Rite Aid

Rite Aid Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley

John T. Standley

Pros
  • good pay compared to the other big chains, good computer system and interface(in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, if you work at a union store, flexible hours(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is determined to turn a profit at whatever costs(in 68 reviews)

• resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else(in 28 reviews)

Great upside

Prosno longer a turnaround company; In growth mode. Many positive changes at all levels forseen in the next 5-10 years

Consfor individuals that are not accustomed to personal ownership or a lot of change, this may not be for you

Retail management grind

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCompany will recognize hard work and promote accordingly. It's hard, physical work (as is retail store management in low-volume stores) but if you're up for the task, it could be for you. They also place a heavy value on customer service (and really mean it), so despite feeling behind in the retail pharmacy chain competition, it would appear as though company is gaining its footing.

Conslow pay, long hours, longer path to promotion (have to run larger stores with more volume before being considered for district/regional leadership).

Good job for anyone

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

Prosgood relations, Environment was great, Straight foward job

ConsUpper management treats GM and regular employees like crap. Low pay. too much work and frustration during the holiday season

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to deal with regular employees with kind respect, better health benefits, less hassle during seasonal planning

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Enough Place to Work

Pharmacy Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay is fine and I worked with some very nice people.

ConsThere was limited upward mobility.

Top notch pharmacy services

Pharmacist (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsFlexibility schedule and locations with great ancillary staff, excellent computer system, very efficient filling and dispensing procedures

ConsSome locations very high volume and congestion without enough staffing to manage the flow. Sometimes robot dispenser gets jammed and stops production and prescriptions need to filled manually.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaffing needs to be adequate for volume of location.

I was pleased to work at Rite Aid and was treated well by management.

Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Brandenburg, KY (US)

ProsYou have a good working relationship with the pharmacist and the other techs. The pay and benefits are comparable or better than any of the other pharmacies in town. Rite Aid has a respected reputation and has weathered challenges while coming out ahead. They train you well with intensive training that will help you pass the CPhT exam.

ConsIt is difficult to get increases in compensation. Although you are audited once every year, I only received one raise in the three years I worked there. Granted, it was a substantial raise (about 40%), it took three years to get it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more consistent in your hiring and retention of talent. Give head pharmacists training in how to determine who to hire and give them some leeway in providing incentive for retention. Find a way to decrease the work hours for pharmacists, or, make sure there are reasonable breaks provided.

supervisor

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) West Sacramento, CA (US)

Prosgreat while going to school

Conseverything besides what i said

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to people below you

Nice

ProsIt is good and fun and clean and responsible and they teach very well and hours are good to work. I like it

ConsI dont know it is busy and some people are no nice and some are mean and it drives far away and not always open and don't sell everything

Advice to Senior ManagementMey

Shift Supervisor

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsStaying busy...there are plenty of tasks, plenty of customers to help, to keep you busy from the time you walk in until you walk out at the end of your shift. The "customer service" atmosphere is like no other...greet, engage and thank...every associate knows that the customer is priority, above all else!

ConsUsually run a "two person" shift, Manager and Associate, when busy it becomes difficult and stressful at times. New policy where we ask everyone for their ID (identification to buy cigarettes or alcohol). Regardless of age, 18 - 118, you need to ask, it upsets some customers, some even walk out, so you have to know how to handle that, not as easy as it sounds.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be 2 associates and 1 management per shift during busy hours. (for example: 2 open, another associate would come on duty at 11 am until 6 pm to help provide the customer service the company policy and procedures reflect we provide). New ID policy is causing more problems than it is worth. Our senior customer base do not understand nor like this policy, it is causing stores to lose sales and customers

Pretty good

Pharmacist Manager (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC (US)

ProsPay and benefits and schedule

ConsNot enough help to do what they want

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!