.

ConsTerrible work schedule with days off if any staggered, and no work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have more work life balance that you preach it seems the only employees with work life balance are regional directors and above.

RAC

Tech (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

Prosstable company good pay don't enjoy to go to work but i like my job

Conseveryone wants more money ,need better race

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyable, but.......

N/A (Current Employee)

ProsWeekly paychecks, fast paced environment, always something to do, can be rewarding, easily fulfilled career, not much to get in.

ConsSome of the customers that we cater to, employee mentality, bad surprises, easy to get wrapped up into something else, time away from family, very time consuming, working sun up to sundown.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more staff and work less hours.

it was a good job loved to stay busy

Account Manager (Former Employee) Elsa, TX (US)

Prosthere is always something to do, I was out by 9 pm or at 8 pm

Consa lot of physical labor work

Advice to Senior Managementwork better with your employees

Decent pay but long hours

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsDecent pay for what it is.

ConsLong hours 9am to 8pm

Advice to Senior ManagementNot all stores are great. I have worked in three different states with RAC and my latest move to Florida is a nightmare. Terrible managment.

Good for starters.

Store Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

Prosdecent pay, consistent work schedule, holidays and Sundays always off and decent benefits.

Consmanagers positions are very vulnerable positions.

Advice to Senior Managementneeds better trained managers

If I knew then what I know now, I would have never left my previous employer for Rent-A-Center!

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsNothing, I would not recommend this employer to anyone who likes to deal with people with honesty and integrity.

ConsIn the district I worked in there was disrespect demonstrated daily by the store managers towards employees as well as customers. The companies core values are not demonstrated in this particular district.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe companies desired culture and values are impressive but it in some areas it does not roll down to the store level.

I loved working for them. The only reason I didn't go back was because I had a baby and you work long hours & great pay.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Lumberton, NC (US)

ProsYou get a lot of experience here in many fields, kind of like tele-marketing, sales, register experience and most of all, I enjoyed working with the public.

ConsThe most hardest thing here is hitting your numbers. If you don't reach the desired goal of the company, they will get rid of you. On the other hand, if you work hard at it, you can do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice would be to cut down on the hours and maybe share the work load between 2 people instead of putting it all on one person. It is a very stressful job....although I enjoyed it and I really miss it. My last year worked was 04-2006.

Don't do it!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Delivery drivers spend majority of their time away from the store.
    It can be a very fast pace environment, causing time to go by fast

ConsHorrible pay structure
    Horrible upper management
    Excessive Micro Management
    Rude Customers
    Bad Customer Service
    No upper mobility

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!