SPX

Be The First To
Add Photos

SPX Chairman, President, and CEO Chris Kearney

Chris Kearney

Pros
  • Work-life balance, humility amongst co-workers(in 3 reviews)

• Great benefits and great people(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They manage business with short outlook that only extends to the next quarter(in 5 reviews)

Good learning experience

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Jaipur, Rajasthan

ProsFamily like office culture, good training, they follow healthy work culture mixed with vivid location people around.

ConsSome challenges that one may face will only be the leadership, one has to be confident enough in taking decisions.

Industrial Engineer

ProsGood Company to work for.

ConsThere was not a lot I did not like. I suppose they need better strategic goals for the company

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to the employees more often

It's like a lot of other companies, some things not good while others are fantastic!

Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsWork-life balance, humility amongst co-workers

ConsNot a big "team" environment

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent in communication

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood stable company with good benefits.

ConsToo much focus on month-end numbers.

Beware!

Sales (Former Employee) Bridgton, ME (US)

ProsFreedom on the road for work.

ConsEverything else. Too many reports and micromanagement. The US Market was the main producer for the company but they wanted us to sell in UK way and we lost sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and trust your employees.

All talk

Buyer (Current Employee) Delavan, WI (US)

ProsNice coworkers, bonus structure, low stress, great benefits. Great engineer departments. Put money back into business and clean work environment.

ConsLittle chance to move up, complacency, lack of middle management talent and forward thinking. Do not improve talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve non manager office employees on teams to improve morale and improve business.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

SPX is ok

ProsGood company with good benefits

ConsLittle upward mobility and advancement

A very good workplace a lot of work and a lot to learn

Automation Engineer (Former Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsGood and reliable salary, good allowances, high quality working culture. People can learn how to work in a global multicultural company. Reliable business big market share.

ConsThe usual issues that are present in all public american companies. No promotion only on the sales line, engineering people will be never promoted only if someone leaves the company. They do not invest in persons (training, carrier etc.), they politics is to keep people in dark regarding the plans, only very little information is given to the employees, people don't understand why things happen most of the cases.

Advice to Senior ManagementSPX should use the power of being global and retain talents by moving them around in the world if there is no opportunity at one location. I am sure a lot of people leave SPX because they get no support from the company to step forward. The only area where people can step forward is sales.

Financial Analyst

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsNice Culture; Great Opportunity; Good Employee Development

ConsNothing is bad in my team, enjoy it so far

Depends on which company you work for

Contracts/Legal (Former Employee)

ProsThe interview process was amazingly smooth. The technology was interesting.

ConsExamine carefully which child company you work for within the company-they are not all the same. The company I was with had a small company culture and many of the people who worked there and managed the company were related. This did not promote the kind of culture I wanted to work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is OK to actually define positions within the company-not "everyone does everything"

Worked for SPX? Contribute to the Community!