Ryan, LLC

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Ryan, LLC Chairman and CEO G. Brint Ryan

G. Brint Ryan

Pros
  • Ability to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance (in 37 reviews)

• The MyRyan program creates a flexible work environment that fits your schedule (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Ryan raves about work/life balance but doesn't let everyone take advantage of the myRyan work from home platform (in 8 reviews)

• The commission/bonus structure isn't for the risk-averse (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Ryan LLC

Prosgreat company to work for.

ConsThere are not cons with this company

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Love the Flexibility

Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsBrint Ryan really believes in his company and growth.

ConsIf you do not have a degree, you will not get promoted even with the experience

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to experience rather than a degree.

Fast Paced

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsPotential to earn significant bonuses based upon your position and the service line within which you work. The myRyan program was a big plus, especially for individuals trying to balance work and family responsibilities.

ConsBonus potential depends heavily on the service line and the industry/clients that you are assigned to.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

ProsGreat bonus structure and cultivates entrepreneurial spirit.

ConsCan experience the silo effect and can dampen creativity with burdensome policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease base pay, allow flexibility across practice areas and militate against silos.

The flexibility and innovation at Ryan, LLC are un-paralleled.

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsRyan strives to keep their best talent by offering bonuses, outstanding flexibility and dedicated management.

ConsWe pay for casual Friday, but it goes to charity so it's not too much of a con.

Company who like to apply for accolades(best company to work ...) as way hiding their shortfalls and high turnover.

Manager Or Above (Former Employee)

ProsCompany is getting into the 21st century and providing employees more and better learning courses and various ways to recognize employees. Company is the best as sales and use tax projects an should not veer away from their area of expertise.

ConsLack of competent directors and principals with necessary project management skills in new service lines in the Federal area. Zero work life balance. MyRyan does not exist for most employees and not consistent across the board. Beware of the theory that you were hired because you are the best of the best, you are hired due to high turnover and the service line was desperate to find someone. Complete client deliverables are provided the client 3 to 6 months after a tax filing and ethics does not play a factor in the work product. Being on both the client side and consulting side, I would be wary of using Ryan for anything other than sale and property tax projects. Principals are not in agreement as to the project status reports and the value to the client. High turnover, I was looking for a job two weeks after I started this role and extremely happy I have my work life balance back and do not let Ryan fool you that it is work life success.

Advice to Senior ManagementI cannot provide much advice as I understand many people who have been at Ryan have provided advice but to no avail. The best advice is to focus on your core practice of sales and use tax and let the big boy firms handle the federal services.

Many opportunities for career development, all the tools needed for self-motivated goal oriented professionals

Director (Current Employee)

ProsAbility to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance
    Very successful model in place, all the tools you need to succeed are available

ConsOpportunites to succeed must be sought and created by you - for those that are driven and ready for the challenges, the rewards are immense
    Achieving success is not easy - must be willing to put in extra time and effort at times to succeed

Good company, lot's of potential.

Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsFlexible work environment that allows for work life balance.

ConsProjects (and therefore bonuses) not evenly distributed. If you are on a good team with good projects that the partners distribute to you, then you're set, but if not, you have to find your own clients or be forced to do junk projects with no profit. Also, this is not a CPA firm so it is difficult to get certified if your manager is not a CPA.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance project distribution out better.

Working for a company that has great goals, vision and leadership. Poor insurance options and decent compensation.

Analyst Role (Current Employee)

ProsGreat work-life balance. Lots of PTO and flexibility. Great office location. Very thoughtful Firm Meetings.

ConsInsurance is really pricey out of pocket. It's been difficult to stay satisfied here when other well known companies offer better insurance and compensation. Ryan wants the Best talent but isn't willing to up the ante.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, and try and dialogue on a friendly level once in a while.

Not all divisions of Ryan are a "great place to work"

Manager Or Above (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are in the right division at Ryan, there are opportunities. Ryan provides good service offerings.

ConsMyRyan is great -in theory, but poorly implemented in the division where I worked. Senior management refused to hire the appropriate resources, therefore you had to work until 1-2 am just to keep up. When you did take time off, you were still required to attend client calls, emails, et. Mature women are not embraced in my division.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease walk your talk. Mr. Ryan, if you are truly serious about making your firm a great place to work, then you need to be open to feedback that points out which piece of your business are broken. When people do try to speak up, retaliation occurs.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!