S&P Capital IQ

S&P Capital IQ Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

S&P Capital IQ President Lou Eccleston

Lou Eccleston

Pros
  • Competitive salary, Great work life balance, perks, less pressure (in 30 reviews)

• Strong learning culture, friendly work environment (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management has no interest in investing in employees and assisting in development (in 14 reviews)

• No Learning- After 6 months your learning curve falls and get ready to do the same stuff for the rest of your life (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Research Associate

ProsIt is a Pro-woman organization, has flexible hours and competetive pay.

ConsNo cab facility is an issue.

experience

Technology Quality Analyst (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

Proscompensation is good
    benefits are also good

Consgood learning opportunity but after few releases the things go in a repeated fashion, no more shift within the team.

room for innovation is less

Good brand to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsGood remuneration and the association with S&P

ConsGrowth is very slow. Too many levels in the hierarchy and takes many years to reach to sr. analyst/manager level

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's been very good working with Capital IQ.

Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) Hyderābād

ProsOffice environment, colleagues,nature of work is good in Capital IQ.

ConsIt may take long time to reach higher position because of the hierarchy

Advice to Senior Managementshould continue with the good work

No pressure job which requires high level of accuracy yet there's great work life balance.

Research Associate (Current Employee) New Delhi

ProsCompetitive salary, Great work life balance, perks, less pressure

ConsNo analytics, lack of challenge, Less long term growth, Back end job, No client facing

Advice to Senior ManagementTop management is fine lacks inclination towards CSR.

Working for Capital IQ was one of the most enriching experience. I really liked the culture and values of the company

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsGreat Management, Nice people, nice culture and values, the employees are looked after very well and thats the best part about CIQ

ConsEverything was as good as it gets

Quality Work with Work-Life Balance

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

Pros1.Talented people.
    2.Healthy Environment
    3.Freedom & Space in terms of Logic Implementation.
    4.Infrastructure

Cons1.Unawareness & Non-Uniformity of Policies.
    2.Admin Management is not quick & prompt.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are supportive. They value your ideas & give you authority of your tasks.

Senior software engineer @ Capital IQ Hyderabad: This can be a good first job

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsThe work culture is more like a young startup. One has the independence to propose his solutions and implement them after taking feedback. Such Entrepreneurial traits are strongly valued and encouraged.

ConsWithin 1-2 years, one will get a hang of the nature of work and it becomes easy to solve. After 1-2 years, it is difficult to get any challenging work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHands on managers who can jump into work will offer much help to employees compared to those who only know projects at theoretical level. I happened to work with a mix of both and the former ones offered more help in shaping me.

nice work place to do job

Technology Quality Analyst (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

Prosgood working enviornment.people are helpful.managers are also supportable.

Consthere is no any negativity.people are very helpful

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Monotonous and Stagnant!

Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) Hyderābād

ProsThere are good chances to grow in the company up to 2-3 levels, from entry level to a Senior level.
    The management was accommodating.
    Good work life balance.
    Target based role, every thing will be fine as long as you are able to achieve your monthly targets... quantitatively and qualitatively ..

ConsPost the Senior Associate or Analyst level, it is very very tough to get promoted or to move out from this company to any other.

It would take about 3-6 years till you can get another promotion.

The experience from this place is pretty much useless, it is close to impossible to move to another company, unless you have some additional certifications (such as CA, CFA, etc).

There is a certain amount of preference for male employees, when it comes to special projects.

You need to be in the good books of the management to get promotions and leaves accepted, else things could become awful!

Constant change in policies.

Very conservative environment!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease assign projects to all members of the team. Do not selectively assign it to a special group of people.
    There should be more motivational factors

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!