SGS

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Christopher (Chris) Kirk

Pros
  • I now speak and work with other affiliates around the world(in 4 reviews)

• Can learn a lot of different methods/techniques(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonuses are only for upper management level, PTO is vacation only(in 6 reviews)

• No training or career progression offered as promised during initial hiring interview(in 5 reviews)

Good work Timings,Good job profile, less scope of growth, Traditional Management.

Trade Analyst (Former Employee) Vikhroli

ProsWork Timings, One of the Leading MNC in its line of business, Less traveling( walkable distance from Kanjurmarg station).

ConsTraditional Management, less scope of growth, Low Pay, Retainership, Unorganised work, No training and Development initiatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management should adopt dynamic and professional way of approach rather being traditional,
    The growth of employees should be mostly based on performance not based on tenure. The way of working needs to be re-framed so that it is organised. Effective training should be given based on the projects.

in sgs my skill and knowlege is improve

QA/QC Engineer (Current Employee) Ahmedabad

ProsSGS is TPI compny so all time different different work is coming so our skill and knowlege is improve

ConsSGS downside lot of project is working on.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur upper management is very good for empl.

Working with SGS since August 2006

Coordinator (Current Employee) Gāndhīdhām

ProsOpportunity of gaining knowledge and information.

ConsNo getting a satisfactory post/position in organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrompt service to client is required by updating results and other reports quickly, hence good lab chemist, staff and good field staff required or retained.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SGS Is the best co. for everyons future

Operation Executive (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsFor Batter Future Of My career & My Future

ConsThere is no downside for working profession

Advice to Senior ManagementNo Advice From Me to Management

Nice

Calibration Engineer (Former Employee) Ahmedabad

ProsGood Multinational company with best management

Conssome time you have to compromise your social life

Encourage freedom to work and integrity is the top priority

Manager Certification-Food Certification Services (Current Employee) Calcutta

ProsGot exposure to work with global technical team and free hand to improve knowledge

ConsBeing Eurpean company little bit Orthodox in operation

SGS is a Great Company to Work For

Vice President of Business Development (Current Employee)

ProsGlobal opportunities - rewards employees who take initiative. I now speak and work with other affiliates around the world.

ConsLearning to adjust on how a big company makes decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep interviewing and hiring technical staff

Not what I expected at all

Key Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsDecent compensation overall, good bonus (if it was humanly possible to hit the target), good direct manager, good technical direction from mothership

ConsUpper management out of touch with reality, lack of compliance from affiliates and overseas managers, over promising and under delivering, lack of technological resources, lots of manual reporting due to sad technology within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your employees. Sometimes the customer is crazy and not always right. Listen to the situation and help them. Don't leave them out in the cold to defend themselves. Push internally for more technology to be competitive with other labs. Your lack of engagement is embarrassing.

Wide exposure to diverse business, but fragmented structure

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsStrong suite of services for oil & gas, industrial and consumer segments. Lots to learn about market demands of various territories, given worldwide scope of service delivery.

ConsOne of the most decentralized and fragmented corporate culture I've ever seen. That means decisions take a long time, if at all, especially for scope outside the norm. An autonomous decision making structure at employee level would benefit such circumstances, but SGS is quite risk adverse and prefer to manage top-down.

Advice to Senior ManagementSort out the gray area between various business and territorial management. Else loads of resources will waste in shooting shifting internal goalposts.

They tell you how to succeed! Who does that?

Support Staff (Current Employee)

ProsWe are encouraged to connect with our peers across the company. I have been introduced to folks in several countries and can't wait to visit or transfer. Looking at the company as a whole, I believe in the same ideals. We do important stuff around the world. I feel good about what we do and I want others to know too.

ConsA few people are afraid to tell management how to fix things. People ask me, "What is SGS?", everyday. No one knows who we are.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the people closest to the issue to fix it. Be creative on rewarding their input. Sometimes it's not about money. Sometimes people just want more control over their world, and trust you to have their back. Could we get more out to the USA about SGS. I want people to know we are bigger than IBM and been around since forever. Billboards, tv commercials like BASF. Black and orange, black and organge, everywhere please.

Worked for SGS? Contribute to the Community!