SYKES

www.sykes.com

Great company just low pay and no benefits

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

I love this company, most especially the gaming project, as they have truly gone above and beyond to make work /life balance to work. This company believes in promoting from within and tries to develop everyone into success.

Cons

The highest paid project is 10 an hr at start with the highest pay being 13 an hr after you remain a yr in what is known as a top performer program. Additionally they company only offers full benefits to those who are directly work for corporate such as management, human resources, and other support positions.

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for your feedback. We are listening and looking for ways to continously improve.

Good company depending on program and location. It is an entry level workplace to earn experience for better careers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The "People First" ideology is really being embraced at the location that I work at and there is opportunity for movement as long as you apply yourself. Local administration cares for its employees and agents, and they host focus groups monthly to listen to the agents without their supervisors being present so that the agents can freely provide feedback without fear of retaliation. The company is making good progress.

Cons

The main issues are difficult for a company. Being a third-party outsourcing company (business process outsourcing), we handle inbound calls, outbound calls, email, chat, etc. for a lot of different clients who pay for our services if they cannot, or choose not to, host their own service lines. Naturally, that equals lower wages of $9 to $11 on average because there isn't much room for increase based on contracts. The benefits aren't the best and the paid time off favors the lower wage earners, regardless of your position with the company.

This is for upper management. Changing the Paid Time Off program to eliminate hours of agents/employees based on wage is unfair. If an agent has worked hard to merit an increase over time, they should not receive less paid time off than a new agent who has barely a few months.

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for the detailed feedback. This truly helps us in our efforts to improve as an employer.

Good opportunities for learning if you are at your first job

I worked at SYKES

Pros

good learning opportunities and nice colleagues

Cons

not too many growth opportunities for senior manager positions

Great job with great opportunities!!

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love Sykes! I started out in the Maintenance department at Sykes in Malvern, AR. I have been given opportunity after opportunity to grow, learn, and develop as I learned reception duties, recruiting duties, and HR systems. I have had the opportunity to build relationships with people all over the country. I get to train, help, and support folks on the front lines working with our customers...the CSA's. I love my job, my team, my boss, and my sites! I love what our local Sykes' does for our community by offering great job opportunities with great pay and benefits for our area. I also love to see all the great work we do to support our local schools and organizations that help those less fortunate. Finally, I love the Employee Relief Fund that was started this last year. I love the idea of employees helping other employees in need.

Cons

I don't take the benefits because i get a better deal with my husband's employer, but they are good if you don't have other options.

I am truly enjoying my experience with Sykes-- the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The reasons to work at Sykes would be the pay, benefits, location, the people, and the environment. If you are looking for a career opportunity with advancement opportunities then Sykes is the place to be. Personal growth is inevitable because it teaches you how to deal with people. You learn a lot about yourself by dealing with others. Sykes is a place where you can learn discipline, determination, and dedication. I truly believe that being with Sykes, I have learned that even with personal and professional growth- it's not a race. Sure we are a fast paced environment but at the end of the day, it's not all about being swift but enduring til the end.

Cons

Some challenges you will face in your journey with Sykes is that some people will have their own opinions about Sykes. The atmosphere is not for everyone and the job (in its entirety) is not for everyone; so with that, you will have a lot of negative feedback. If a person lacks discipline, determination, dedication, integrity, and moral standards then success in the business will not be an option.

The only advice I would give to management is that you must keep believing in yourself and your dreams. The common goal is success.

I had a great work experience

I worked at SYKES

Pros

I got to approve my customer service skill
    Got to assist customers with issues
    Interacting with other people

Cons

Dealing with the Angry customers

I have nothing to share at this time

Customer service representative

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Sit down all day, stay busy

Cons

Need more training provided for new employees

It was intetstng to learn a new trade. I was a CCP Tech Support Agent

Current Employee - Call Center in Hattiesburg, MS (US)
    Current Employee - Call Center in Hattiesburg, MS (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Paid training, Payroll, hours, and benefits

Cons

The Scheduled shifts were inconvenient.

None

Best Job Ever

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to work at home. You are never far from your family or from your job. The hours are flexible. You can pick up shifts, or turn down shifts. They pay on time. In my experience, the Coaches and Life Coach have been nothing but helpful. Chuck Sykes had a fabulous vision that is family friendly, environmentally sound and it is working! I am never treated like I am lesser-than my superiors. I look forward to going to work for once in my life. I can't compliment this company enough. They have changed my life. I am housebound, and I thought I would never work again. Look at me now!

Cons

The cons that I see listed are typical of any company. They are based off of personal preferences, and the people posting them would find these faults in any company, anyplace. Your job is what you make of it. Its up to you to decide that you are going to be happy. This also makes you a better employee. If you can't deal with the ins and outs of your current program, simply switch programs. Reach out to your Life Coach. That is what they do. The pay is low, I get that. But the bonuses are awesome and you do get tenure raises!
    Having said that, there are some room for improvement. The technical bugs do need some attention. Some programs would do well to implement a employee recognition program to raise morale.
    If you are the type that desperately needs personal, face-to-face interaction, obviously this would not be the company for you. But your coworkers are right there to chat with. Chat with them!
    Training could be better defined. Our trainers are not the issue, but the material. What they are given to teach you and what you really need to know are completely different in a working situation.

Keep up the great work!
    Improve training materials so that they better match the world of production.
    Create an employee incentive program for great work, rather than simple coaching for substandard work.
    Don't pay attention to the poor reviews.

Call center

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Great people and pay considering

Cons

Call center. Loud. Sale driven

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for your feedback.