SITA

SITA Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

SITA CEO Francesco Violante

Francesco Violante

Pros
  • Multi Cultural, Work/Life balance, Benefits, Vacation package, Good work environment(in 9 reviews)

• Good work environment and flexible hours(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Pockets of dysfunctional senior management that doesn't understand the business(in 7 reviews)

• Upper levels of management make decisions that place hardships on support personnel(in 4 reviews)

SITA provide me the unique opportunity to create and add value through a hands-on learning approach.

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Udaipur, Rajasthan

ProsSITA contribute to the growth and objectives, by way of achieving my own career growth.

ConsMaximun deals with air Transport services only...

good place to work

Senior Developer (Former Employee)

Prosgood work/life balance.
    international travel/training opportunities
    strong domain experience in Air Industry.

ConsNot good at innovation, old style software development mode.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more passionate to embrace innovation.

Good to work with.

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood company to work with.

ConsBetter motivation,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good work-life balance, supportive co-workers

Lead Developer (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsGood compensation and benefits (like RRSP matching, bonus, more than average vacation)

ConsBig company, so it takes time sometimes to get things going, and make decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture your employees, and try to promote their growth.

Rudderless and adrift

ProsAn abundance of online training courses. Good vacation policy. A wonderfully diverse and global staff, making it easy to make friends around the world.

ConsSenior management has little concern for staff, actively and publicly discounting staff concerns. Two day per week telecommuting was discontinued with little regard for increased staff travel costs, environmental concerns, staff stress and convenience. Results? Lower morale, lower productivity, lower management confidence, lower work/ life balance and a higher staff turnover. Senior management has made it clear the decision was final and no feedback from employees would be considered. The brain drain attributed to this asinine decision made with no feedback from HR indicates just how arrogant and uncaring Violante really is. Salaries are stagnant with annual increases of 1-2%.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your ears and listen to the people who want to bring this company back to greatness and respectability. Your customers and staff are not happy.

A company with a long history in the air travel industry, but its identity and culture are yet to evolve.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA challenging place to work if you don't mind being on your toes 24x7. Good room for personal development. The online course material is rich and the staff are encouraged to take advantage of it.

ConsHR is lost between an ever changing company strategy, and their inability to equally look after the wider employee community.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrial and error is not an effective way to run a company that provides critical services to the air travel community. It demoralizes staff and creates an environment of instability. It's time to mix up the leadership team with people focused on company and staff development for the longer term, as much as they're dedicated to their own personal benefits.

Great Company with great colleague to work for

Project Manager (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsMulti cultural and racial colleagues to work with
    Self empower in terms of decision and process
    Great Pay
    Moderate work/life balance
    community work involvement

ConsDue to multi cultural and racial can be a liability due cultural difference
    Like all other companies , politics play important role if you want progression in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease audit project cost after win.

The is GREAT company to work for!

Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsOne of the major Pros for me was the fact that I was constantly learning new forms of technology. After the training period ended, you really hit the ground running which I enjoyed.
    The pay is excellent also.

ConsMajor cons of working at this company are:
    1. The fact that you are NOT going to get promoted. I was there for a VERY, LONG TIME and was basically in the SAME, EXACT SEAT I was when I began. Absolutely NO ROOM for advancement!
    2. Racists. There are stints of racism in upper management making it hard for people of color to move up within the company.
    3. No sense of loyalty to associates. They will run you over the bus about the least little thing. No matter how long you've been with the company 1 year or 50 years, there is no loyalty for NOTHING! Period.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf this company had career, advancement opportunities, it would be an ideal place to work.

Started very good, drag from upper managerment in Geneva eventaully becomes too much to bother with

(Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsSome good people, goegrahical spread of people can be interesting

ConsShort sighted management, dumb politics and petty empire buiding, not open to change
    Geneva head office is a liability, packed with over paid insiders believing they are somehow special, they are not.
    Over dependancy on contractor workers and off-shored resources in some critical areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to staff, get rid of politics in head office, make decision making more transparent, get rid of incumbent insiders

The worst experience of an employer in 32 years of the IT field.

Network and Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsInteresting technology for the aviation industry.

ConsI had a local manager who harassed me trying to get me fired or to simply resign.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to lower level employees.

Worked for SITA? Contribute to the Community!