Responsys

Updated 16 November 2014
3.8

Responsys CEO Dan Springer
Dan Springer

Pros
  • The work life balance is also something that is good as well; the managers encourage that work stays at work (in 10 reviews)

• Get to work with some good people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing fast and sometimes systems/information management, etc (in 3 reviews)

• I see staff here work hard and generally there is no opportunity to grow (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Wonderful place to work, that is growing and profitable

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

lots of opportunity for growth within the company. My voice is heard to be able to influence change. we have the best employees in the world.

Cons

We need to keep hiring ahead of the curve.

Could be worse, but could be better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Responsys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Downtown SF location is perfect, and Responsys really knows how to hire nice, hard-working and innovative people. For the most part, the team I work with is awesome. Good benefits, that continue to get even better.

Cons

Compensation leaves something to be desired. Salaries really need to be well negotiated up front, because any raises after initial hiring will be the bare minimum. Some promotions are in "title only". Responsys is a growing company, and hires a lot of senior level people, which can leave its current employees feeling passed over. Work/Life balance can be out of whack, and salaried employees who consistently work more than 40 hours per week, are not always acknowledged for their hard work.

Keep up the good work on growing a great company, but don't forget about your longtime employees.

We're a force to be reckoned with!

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Responsys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Greatest office culture ever where ambitious results are always rewarded. Responsys is still growing and beating all the competition with our superior product and excellent service.

Lots of folks leaving other companies because the hours aren't long and the workload is manageable. New School Marketing works.

Revenue is always growing and everyone is trying to join us because we love profit! Many will apply but very few will get accepted. Only the best can be part of our success story.

Cons

We need more team building after office hours to keep up the momentum. Most of all, the wonderful reviews here are all real unlike many from our competitors (who are usually pressured by HQ to write good reviews).

Stay the course because we are winning the future!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Responsys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Collaboration, teamwork, accountability, flexibility, fun, smartest people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Some growing pains due to rapid industry growth

keep hiring great talent

Good energy, good support from upper management

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Responsys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary, decent hours, decent office environment, good coworkers, awesome upper management, really good benefits, snacks, CEO seems to genuinely care if people are happy at his company.

Cons

Small number of women in leadership, overworked campaign/QA/production staff, low number of perks for an SF tech company.

Focus on hiring for anticipated new business, throw in a couple of fun quirky perks, standardize processes across accounts.

Growing company, good people, lots of potential

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

Some very good people here. Good general benefits, and pay, not the highest, not the lowest. Willing to change things to make them better. Good growth potential within the company. Solid exec mgmt team. Lots of potential overall.

Cons

Could increase or add additional benefits to attract more talent. Slow to hire to remain ahead of the curve so there can be lots of long days/nights.

Ensure comp plans, benefits, and added bonuses are aligned to ensure you keep top talent and can attract more top talent.

Overworked Employees. No Growth Opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Responsys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Really nice coworkers that make it hard to leave behind.

Cons

VERY over worked employees. High level of dissatisfaction amongst employees. No growth opportunities. Company takes revenue and stock holders over employee happiness. High turn over in employees.

Laid back work environment filled with many talented and hard working individuals

I have been working at Responsys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Colleagues are very knowledgeable in their medium and can always teach me something new
    -Some opportunity for growth
    -It's a fast growing company but it still feels small (which is a plus in my opinion)

Cons

-Benefits package could be better
    -Lower than average salary

Stay up to date on what benefits other tech companies are offering to their employees

Interesting projects, good work/life balance

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA (US)

I worked at Responsys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good work/life balance, people are very friendly and willing to help, offices in great cities around the world.

Cons

mngt needs to share info about upcoming product changes

remember that ideas can come from worker bees as well as managers

Amazing internship with great people and a lot of growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Sales Enablement Intern in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Enablement Intern in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Responsys as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Responsys has a great company culture. Everyone is very friendly, outgoing, open, and interested in helping you learn as much as you can during your time here. Responsys truly works to have everyone succeed as a team. There are a lot of growth opportunities and the work you do as an intern is useful and appreciated. I have learned a lot about the industry and business through talking with other employees about their experience prior to and at Responsys. Through this internship I was able to attend the BootCamp trainings for new hires. This was an amazing experience because not only was I able to gain a deep understanding of Responsys but I was also able to connect with more people throughout the company worldwide and gain serious real world experience of what a job like this would entail. This is a great internship because you are able to dive deep into your specific job, while also constantly learning about other aspects of the company.

Cons

The commute from the south bay is long, but definitely worth it to work in the city and at Responsys.

Responsys Photos