Rite Aid

Rite Aid Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley

John T. Standley

Pros
  • good pay compared to the other big chains, good computer system and interface(in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, if you work at a union store, flexible hours(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is determined to turn a profit at whatever costs(in 68 reviews)

• resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else(in 28 reviews)

Typical retail chain pharmacy

Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ (US)

ProsWas a pharmacy intern during pharmacy school. I had the opportunity to learn about community pharmacy and how a pharmacy is operated. Gave me a foundation for my future. Pay was comparable to other chain pharmacies.

ConsNot as innovative as competitors. The work environment really depends on the store and who your associates are.

Great

Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) Bristol, PA (US)

ProsRite Aid offer a great health insurance and also 401 retirement and stock option.

Consthe salaries are all over the place.

you must work very hard,especially on weekend,has no tech, you must handle by yourself every thing.

Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) East Hemet, CA (US)

Prosgood pay for overtime.They don't mind that you get mistake punch in early for 1-2 minutes

Cons12 hours long shift make you very easy get wrong drug,wrong typing mistake ,not only you but,tech has a lot of mistakes which you have to watch all the times. be careful work in Rite Aid.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Less than exciting.

Floor Clerk (Former Employee) Hood River, OR (US)

ProsExperience in retail.
    Friendly atmosphere.
    Discounts on products.

ConsOutdated technology
    Bad management
    Not flexible hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess video training and more hands-on.

Rite Aid is a wonderful company to work for and cares about their associates!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Augusta, GA (US)

ProsGood pay and great hours!

ConsKeeping up with the demand of merchandise.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate tasks more proficientally.

Best company to work for

Store Manager (Current Employee) Albany, NY (US)

ProsGreat company to work for with great benefits

ConsMinimal payroll to manage store

Advice to Senior ManagementPend more time in the store to experience some of daily obstacle that store managers have to encounter

Good place, but will work u to death

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsGood place to work and if your lucky you'll get a good team to work with.

ConsMangers are distant from lower level prob or just don't care. Some Arrogance from coworkers and seniors

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the worker bee , they'll make you more honey.

So far so good! Great Company

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Oradell, NJ (US)

ProsI went to a job fair and sat with whom was my now manager and spoke with him for 45 minutes and then sat with my DM for another 45 minutes. He said I would hear back by next week either way, I got the call the very next day I had the job!

ConsIt's retail. If you don't like retail then this isn't the job for you.

Stressful, yet fun to work there.

Rite Aid Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) Kings Park, NY (US)

ProsMany available hrs, good people, good experience, fun, flexible hrs, worked well with my school schedule, appreciated good/hard work.

ConsOn your feet a lot, slow raises, always busy, some grumpy workers (but where are there not?), short breaks.

Advice to Senior ManagementFull one-hour lunch breaks and increased employee discounts would make employees happier.

Improving for the future

Pharmacist (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY (US)

ProsCompany is adding more clinical services to expand the pharmacist's role.

ConsCompany cut payroll so more work is expected with less tech help.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide tech training so pharmacists can focus on the clinical needs of their customers.

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!