Revlon

www.revlon.com

Revlon Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Revlon – Las Piñas – “Revlon cosmetics sm southmall”

Revlon – Las Piñas – “Revlon cosmetics sm southmall”

Not yet rated.

Lorenzo Delpani

Collaboration, more like Isolation

FPA Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Pros- The pay is competitive compared to other similar firms.
    - They try to work to provide employees with a work-life balance.
    - International company with a strong brand.

Cons- Most of the work provided is mundane and repetitive. There is no real innovation at the company. Known to be a status quo company.
    - Employee advancement is ridiculously limited. I met employees who have worked for the company for 35 years are still Senior Analyst and have not been provided the opportunity to move up within the firm.
    - The company has a strategy of working separately and then throwing the separate parts together to create the product. There is not much collaboration between the departments in the company to create more innovative ideas to help grow the company.
    - Honestly, I hear employees spend more time complaining about working for the company than actually doing work for the company. It's the saddest form of productivity ineffectiveness I have ever seen.
    - Management is good at selling the company and its positions, but the pitch is a lot stronger than what they have to actually offer. A company with a brand this strong cant crack the Fortune 1000, there is a reason for that. Not where you want to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementGroom and grow. Stop picking people from other companies that have no idea about your product and strategies. Also pay closer attention to your current employees and reevaluate their effectiveness and cut the fat. Get younger, and innovate. Stop being status quo. Don't believe me look at their financials for the last 5 years, always between 1.0-1.3B

Used to be a lot of opportunity in field sales,, now not so much

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany with a well known name and reputation as leader in the industry

ConsLess opportunities for advancement now.

Long history of decline - hope it's improved since I've left, as they have great brands.

Product Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsBeauty category is a fun space, when you get to spend time on the brand, marketing and new product innovation. There are some great individual people there, if you look.

ConsWhile I was there, it seemed management would always operate with tied hands, answering to majority shareholder who lacks ability to manage the company. We spent too much time on non-value added tasks, nothing to do with marketing, brands, or consumer - e.g. reformatting spreadsheets based on who's in charge that day.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in experienced brand marketers with success running and turning around businesses - and let them do what they do best. Hold on to the best talent by keeping them happy and creating a positive, open culture.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is not who you know, but who you #$#@

Unit Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThey give some a chance to grow from within

ConsYou must be a player to stay, golf, parties, and other things. It is not enough to put in long hours, but you must play after work with the higher ups if you want to stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop allowing your directors to treat supervisors as thought they were complete idiots. I had one director admit he had threatened an employee. When it was brought tot he attention to upper management it was denied and dropped.

Overall good experience

Research Intern (Former Employee) City of London, England (UK)

ProsThe company culture and emphasis on work-life balance was great.

ConsHigh turnover at the company.

Great

Recruiter (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsLean, flat organization with a collaborative environment that focuses on grooming its people

ConsAs with any company each personal experience is different and some employees may have individual downsides of working at the Company, but on the whole working at Revlon is an enjoyable experience.

Fair employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsMany long term employees who care about the business.
    Opportunities are there if you work hard and are focused..

ConsThe market category is volatile; when the company prospers employees do; when the economy is flat, that is when changes are made. Basic business principals followed.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your your biggest assets --- your employees

It was challenging and a blessing,I've learn a lot from this company.

Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) Small-Sugod (Philippines)

ProsWorking there is not very hard. They give you quality training to be able to handle every situation you're going thru.

ConsHoneslty no bad comments. The only downside maybe would be is choosing between your first priority when emergency happens like example family emergencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementI cant come up with an advise for the particular company, I thinks the business itself does eveything very well

Tough place to work

Marketing Director (Current Employee)

ProsVery smart people, good salary and benefits

ConsLong hours, very egotistical people, lots of politics

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with respect

Great learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThe people here were generally very nice and very smart. They were happy to teach you whatever they knew The standards for job competency are high and you will be forced to develop excellent technical skills if you want to keep yours. The products are very nice and amazingly creative considering that they do not have alot of money to invest in the business. If you are not a hard worker you will be unhappy here; this is not a place where you can coast and maintain an under the radar existence.

ConsFinancially shaky
    No hesitancy in firing people; somewhat brutal in that respect
    Could be better about disciplining problem managers - they are more concerned about performance here, sometimes don't care enough about employee morale or satisfaction

Advice to Senior ManagementHistorical hires are fired too readily whenever they bring in a new management team, and then a few years later that management team is thrown out and the whole process begins again. Maybe it would be good to question new management who wants to come in and fire everyone and bring in their own people.

Worked for Revlon? Contribute to the Community!