Rite Aid

Rite Aid Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley

John T. Standley

Pros:
  • "Good pay, nice policies, Decent job overall"
    in 28 reviews
  • "Great benefits, if you work at a union store, flexible hours"
    in 26 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work a lot of hours with no upper management appreciation"
    in 59 reviews
  • "resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else"
    in 25 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Company

HBC Disitrict Team Leader (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Rite Aid full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible hours, paid bonus, great staff

ConsNeed better pay for regular associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job

It's nothing personal

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than a year

ProsAt the store level there is a strong sense of community. If you are in one of the stores that is contracted with 1199SEIU the benefits are great.

ConsLow pay, corporate is constantly cutting hours for store managers while increasing expectations. Everything is a number, corporate doesn't care about anything but quantifiable data which often fails to represent the actual quality of the work being done by employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit stores more often, do away with wellness ambassadors.

Good job

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time

ProsFace to face customer contact

ConsPicky customers that think they know your job

Positive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rite Aid

ProsRite offers a great benefits package

ConsPay should be higher

its a great company for development

Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee)
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I worked at Rite Aid full-time for less than a year

Prosits a very nice environment to work,great learning experience and its good place to start a career .

ConsGood working conditions,some nice customers and others might be worst

Not a bad starting place.

Wellness Ambassador (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits, if you work at a union store, flexible hours

ConsRaises don't really happen to often and upper management doesn't always understand why things aren't done when they cut the hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with the employees not against them and recognize employees when they do well not just when they are failing at unrealistic goals.

Good job. Reasonable pay

Cashier (Former Employee)
Orono, ME (US)

I worked at Rite Aid part-time for less than a year

ProsFlexible hours, suitable for students. Good working atmosphere, no previous experience required, guaranteed hours. Good location, employee discount. Excellent training.

ConsNot very dynamic job. Uniforms required but not provided by the employer. When it is busy there is not enough staff which puts pressure on the few employees serving customers.

Great Stepping Stone

Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee)
Hampton, VA (US)

I have been working at Rite Aid as an intern for more than 5 years

ProsCan be a great place to start your career. Lots of opportunity to learn if you open up your mouth and ask. Ask repeatedly. Learned the business and the drugs before I started pharmacy school and am more confident than my counterparts with that working information. Fair pay. Flexible with hours around class/extracurricular activities. Love the company's new direction and its emphasis on WELLNESS instead of SICKNESS. Very forward thinking.

ConsThe technician training program as well as the Pharmacy intern program need to be better developed. While the materials are available (books, binders, CBTs etc) there is little time or effort put into employee development. As a student who will one day be a pharmacist (hopefully at Rite Aid if they play their cards right) it makes sense to invest in what may be the company's future. I was told they would not pay for my immunization class because they couldn't be sure I'd stay with the company. Great vote of confidence....

Advice to Senior ManagementLet them see you. Had the opportunity to speak with Mr. Martendale (president/COO) and from that conversation, the mission and objectives of where the company was headed became so clear because it was undiluted from the source. That message gets lost as it trickles down from corporate to the field. Mr. Standley doing a great job turning the company around.

Money what is that ?

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Arlington, WA (US)

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI really love the people I work with but other than that They have no real redeeming qualities to speak about.

ConsWhen I was hired at Rite Aid I was hired as a supervisor. I made my way to 13.70 an hour. I was promoted to assistant and was paid salary. Something happened and they made all assistants hourly when I did they brought my pay to 12.39 per hour and made me work 5 hrs overtime per week to make up for me getting paid less. 3 years later I am finally making what I made as a supervisor.

I have a family and it was really hard to support them with that pay. I had asked hr multiple times for a raise but nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease pay people better you have lives in your hands

Pharmacy Tech in NJ

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time for less than a year

ProsCo workers are nice. I like the pharmacists I work with in my store. Training was decent and procedures are better than the last pharmacy I worked for. I like what I do.

ConsMy store's hours have been cut. Was told I would be scheduled for 30+ per week and now I am lucky to get 20. That's why I left my former employer, where I was perfectly happy and protected by a union. Even if hours were as promised, not sure what kind of career path I could have.

Advice to Senior ManagementPolicy of not allowing pharmacy techs to work in other companies' pharmacy departments is just plain wrong. If I can't be scheduled for meaningful hours, how am I supposed to survive if I can't work any place else doing what I do -- pharmacy tech?

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rite Aid reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Rite Aid CEO John T. Standley. All 721 reviews are posted anonymously by Rite Aid employees.