Rite Aid

Updated 25 November 2014
2.7

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley
John T. Standley

Pros
  • Flexible hours,like you got anywhere from 300-450 hours as an intern, pretty flexible (in 33 reviews)

• good pay compared to the other big chains, good computer system and interface (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not understand what is happening at store level or seem to care (in 82 reviews)

• resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

Upper management sucks

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Learn some experience
    Simple job/tasks as long as you have the correct management on the store level to guide you
    Easy to advance up the ladder

Cons

Upper management, store manager's boss, doesn't provide enough hours to achieve the necessary things that need to be done.
    The company values the customer but doesn't give the means to help them the best they could.
    Asks for more done that hours given to do them

In regards to the pharmacy, allocate more hours to the stores that have a higher volume. Don't do the bare minimum to get the store by.
    They need a reality check in what they're asking compared to the number of hours they give to complete it.

Assistant manager

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

Hours, medical, benefits, hours, change

Cons

Management movement
    More hours
    Management

More hours

Wonderful Benefits. Morale is poor.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in North Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in North Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Insurance and Rx coverage is amazing. I enjoy that variety of tasks to do & not being stuck behind a desk for 8 hours a day.

Cons

Where do I start? Store manager expects cashiers to do tasks that only shift supervisors (and up) are supposed to do (ie. freshness/out of date report, ordering, cycle counts). I left CVS in 2004 (for an office job). I made $10/hr at the time at CVS. The company I went to work for was sold and I lost my job...went to work for Riteaid (3 weeks later). HR told me I'd be making $11-$13/hr on the lower end of the management scale (I made around $20/hr with my salary plus commission at the prior office job). NOPE, the store manager said that most he could start me out was $9.75. 3 years later, I make around $10.15/hr. My raise doesn't even cover the yearly increase of health insurance.
    Our manager was suspended for a week for sexual harassment, cussing at employees, calling people fat & stupid & creating a hostile work environment. The company hired a lawyer and she met with most of the employees. It was SUPPOSED to be confidential. Well, he let it be known that he knew everything that was said and who said what. It's disturbing that the lower level employees (cashiers and shift supervisors) were betrayed by a dept that is supposed to protect us. Our store is smack dab in a drug infested area and our asset protection representative hasn't been there in over a month.
    Breaks: We are required to take a 30 minutes lunch break when we work 6 hours or more. The non-smokers sometimes will take short breaks sitting in the office for a few minutes....however, if you smoke, you can't go out for 5 minutes for a quick smoke. What's the difference between sitting in the office on the phone for 10 minutes or more on a non work related matter and someone taking a 5 minute smoke break? It's falls under the guidelines of discrimination if you ask me.
    I've had to leave a certain time (that I was scheduled to get off) before & my relief (the store manager) was over 30 minutes late and didn't even give me the courtesy to let me know he was going to be late. YET HE WRITES PEOPLE UP FOR BEING LATE. Very hypocritical.

Other than the joke of the RAPTAR program, give us more positive feedback. Have employee appreciate day(s) where we get 30% off on pay day or the day after... Also, it would be nice to give us a $3-$5 allowance for employees to get a soda/water and a snack. A lot of fast food companies allow their employees one free meal/shift they work. I know rite aid has to have more money in their budget (that fast food companies) to do something like this.

customer service, personal helper, knowledge

I worked at Rite Aid full-time

Pros

good teamwork, personal growth, benefits, culture,

Cons

cutting hours, perks, compensation , need improvement

Had >30yrs at compnay in various roles

Former Employee - Multi-Unit Management
    Former Employee - Multi-Unit Management

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large company with ability to advance
    Offered many levels of challenge
    Good work-life balance
    Aggressive in changing to stay current, especially with healthcare focus

Cons

Recent management changes in corporate (last 5yrs) create some inconsistency

Be careful in administration of performance management practices. Leads to over-analyzing and type-setting by those in position to judge performance. Many leaders are abusing their power following 7 box sessions.

Great company to work for!

I worked at Rite Aid

Pros

Good discounts, pay rate was good for a part time position.

Cons

The company was near the hospital so it was VERY busy.

Love the company. Would work here again.

Loved my job more than my company loved me.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL (US)

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great employee relationships in store and among district. Decent work hours. Decent pay.

Cons

Changed structure. Store management job eliminated in some areas

Treat your employees how you'd want to be treated.

it was alright for someone with no previous experience.

Current Employee - Cashier in Lancaster, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Lancaster, CA (US)

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (less than an year)

Pros

it was close by to me

Cons

the people who come can be terrible.

Not bad as a part-time job.

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Generally great people to work with, flexible schedule, good about working around college students schedules

Cons

Short shifts, Management expects a lot of responsibility for pretty much min wage, everyone seems to play the blame game.

Pay more attention to what you expect from your employees compared to what you're willing to pay them, you're completely unreasonable.

good

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

pay is very good and bonuses

Cons

work life balance, team building

na