S&P Capital IQ

S&P Capital IQ Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

S&P Capital IQ President Lou Eccleston

Lou Eccleston

Pros:
  • "Competitive salary, Great work life balance, perks, less pressure"
    in 25 reviews
  • "Strong learning culture, friendly work environment"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management has no interest in investing in employees and assisting in development"
    in 13 reviews
  • "No Learning- After 6 months your learning curve falls and get ready to do the same stuff for the rest of your life"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

no growth, no job satisfaction, no learning, no value of work in Outside market

Technology Quality Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMoney Money Money, Good package, brand name, no work pressure, Good bonus, No dress code, 8 hour shift , 40+ Annual leaves and Cabs...

Cons1) No Growth - you cant expect growth until unless your senior leaves the company and your superior wont go anywhere because she/he is getting lots of money with zero technical knowledge

2) No Learning- After 6 months your learning curve falls and get ready to do the same stuff for the rest of your life..also it become very difficult to switch because of zero development in your skill set

3) Too much politics - Promotions are not on the basis of MERIT.. there is no transparency ..a person with 4 years in job will be a level 2 while a fresher with 2 years in company might be senior just because of stupid policies...

4) work is also not challenging... work become mundane after some time, its like a call center where u spend half of the time in replying to client issues

5) No ONSITE opportunity - US will be a dream for u, only top management goes abroad and for others Webex and video conferencing :P

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is controlled by a bunch of guys and they do whatever they like, too much favoritism by the Managers, if you have good terms with manager then its ok else there is no one to appreciate your work..

Advice will be to bring transparency, give promotions on Merit

Good for fresh graduates. But no point in wasting too much time here.

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat salary package (at least in India)
Fixed timings, good facilities (commuting options available).
Not much work pressure,

Consa) No learning. Senior management has no interest in investing in employees and assisting in development. No training after initial 2 months-4 months.

b) Stunning level of politics. Merit is no longer a consideration. Insecure/Arrogant senior management is more focused on surrounding themselves with mediocre cronies.

c) Massive exodus of talent. Most of the technology team has quit as mentioned by other reviewers. Same trend beginning to appear in research/analytics.

d) Lack of transparency and honesty (a marked change from the pre-2009 times). Management can't stop sending "communications" but these are almost always irrelevant (except for informing about yet another restrucring and/or senior level exit).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are a disgrace. You'd burn the company down just to "manage" the ashes. Stop now.

Great Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Delhi

ProsGood environment, Friendly and helpful Colleagues

Consot easy to shift to others teams

Work is boring but company is not bad

Senior Research Associate (Former Employee)

ProsSalary is good
work culture is good
the company is employee friendly

ConsToo much politics. senior management is not concerned about lower levels. frequent changes in policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake feedback from lower levels seriously. REduce politics.

Good Place to earn money, not so good to learn and develop career

Research Associate II (Current Employee)

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ full-time for less than a year

ProsExcellent pay package (perhaps best in the data analytics industry)
Flexible work timings making life easier
Balanced work atmosphere
helpful and considerate managers
Excellent company policies

ConsNo real developmental possibilities as learning is only limited to proprietary stuff
The experience doesn't add much to the learning curve of an employee
No real challenges in the job roles available at CIQ at different levels

Advice to Senior ManagementNo real advice as overall an excellent place to work and no complaints for the top management

Technology division: Excellent culture, work-life balance and learning

Developer/BA/QA/Database Administrator (Current Employee)
Hyderābād

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTechnology team in Hyderabad division works on critical applications of the company, provides excellent growth for the smart and hard working candidates, and has a great work culture. More than 80% of the employees has come out of college over the years and retained by the company, it won't happen with out proper work life balance, work satisfaction. I'm one of them joined here more than 6 years ago from campus.
Uses latest technology in market.
Have more recent and exciting technologies and careers in Software industry for future like Data science and the company's culture allows you to move around teams/technologies as long as you've necessary technical and analytical skills.
Developed many in house and great technologies, like web crawling, SOLR, Vertica.

ConsYou'll see colleagues from reputed colleges in India, like IITs and IIITs, NITs. People usually get a bit confused about the popularity of the company, because this company not as famous as amazon, microsoft in India, but its parent company is Standard and Poors, MC Grawhills and quite a famous, good corporate company in United states. So you can carry the brand in future if you will work in US and you'll really get all the benefits of corporate company and product based software company culture here.
If you're the person who want to seek onsite opportunities, there are no long term onsite opportunities as of today, 2013 March. You will get chance to work for few months like less than 6 in head quarters, New York, Wall street.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep cranking.

Its really good experience for fresh joiners

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Hyderābād

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCapital IQ has been a great place to work and I have learnt loads and loads of technical stuff here. I can’t forget those days which I spent here where I learnt skills and had a lot of fun as well.

Initial training is given before getting into teams which is very essential and good to have.

Conslearning curve start to flatten by time, flat hierarchy they say but little politics involved, hard to change between teams that have varied work

Unprofessional

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ

ProsNot too much work pressure

Cons- Not a professional environment
- Nothing for employees esp. new
- No learning
- Less leaves

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on work, employees, environment and not on employee login logout time

Satisfactory

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood working environment, supporting managers

ConsNo cons of working in this company

Excellent place to work. Amazing experience

Tech QA (Former Employee)

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time for less than a year

ProsWork life balance, salary, people

ConsLimited vertical growth especially for laterals.

Advice to Senior ManagementSegregate between lateral with skills and freshers.

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!

S&P Capital IQ Videos

S&P Capital IQ – Why Work for Us?

About S&P Capital IQ S&P Capital IQ is the powerful new combination of offerings previously provided by Capital IQ, elements of S&P including Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor, enterprise solutions such as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S&P Capital IQ reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for S&P Capital IQ CEO Lou Eccleston. All 183 reviews are posted anonymously by S&P Capital IQ employees.