SYKES Reviews

Updated 16 October 2014
2.2

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 27 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic (in 12 reviews)

• Hard to communicate with team leads, and have poor management (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

It was a learnful period

Former Employee - Team Leader in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You canlearn a lot about a multinational company. (e.g. Feedback, KPIs)
    i was surounded by competent people, regarding their job. We could reach fine results.

Cons

I missed a company culture based on values.

I know you do your best in having a functional company. Give a thought on life values. Be aware that every gesture you make comunicates aboult your values.Don not allow gossiping. This are reflected through the employees.

Very though but I think it would help the company a lot: Lead by example.

GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Management Team, and great work-life balance.

Cons

Inconsistent pay compensation. Due to "system gliche" you are not able to receive your max incentive bonus, even if you earned it.

Not just listen to employees about Payroll issues, but act upon them more efficiently.

Call Center

Current Employee - OMDA Representative in Greenwood, SC (US)
    Current Employee - OMDA Representative in Greenwood, SC (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay for the area

Cons

Floor support management could use better training

Do your job..

Good for the people at corp, bad for the rest of us

Former Employee - Operations Analyst
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are nice and team players, everybody is focused in delivering good work

Cons

No growing inside the company, unless you are part of Chuck"s circle or you are the protege of VP of operations for the regions, the rest of the vps do not have any real power inside the company

Please get more good people in the top, Chuck is great but there are only limited ideas to where the company can grow, and the company is static towards new business models, and are solely focused in maintain margins than to look for real and outside the box ways of earning more dollars

Great place to work!!

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Positive environment! Continued mentoring and support throughout my career with Sykes. I really enjoyed my colleagues while working with Sykes. Sykes is a very large BPO...but it never felt too large, if you know what I mean. Chuck Sykes instills the sense of camaraderie...even though Sykes employees are 60K+ strong!

Cons

Don't really have any to share.

its a joke

Former Employee - Rep in Bardstown, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Rep in Bardstown, KY (US)

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

THERE ARE NO PROS TO THIS JOB

Cons

terrible, awful, a joke, underpaid

young and unprofessional

Good Luck!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL (US)

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I actually thought it would be a better experience working the US site rather than one of the outsourced locations. That was a huge mistake.

Cons

Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management. Very bad pay for position working in. To many double standards or no standards at all. Management contradicts each other in front of employees and then wonders why the performance is so bad. Duh!! No one knows what to expect. Favoritism runs rampant. Fraud is okay but being absent is not. As long as agents sell, the rest of their performance apparently doesn't matter. There is so much more than can be said, but does anyone really listen anyway? I doubt it.

As long as the current management is in place at the Lakeland II site, I don't think they have a prayer of getting any better. You have AMs that suggest to take away agent sales commission if the WTR is not met, you have others in management that don't know what's really happening in their own site. Rather than fixing a problem, they just move it around to look like it was fixed. Site management is stuck on doing a dog-and-pony show for clients and other senior Sykes management to attempt to paint a rosy picture when the fact is the site is a disaster in management. Promotions are almost non-existent for people that can make it better, they would rather put their friends in the position and then protect them. To be honest I'm surprised the client (AT&T) has not pulled their business, unless they've had such a smoke screen blown in their face too. I have no opinion of the CEO but if I was him, I'd be embarrassed with the Lakeland II site management and performance. The site can be so much better but not with current management.

Terrible

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

There are no pros to this job.

Cons

This is a thankless job. Dealing with people and there horrible attitudes is no fun especially if you are not a people person.

Survival (barely) work from home job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at SYKES part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Saves you from living under a bridge. Saves gas commuting to another dead end job,

Cons

Enduring poor management, godawful training, poor communication, draconian customer service policies (actually lack thereof). Paying for all of the technical items necessary to work including expensive landline phone. essentially no benefits. No job security whatsoever. Unfulfilled promises. No kudos or time to fix other's mistakes, and there are many due to the people they attract. eg. Two minutes for after call work before warning issued even if customer has been very poorly served ... Customer must stay on hold even if it takes 45 minutest to fix an issue. Reps promised full time but then get part time after training. Minimum wage while training.

Advise your applicants they will be treated like garbage for close to minimum wage rather than the company line while recruiting.

Miserable backstabbing production support department.

Current Employee - Production Support in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Production Support in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. Not one thing that would have kept me there.

Cons

Backstabbing, politics, one upping, management that ignores problems. They do not care about your health or the hours they make you work.

Your middle management in IT needs to be replaced.