Rite Aid Reviews

Updated 15 September 2014
2.8

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley
John T. Standley

Pros
  • good pay compared to the other big chains, good computer system and interface (in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, if you work at a union store, flexible hours (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is determined to turn a profit at whatever costs (in 68 reviews)

• resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

Good part-time job

Former Employee - Cashier/Stock  in  Douglassville, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier/Stock in Douglassville, PA (US)

I worked at Rite Aid part-time for more than a year

Pros

schedule flexibility, always busy, nice coworkers

Cons

personal growth, sometimes under staffed

Management needs work

Current Employee - Asset Protection Agent  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Asset Protection Agent in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for less than a year

Pros

the 40 hours
    time are regular shifts

Cons

sick days are very limited

Decent place to work.

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Rite Aid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid job, nice personnel, and fun place to work (sometimes)

Cons

Constantly on-your-feet. Shift Supervisors perform the work of store managers, but get paid half as much.

Listen to employees more often

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  Monson, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Monson, MA (US)

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here are a real team and it is both challenging, changing and a good learning experience.

Cons

Nothing. Our benefits are good and if anything the training could be improved but is sufficient.

Great place to work

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, friendly staff, 20% employee discount, there are many opportunities to advance within the company, and there are many opportunities to help people.

Cons

No standards, no respect among employees. For the amount to work you do, you are not compensated enough. There is a high turnover as a result of all this so training isn't consistent.

Keep employees happy by allotting a fair number of staff hours to adequately complete tasks.

OK TO WORK WITH

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I worked at Rite Aid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supervisor can work with you around your schedule if you are a students

Cons

The pay never goes anywhere

I liked working here, except the pay wasn't worth the workload due to under staff.

Current Employee - Cashier/Stock  in  Astoria, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier/Stock in Astoria, NY (US)

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for less than a year

Pros

I liked it for most part, especially since I was able to work the night shift as I had school during the morning. The customers were mostly pleasing except for that one customer you get here and there. I was a sales associate and a cashier sometimes due to under staff. Unloading the totes was easy and basic, so were the registers.

Cons

Due to it being under staff, I got the glimpse of both, when it was fully staffed and when it wasn't. Carrying heavy boxes from the basement to the ground floor was pretty harsh. We would be around four workers in total during the night shift, when there used to be around 8, as it tends to get busy at night as well. I was told I needed to clean the bathrooms, and the office where the managers stayed. It was clear that I wasn't going to do it, and some of the morning staff and as well as night staff have a stingy attitude.

As far as I'm concerned, most of the night shift managers were pretty easy going. There are times that they would walk in with an attitude (we all have bad days, especially since we were all students). As for the morning shift managers, they would always come in late and with a nasty attitude, demanding the night shift to do what they wanted when it was obvious our shifts were over.

review

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

ok pay, nice schedule, pdm is nice

Cons

lack of help, constantly changing policies

Ok company

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

Great benefits for full time employees

Cons

I know part time employees may not get enough hours.

Non

Really depends on the people.

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor/Wellness Ambassador
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor/Wellness Ambassador

I worked at Rite Aid full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I had worked in two different stores in two different states over the course of 7.5 years. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!! This can be a wonderful place to work and a fun job with the right people and good district management. In the good store, we took what little Rite Aid gave us and made the most of it, turned our RAPTAR parties from sad little pizzas or boxes of donuts and turned them into some pretty awesome potluck parties in the back room. It's all about who you work with that makes the job suck or rock.... We got slammed with tons of work and resets and rules and regs but we worked and played on through it. We also had a pretty awesome district team that listened to us, respected opinions and actually worked with us to create positive changes in our store.

Cons

Onto the not so fun store..... There was sadly an "us and them" attitude between the pharmacy and the front of the store and it just put a black cloud over the whole place.... There was constant bickering and exclusionary behavior. Tons of "that's not my job" kind of stuff and absolutely no help from district management. If a problem was brought to their attention either the wrong person was attacked or you would get an "I'll get back to you with an answer on that" and the answer would never come. You were constantly yelled at or talked down to by the district manager, he rarely had anything positive to say. It's like that say, that stuff rolls downhill, DM yells at SM, they in turn yell at the shifts who go kick the cashiers and we all know who the cashiers have to take it out on..... Customer service struggled.

Treat your employees like people, not numbers. Listen to them, work with them, stop trying so hard to tow the corporate line. These two above examples should kind of show you, if there's problems, fix them, if they can't be fixed, shuffle people around if need be to get the best fits.... The right group together can achieve some amazing results. The pro store I listed was more like a mom and pop, tiny little place in a residential neighborhood, our sales were higher than the con store I mentioned that was five times the size and in a high traffic retail heavy area.

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!