Rome Research Corporation

Rome Research Corporation Reviews

Updated Feb 05, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good company for a starting technician to gain crucial IP/Satcom systems skills

Network Technician II (Current Employee)
Landstuhl (Germany)

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsChoose your own career path, able to come in as an RF technician and move into IP based systems or enter into more specialized RF equipment.

ConsStatement of Work is not adhered to. Contractors are expected to do work wherever there is a need and upper management enforces this on both the military and civilian side of the job. Differential pay is non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjust Work Statement or increase pay to compensate for additional workload

Honesty

Satellite/Com-Sec Technician (Former Employee)
Fort Ritchie, MD (US)

I worked at Rome Research Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsThere very good at bring you in the door the truth is they may defer from the original agreement.

ConsPay attention to the information that is given verbally and document every conversation and meeting. You are trained and then stripped of you value for skills and hourly wage.

Advice to Senior Managementstick to what the offer that's presented and the employee will not leave listen to the information disturbed and stop replacing employee for inexpensive fresh out the military employee they hold only a quality to get a job not keep one over a long period.

This review is for Rome Europe I have no experience working for Rome in the U.S

ProsGood for entry level technicians without any experience Rome contracts with the U.S government allow employees to operate a wide range of equipment. Also a easy hiring process I have not heard of anyone being rejected for a job with Rome unless a issue was discovered with the applicants security clearance.

ConsHigh Turnover rate of employees and no room for career advancement. Benefits and pay are low compared to the industry norm.

Not bad. Benefits are not that great in my opionion

Field Service Engineer (Current Employee)
Hurst, TX (US)

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking hours flexibility are great

ConsCost of benefits is too high

Good pay....and that is where it stops.

I'll Tell You When I Get Another Job (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation full-time

ProsLike I said; The pay is fair for the location. It's a good place to get your feet wet after the military. Once you learn everything about the site you are better off applying your skills with a company that has the opportunity for advancement.

ConsIt's a union shop with no union presence. The only exception is when the contract is close to expiration. That's when they step up to the plate for more pay. The management here will not have your back when it comes to conflict resolution between a customer or the military. They just fire you. Even if you have evidence in your favor....they fire you. One more thing...the benefits....You are better off buying your own medical insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand up for the people that work for you. They work hard for you....you should work hard for them. Stop the segregation between corporate and contractors. Keep up to date about openings in the corporate office. If a better position opens up tell your employees about it. If you do all of this you might not lose so many talented people.

Pretty weak

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rome Research Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood salary for the area, which has a low cost of living, longer hours/work days mean shorter work weeks.

ConsLack of communication from top to bottom, vicious rumor mill, company lets the Army beat them like a rented mule, company doesn't stand up for it's employees, little to no involvement from the union that you are required to be part of, multiple employees fired for minor or non-offenses, drastic lack of job security/continuity.

Low stress, fair place.

Customer Support Administrator Level II (Current Employee)
Warner Robins, GA (US)

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsJob security, low stress, management trusts you and you won't be micromanaged.

ConsFew advancement opportunities. Could use more training.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide more advancement opportunities.

Frustrating

Electronics Tech II (Current Employee)
San Miguel, CA (US)

ProsGood pay, good work hours.

ConsLack of accountability. Union presence. Unqualified techs. Poor benefits.

Worked for Rome Research Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rome Research Corporation reviews and ratings. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Rome Research Corporation employees.