Rexam

Rexam CEO Graham Chipchase

Graham Chipchase

A multifaceted organization...

I worked at Rexam full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are nice people in all areas of the organization and interesting products being produced. A global organization that offers the chance to interact in different languages and with various cultures.

ConsCareer opportunities can be limited if you are not interested in moving to other areas/ locations, as the there are not too many positions in a given area due to automation and slim staffing. Constructive criticism on your performance is never direct and requires you to read into the feedback you receive.

Advice to Senior ManagementTimely communication on work performance and clear direction, as to how the individual can provide additional value to the organization, would assist in employee retention.

Unhappy place to be

I worked at Rexam

Prosgreat environment and good people

Conslack of integrity on the part of managers and up

Advice to Senior ManagementTell employees the truth the first time. When they find it out after the fact, and have been mislead, all faith is lost

Do your research before you sign up

London, England (UK)

I worked at Rexam full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRexam are highly professional in can making with some world class engineering and focus on LEAN Six Sigma which makes them extremely productive and gives the opportunity to develop leading edge experience in these fields.
The workforce in beverage can plants are well paid with above market fringe benefits resulting in low turnover, but with an ageing demographic

ConsThe corporate PLC Headquarters in Millbank London is a different story. It has been a revolving door over the last six years with initiatives such as 'Rexam Way' and the buildup of the Plastics Sector stopping suddenly, going into reverse and disbanding. So if you're joining as part of a new initiative then beware that you are not just flavour of the month- check for long term commitment

Advice to Senior ManagementThere aren't many British manufacturers left - we understand the challenging environment. CEO and CFO seemed to have a problem trusting their senior team and this filtered through the leadership

Good experience as an Engineering Intern

Tooling Engineer Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Rexam as an intern for less than a year

ProsEasy to get along with most of their employees. Corporate setting, overall its a good company.

ConsIt was their first year having an Internship program so they were did not had predetermined projects, but they did assigned them along my stay at Rexam.

Stay for the pay

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Rexam full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat pay & bonus structure.

ConsPoor benefits for salaried employees. Cronyism is rampant. People are told they are denied promotion because they are too valuable in current positions. Policies are applied haphazardly.

Rexam has a family oriented atmosphere.

Warehouse (Former Employee)
Anderson, SC (US)

I worked at Rexam full-time for more than a year

ProsThe management and office staff are very knowledgable and helpful. They all work together as a team.

ConsThey have not followed company policies with all employees. Favoritism has been shown in certain departments and managers. Hard to get an advancement to move up the company ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not show favoritism.

You are not the only who got screwed

I worked at Rexam full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe roof don't leak and the parking lot is nice.

ConsThey are full of crap with their, we care about employees bull.
They will fire your butt for speaking up. They want silent slaves.
The hire the guy with the biggest line of crap to lead and he fires
anyone who has a different view.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all the bullys, get rid of the one full of themselves.

It was a much better company before it was acquired by Rexam.

Buffalo Grove, IL (US)

I have been working at Rexam

ProsChallenging, some very talented people work at Rexam in BG. The facility is very nice and the equipment is state of the art.

ConsBottom line driven, do not really care about the employees, just a front for business as usual. Revolving door and high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefine the diamond you have and stop growing through acquisition. The potential of the existing assets are incredible. Figure out what to do with them.

Has good corporate governance

I worked at Rexam

ProsHas good work balance, reasonable benefit. Top management has regular meeting with the employee and good committee on safety work environment.

ConsBusiness units are sold off or close down during the crisis. Consolidation and sustainability issue should has been analyses better to prevent it. Company has quite a bit of debt.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the good work. Overall good management. Could create more identity for all sites instead of only a few site in Europe and Latin America.

Rewarding, innovative and a good place to learn from top people in the field

Design Engineer (Former Employee)
Buffalo Grove, IL (US)

I worked at Rexam

ProsHigh quality products, no shortcuts taken to achieve excellence, personal growth

Consworkload fluxuates, especially if hourly. Can get so far up then becomes stagnent

Worked for Rexam? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rexam reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Rexam CEO Graham Chipchase. All 13 reviews are posted anonymously by Rexam employees.