Ryan, LLC Reviews

242 reviews filtered by
4.0
Ryan, LLC Chairman and CEO G. Brint Ryan
G. Brint Ryan

Pros
  • Work life balance, lucrative bonuses if you get on the right team, client services (in 38 reviews)

• The ability to work from home is a plus, but this also means that you are on call at all times (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Ryan raves about work/life balance but doesn't let everyone take advantage of the myRyan work from home platform (in 8 reviews)

• The commission/bonus structure isn't for the risk-averse (in 9 reviews)

1. Brilliant place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hyderābād
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hyderābād

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Motivating Leaders, Inspiring Vision and achievements, Transparent work culture

Cons

It gets better every day

Advice to Management

With the path designed and being followed by Ryan; it will definitely meet its goals, earlier then expected

2. Fast Growing Company with lots of potential

Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Structure of the company is very conducive to advancement, bonus structure can be very lucrative if you're on a good team. Friendly people, flexible work environment

Cons

Getting on a good team is important, this can be based on the luck of the draw sometimes. Flexible work environment ultimately just makes you more accountable.

Advice to Management

Give credit where it is due and don't let anyone feel like their work went unnoticed, overall it is great so just keep it up.

3. We work lots of hours, but the team environment makes it worth the work.

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

Team environment, younger company, good corporate structure, and we also get all the resources needed to be effective at our jobs.

Cons

The work can be boring and not very challenging at some points.
    Hard to make good bonuses if your team isn't assigned the good projects.

Advice to Management

Management needs to have more one on one time with the lower level employees. It would really help career develpoment.

5. Associate Consultant

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

Ryan has a great flexible work environment.

Cons

Pay is much less than at other firms

6. Look out here we come ! Ryan is growing at an unprecedented rate which makes for a fluid and exciting environment.

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

World class services give us the edge going to market. We are redefining how corp. tax services are provided. We have a completely flexible work environment and is results based on performance toward preset goals. Work life balance is REAL at Ryan. You are accountable to your goals and superior results.

Cons

The rules don't always apply to everyone and there are no bones made about this, it's a fact of life at Ryan. To get to 1 Billion, rules should be applied universally. Generally speaking there is a lower than market starting base salary.

Advice to Management

Account ownership rules need to universally be applied to all principals and service professionals alike and in all markets (including Canada!) Long term Ryan Principals are sitting on dormant prospects which are potentially large clients. This inactivity holds us all back. We are talking multiple years plus that they are sitting on accounts. We should have reasonable guidelines in place. They need to know the clock is ticking on their (in)activity and progress levels. Competition is healthy for everyone.

7. Poor SR Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MYRYAN program
    The CEO of the company has a vision ..

Cons

Poor Leadership
    Underdeveloped staff
    Divided offices between Buckhead and Atlanta

Advice to Management

Develop better leadership skills
    Communicate!!
    People are not tools to step on to get to the TOP!

8. Admin Asst.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company in many ways.

Cons

If you hit the Red line or salary cap for your position, you will never get a raise again. No cost of living, no bonuses, nothing! You can beg and beg for years and I did beg and beg for years. They will not create a position for the Administrative staff to move you out of the red line salary cap. Most Admins do things for the office and not just the team and should be Office Administrators. Stayed at the same salary for years and just couldn't do it anymore. You hear about the "revenue makers' making goo gobs of money. Even though the team admins are supposed to be a part of the revenue benchmark they are not compensated with bonuses even though they work on client projects. You go to firm meetings and hear about how rich everyone else is and they wont change the redline policy for the admin staff. I couldn't stand it anymore. The health insurance is expensive.

Advice to Management

Eliminate your redline policy!

9. Great company with a bright future!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Great exposure to Fortune 500 Companies, Great Growth Perspective

Cons

Can not think of any.

10. Director Sales

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Solid Company, Not going away. National presence. Allows for self directed management. Pay is competitive. Leader in various tax realms.

Cons

Large company requiring most all significant decisions to be decided by a few creating significant bottlenecks company wide. Policy set in place by leadership tends to stifle the progress of the worker bees.

Advice to Management

Distribute decision making abilities further down the food chain giving all employees equal access to success. Empower lower level with decision making power.

11. Top-Heavy, Revenue-Hungry, Going Down

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

There is a relatively flexible work environment, but don't be dooped by recruitin. You're going to have to put in some major hours, especially at the onset. Additionally, the benefits and base pay are pretty good, but not industry leaders by any stretch of the imagination.

Cons

I used to love this company. I was so proud to work here. Now I just feel completely disillusioned about the future. We made it to Fortunes top companies, but I bet it's just a flash in the pan. The company is only focused on revenue. Client satisfaction and leadership are going down the drain. The principal group is a joke. All they care about are selling new projects, not reviewing or teaching. The CEO is a hypocrit. He preaches that we should see clients at least every 6 months, but I'm on some of his active accounts he hasn't visited in years, and not for a lack of trying to get him there. There is a very strong do as I say and not as I do attitude among senior management. Staff is just cranking out projects to try and meet ridiculous benchmarks and screw ups are happening over and over. I don't expect I'll be here much longer, and I don't anticipate I'll work with Ryan after I leave.

Advice to Management

Scratch it and start over. The model doesn't work anymore. The team structure doesn't work anymore. The old dogs sitting on clients and road blocking your bright, enthusiastic principals doesn't work anymore. The BD guys selling projects for the sake of selling (ie. Sales tax reviews for mall kiosks) doesn't work anymore