SYKES

Updated 4 March 2015
2.6

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 28 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • I've never worked in a more horrible call center (in 13 reviews)

• Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

Excellent growth opportunities for leading company

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company truly provides a quality service to its clients and is seen as a leader in the field with growth around every corner. Their Sykes Home segment of the business has so much exciting potential and technological support. The more I learn, the more impressed I become. I personally am working for the best boss I've ever had in my [15yr+] career. I look at places like Discover that put so much emphasis and personality into their quality customer service and i LOVE knowing that I work for a company that makes that kind of thing possible for our impressive list of clients.

As a corporate citizen, SYKES earns high marks with me. They have multiple initiatives for making a difference in peoples' lives both inside and outside the company (corporate Domestic Violence awareness campaigns, Veterans' support, Employee Relief Fund, local sites fundraising for local nonprofits, etc.) They are very LGBT supportive and work hard to create a workplace of true equals.

Cons

Lots of growth means lots of growing pains. Sometimes communication and technology bear the brunt of that. Patience and positive attitude go a long way in bridging those occasional gaps.

Communication is key with change management issues. Engage, engage, engage! :)

Amazing place to work!

Current Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in New Home, TX (US)
    Current Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in New Home, TX (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Its at home.great training program and they make sure you have everything you need to do your job

Cons

You don't get dace to face contact w customers or people. Sometimes it's a little hard to prioritize working verses doing a project around the house. It is a job like any other you have to go to work and do your best.

None.i would say just keep making your employees feel like they make a difference

An organized company

Former Employee - Tech Support Customer Service in Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Tech Support Customer Service in Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Good training. Reasonanle salary. Humane management and really listens to employees. Has a very good performance review process and sets achievable targets.

Cons

Account security is always a matter for the employees. Also, working night shifts really gets you after some time. It's hard to justify a sick leave.

Great!!!!

Current Employee - Commu in Kathleen, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Commu in Kathleen, GA (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love the Flexible schedule.

Cons

Sometimes you will get reassignments.

Excellent! Great employer to work for, I love the company and the organization culture is great.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

The work from home part of the job is great, it allows for a variety of needs to be served while wiring and managing a family.

Cons

None for me. As long as one works there assigned shift, there should be no problems.

They are great!

Great place to work, grow and hone in your skills.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Promotions, leadership opportunities, open to new ideas, care about their employees

Cons

PTO policy could be revamped to have more time off per year quicker.

Most companies of the size of Sykes have a standard 20 days PTO that comes into use after a year and then let 40 hours roll over. Something like this would be great.

Intense

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Colleagues, Work load, Schedule, Development, Oportunities

Cons

Lack of planning, no sanctions, poor management, low salary

Be leaders.

SYKES provides career growth opportunities and international business experience

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you're smart and hard working, there are lots of opportunities to excel and get international business experience.

Cons

Communication and coordination difficulties that accompany working for a large company.

SYKES Response

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you... Yes, we have a strong promote from within guideline. We have literally thousands of employees who started as a Customer Service / Call Center Representative and have grown their career ... More

Working there now

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kingstree, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kingstree, SC (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Laid back paid training opportunity for growth if your a hard worker and have some character. Great positive environment opportunity to work independently.

Cons

low pay, poor technology tools and systems.
    The systems of accountability are taxing signing out on a telephone even though your on an electronic punching (not on the phone) is'nt reliable. If im on the phone and your system on the phone says i'm not there when i am it's a hassle to get an email about time missed while the time clock shows i'm present is a hassle again software challenges and systems being faulty affects employer credibility with employees.

Update software on computers used to assist customer better, internet browsers ,windows operating system etc.