Ryder System

www.ryder.com

Ryder System Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Ryder System – “Ryder Systems”

Ryder System – “Ryder Systems”

Robert E. Sanchez

Pros
  • As a leading-edge Fortune 500 company with expanding global presence, we recognize our employees - our knowledge capital - as our most valuable asset (in 7 reviews)

• The company maintains an excellent good work-life balance for its employees (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is NO real work/life balance and it always feels like big brother is watching (in 10 reviews)

• After my resignation, upper management shunned me (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Ryder Review

ProsWork Atmosphere
    Takes Care of their Employees

ConsSome managers are hard to get along with

Decent Company

Material Follow Up (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

Prossteady pay check, good benifits

Conswork-life balance, no too much room for promtions

Good job hate they lost bid on relay vw parts

Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) Hattiesburg, MS (US)

ProsHealth Insurance and safety,Good Equipment

ConsCompany values,great benefit,office culture,leadership,time-off policies

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was good

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just with any other corporation, large amount of training with no one to do the proper training

Operations Management Trainee (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR (US)

Prosteamwork among the mid management and technicians

Conscorporate staff fails to recognize achievements.

Advice to Senior Managementproper motivation of employees

Operations

ProsFlex time, good pay and benefits

ConsNo communication from upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementShare what's going on with employees

Great opportunity to lay a foundation to grow and develop as a business professional.

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsGreat resume builder and good entry level position. Afforded opportunity to be hands on with the performance of your location. Wonderful people to work with and tenured employees always willing to offer advice and helping hands.

ConsLong stressful days at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to show and emphasize the importance of your employees and how much the success of the company is dependent upon the hard work of great people.

Fairly stable.

Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) Athens, GA (US)

ProsFairly stable. Work atmosphere is nice amongst other workers.

ConsNo advancement. Poor management. Hand to mouth type of projects. Run poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter health insurance is needed. Sick days are needed instead of using vacation days.

MMC Customer Coordinator II

Customer Coordinator II (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsStong company, new department with future growth.
    Average health insurance options available

Cons-Below market hourly rate, poor yearly reviews and below cost of living raises if you lucky.
    -Micro managed no trust in employee's, promotions only within the department no room for advancement.
    -Constant change in customer needs, no proper training more of an learn as you go department.
    -Multiple veterans with the companys best interest in mind, however management fails to fix or resolve major issues with customer relations.
    -Department works on the point system no real interest in value of employee's at lower levels work/ life balance
    -Management has no set times to come in to work come as they please.
    -Hipocrite to policys put in place to include no collaberation amongst other peers.
    -No set job description constant changing task on hand by multiple supervisiors and managers daily to help better supervisors yearly reviews.
    -Outsource of work to other companys representing Ryder logo losing customer relations and business.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace more value in your employees, multiple highly skilled employee doing low end work in this department. Multiple employees are looking for better career advancement outside of ryder.

Decent but corporate stealsthe day.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsConstant hours, steady paycheck. That's about it.

ConsWorking with the shop wasn't efficient and impossible to make things work. Over worked/under paid. Co-workers generally didn't care about your work. Management micro managed and expect way too much of lower employees. Stressful work environment, constant threats of write ups, and no reward. I could keep going. It's roses and nice things at first, but then reality strikes. Was there exactly a year before being fired via fax machine with the only explanation being "poor performance." Thanks for the unemployment checks Ryder.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more interactive with your employees and shoulder some of the burden. Also, stop with the stupid marketing calls. If I need to rent a truck as a customer, I'm not going to forget and all of the sudden remember when Ryder comes a calling.

Not what I expected

IT Consultant (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

Proscant think of one right now except for the matching 401k

Consneed better health care options. every year the medical plan gets worse. higher deductible and fewer options yet the stock price rises. so much for people first?!
    the manager micro manages the team. very feudal management style.
    the team lacks diversity. 90% of the team members are all the same ethnicity.
    salary is quite low compared to industry
    working from home is frowned upon. very backwards approach to work life balance.

Advice to Senior Managementits 2014! adopt more modern policies or you will lose the smart talent and retain the dinosaurs.

Worked for Ryder System? Contribute to the Community!