SITA Reviews

Updated 30 October 2014
Updated 30 October 2014

SITA CEO Francesco Violante
Francesco Violante

Pros
  • Good work environment and flexible hours (in 12 reviews)

• Extremely good work-life balance, good employee benefits as compared to similar companies/industries (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Pockets of dysfunctional senior management that doesn't understand the business (in 9 reviews)

• Upper levels of management make decisions that place hardships on support personnel (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

SITA provide me the unique opportunity to create and add value through a hands-on learning approach.

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Udaipur, Rajasthan
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Udaipur, Rajasthan

I have been working at SITA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SITA contribute to the growth and objectives, by way of achieving my own career growth.

Cons

Maximun deals with air Transport services only...

Great 14 years with SITA learning and going through significant financial development, second to none experience.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Paris (France)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Paris (France)

I worked at SITA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- Good financial package and remuneration
    - Good work environment
    - Leaders in Aeronautic Industry
    - Great Research & Development

Cons

- Micromanagement at highest level (CFO)
    - Spending money and time on new development but not allowing time for stabilisation

- Pay peanuts, get monkeys
    - Allow adequate time for stabilisation
    - Stop micro management and have trust in subordinates

SITA seen from an ex employee perspective

Former Employee - Specialist Si & O in Kempton Park (South Africa)
    Former Employee - Specialist Si & O in Kempton Park (South Africa)

I worked at SITA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits: Medical, pension, leave, performance bonus, individual growth and career development programs are a definite plus point for any employee. Pleasant working environment.

Cons

Personal career growth can be a problem in smaller SITA locations.

Employee rewards program should apply to all staff from all levels, even contractors who are employed by SITA for a number of years.

It's a good experience in Customer support in addition to network and server management.

Current Employee - Network and Field Support Engineer in Beirut (Lebanon)
    Current Employee - Network and Field Support Engineer in Beirut (Lebanon)

I have been working at SITA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's an international company and I am looking forward to progress in this company to have a better career

Cons

The challenges of working here that some of the configurations for servers or routers are centrally managed and we cannot make any changes as they are managed by a remote team.

Too much outsourcing and beauracracy

Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at SITA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Many learning opportunities.
    Benefits and pay are good especially vacation and bonuses.

Cons

Competency and vision is not retained. Many of the best people move on to opportunities elsewhere as they see the corporate trend to outsource as much as possible.

Still remember the people

Former Employee - Account Manager in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Geneva (Switzerland)

I worked at SITA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the most intelligent international and interesting people I have met so far. A lot of people stay so long at SITA because they love the people

Cons

Like any bigger organization - politics. Too little movement at the top and because many of the members of senior management have the advantage of a salary that is exempt from tax.

Hire new fresh calibre

a great place to experience inter company dynamics

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at SITA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

international experience, interesting industry, constant challenge

Cons

short term vision, macro managed, no cooperative spirit,

trust your employees to deliver on long term vision, rather than focus on year to year objectives

Is this company still a good company to work for?

I have been working at SITA full-time

Pros

Salary & benefit is good as a new hire and if you are a top performer in the eyes of the key decision makers.
    Loads of personal time to yourself as your bosses are doing the same.

Cons

PERCEPTION is EVERYTHING. If you are being perceived to do a great job (even when you are really loafing around), you get promotions and good salary so long as you know how to say the right thing to the right people. There is no consequences to the Management when they do the wrong things and yet if you are a junior staff, the same wrong doing might land you in a hot soup, At best, those with authority get commented but over time, things will die down and they continue their sweet life. If you comment about improving the system for the sake of the company, you are either tasked to do the work (which is hard when there is zero or no support from the so-called Leaders) or you are labelled as being negative in your mindset. So, be with the right crowd and you are right even when you do the wrong things.

Top Leaders are out of touch with what's happening below. The second or third layer of management is covering their mistakes and no one seems to know.

NEVER JOIN SITA FINANCE. This is not new. The decision to consolidate the function in a single location, regardless where it is, is a failing decision. That decision had caused so much pain and sufferrings to the colleagues I know, and everyone ends up working for Finance eventually when they failed to make payment to the vendors. We have to help our vendors chase payment! And imagine our salary was shortfall due to bank charges because a stupid decision made to consolidate the use of the bank globally and it's never been discussed or communicated until it happen! We are made to pay for bank charges for the company and it's my salary! While it got resolved much later after many complaints (they never get it), it leave a deep and sour impression with me that they actually make such silly mistakes. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR SALARY IN YOUR BANK!

It was a lot a lot better when we had the regional Accounting team as they owns the local knowledge. If you are applying for a finance job in SITA, think twice. It's fine if you are applying for a very senior role, but if it's a junior role - forget it.

HR IS NOT GOOD. HR can do a better job for the company. Why is the new hire who had less working experience than me gets a higher salary package!!! Those who rejoined the company also get a big increment when they come back for the same position.

Do an analysis of the performance of the second tier management, ie the VPs & Directors of each functions. Deep dive into what they are actually doing in their day job.

Check their expenses claim.
    Check if they come to office each day when they are not travelling for work.

Great colleagues , bad Directors, VPs

Former Employee - Project Manager in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at SITA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent colleagues, friendly and knowledgeable
    Pay is competitive
    Benefits are good

Cons

As others mentioned before, no matter how much work you did or how many years you have been there they can trash you like a tissue paper.

No possibility for advance in career.

You have great people working there, try to keep them

Good for retirement

Current Employee - Sales in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Sales in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at SITA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cons

It's who you know, not what you know - in order to be recognized

Do not put inexperienced managers in people manager roles, simply because they are conveniently there at the right place (level) at the right time (restructuring etc)