www.samsclub.com

2.9
1,161 Reviews

Sam's Club President and CEO Rosalind G. Brewer
Rosalind G. Brewer

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits are possible while improving your customer service skills (in 48 reviews)

• The oppurtunity to learn every aspect of the job and business Decent pay and benefits (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • As management sometimes work/life balance is not where it needs to be (in 32 reviews)

• The one thing I got tired of was the constant push for Plus memberships or credit applications (in 57 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

Good place to work for

Cons

Nothing as such I can think of

Nothing as such I can think

picture

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good for freshers because it provides a platform

Cons

worst management team
    too much politics

stop making lobby of same language type.

Wonderful place to work and it is fun everyday. Good career for someone who likes a fast pace.

Former Employee - Club Manager
    Former Employee - Club Manager

I worked at Sam's Club full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is competitive and train you for the job you are going to do. Time off policies are good and the benefits are good. They really have a fun culture to work in and they care about the associates.

Cons

Sam's club is really busy on holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas. One of the busiest holiday's would be The 4th of July.

Upper Management is supportive. Bonuses are paid yearly and are achievable. The culture is like a family.

Alright, not a keeper

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Pooler, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Pooler, GA (US)

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is good compared to other similar positions. Decent employee benefits, annual bonus, periodic employee appreciation days. Little to no experience needed (like Walmart). You can transfer to any other club hassle-free.

Cons

Everyone is replaceable. Lots of favoritism. Saying this is competitive-pay is nonsense, everyone starts at the same pay regardless of experience. Raises are earned once a year, max is only 60 cents.

Business Marketing

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Friendswood, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Friendswood, TX (US)

I worked at Sam's Club full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I liked that the position allowed for independent working. I enjoyed being able to mix up whether doing inside marketing or outside cold calling. The special community events that were rewarding.

Cons

There was not a lot of management support or direction given. The Clubs are so understaffed that they often pull the marketing team from their tasks to run registers or the membership desk which makes it impossible to meet your goals and quotas. The company boast of lead support but the computer generated lead systems are so antiquated that no one knew how to use them.

Offer employee discounts.

Job

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time

Pros

It pays, it's a good stopover if you're a student or just need extra cash

Cons

It doesn't pay much if you're trying to climb the ladder and they will stretch the climb

Respect your employees intelligence!!

Unsure of how the company will be in 10 years.

Current Employee - Technology
    Current Employee - Technology

I have been working at Sam's Club (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, good work environment, pay is OK at best. 401k and stock programs are worth doing with 6% match and a partial stock purchase from the company. Room for advancement if you work and show you're not a complete imbasil. Opportunities to learn multiple aspects of retail, produce, grocery, front end, merchandising and technology. A good stepping stone. Overall a positive experience thus far.

Cons

Benefits unreachable at the part time level. Full time only given to lead positions. Unrealistic goals with a constantly understaffed store. Mad members daily. No commission given to wireless sales associates. No incentives on selling upgrades and credits. Maybe a "high five" which is $5 taxed on you're check after you have done it all at the end of the day. Meetings are not held enough to keep all associates in the loop. Little to no consequences for lack of effort on work. Cuts across the board on payroll, except for management.

Conduct more meetings to emphasize goals to associates, stop cutting hours and create new positions to further assist the front end, cashier helpers to move lines faster and less sales push from cashiers to speed and improve member experience, while having more associates specializing in upgrading members on the floor other then only 1. Higher wages to produce higher quality workers that care about they're position and increase employee moral.

Sam's Club

Former Employee - Member Service Cashier in Grapevine, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Member Service Cashier in Grapevine, TX (US)

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Close knit culture
    Decent pay
    Opportunity to move around
    Fast Paced
    Free food
    Employee discount on fresh foods
    Charitable fundraisers
    Great for college age people

Cons

Retail hours
    Some rude customers
    Never get out on time when closing
    Cashiers have to sell upgraded memberships to people who don't want them
    Have to pay for membership - it should be free
    Insurance isn't available for part time employees until one year of service
    Insurance covers employee only
    Manual labor - constant lifting, stacking, pushing

It would be great if part time employees would be eligible for benefits sooner than one year and it covered their families, as well. I was offered benefits after one year for only myself. Poor management on various levels. Some upper management had shady practices with employees and inventory - they were later replaced, but we had to endure their actions until they left. Some floor supers act bigger than their job description and take their personal lives out on their team members. We're all human, but please do your best to leave it at home.

My experience overall was great

Former Employee - Cashier/Baker in Montgomery, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier/Baker in Montgomery, AL (US)

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get a yearly bonus, most the associates are nice, you get a free membership, everything is easy to find and your schedule is made 3 weeks in advance

Cons

Selling plus, credits, and renewals at the register as a cashier, you have to be part time for so long until you become full time, heavy lifting

Show your associates more appreciation.

Salary

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits but could be better from a walmart division.

Cons

Bad teamwork, not enough hours for part-timers or benefits.

Teamwork means lead with the example.