Samsung Group

Samsung Group Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Samsung Group CEO & Vice-Chairman Dr. Oh-Hyun Kwon

Dr. Oh-Hyun Kwon

Pros
  • The only good thing about Samsung is the good salary(in 56 reviews)

• Good work/life balance, good management(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is a joke - if you want to shorten your life by half come work here(in 91 reviews)

• No Work life balance - expect to work 60-80 hours every week if you don't want to fall behind(in 34 reviews)

Slave at a good place

Lead Engineer (Current Employee) Noida

ProsNice work culture. Everybody is working and cant abscond. So you get a good feel that you are not the only one caught in work. Able to do lots of work by end of day. Good processes and a resource is part of project for entire life cycle, lean phase and hectic one. Good appraisals and nice benefits like transport and comp day compensations.
    Good place to register patents and stuff. Revolutionary change in work domain. You are closer to drivers and usb communication or networking paradigm. Your bonus is yours without any question. Trusted managers and laborious leads.

ConsIf you reach office after 10, its a leave or a def(2 defs are OK in 3 months; def = 6 hours). Complete 8 hours inside office and 9 hours between first and last swipe. What to do in 1 hour between that? Anyways the bus will start 9.5 hours after they arrived. So you actually have 1.5 hours of nothing, ultimately you will work in them if you dont come from nearby place and want bus to travel 30 kms to home.
    If u book a cab, do 10 hours inside office and 11 hours between first and last swipe. Kudos.
    You cant lunch/snack inside office. Sit for 10 hours if you want cab!!! Cmon I am a human. Cab will leave me home in perhaps 90 mins. Let me take a 5 min break and dont count it for once. And do I get any extra pay for clocking 10 hours?If i reached office at 9:35 i cant book a cab of 8:30, i will have to go to 10:15 pm cab. All so in the name of safety and security? Where is it in this case?
    Please hire some office boys and understand you are no more a 300 people company but a 2500 people one. You need a helpdesk ticket system for logistics and admin tasks.Managers have no say infront of Koreans. If they said it, its over.
    IT is pathetic. You cant gmail or any other mail. You cant even google if you are on Mac. US President approves your internet access over mac.A VP is concerned about your internet access. He himself approves it.
    If you lose a device, its cost is cut from your salary and warning letter is given.

about company

Prosthis is one of the best company in india which provide better working improvement

Consu should have to be punctual and hard working

Overall Good

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood Compensation
    Working in Opensource.
    Good onsite opportunities.

ConsStrict Working hours.
    Hr needs to bring employee friendly policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease have Employee friendly policies

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was good, as I see after leaving

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Noida

Prosgood learning, if you get into a good team.
    good incentives

Conswork-life balance is not good
    lot of politics, your relationship with your bosses is more important that the work you do.

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Noida

ProsDecent salary, onsite opportunity, emerging platform

ConsLate stay, less respect towards employee

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate employee well and plan project well.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

tough working in samsung

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Noida

Prosdecent salaries, korea trips and various other perks

Conshostile work environment, stringent time tables

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosmoney and other benefits are there

Consnot much work so not much growth

Advice to Senior Managementnone but try to make employees happy

Review

ProsGreat place to work and learn and research

ConsHierachy and Beauracrazy and the top management in India lacks direction

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a flat hierachy

Nice company for a first job.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsThe company has good environment and work culture. Provides a great learning experience about the entire life cycle for a software product development. Has a lot of travel opportunities, but would require you to work very long hours specially in HQ

ConsProvides limited growth prospects and can be stagnating a little up the ladder. Also the salary is a little below industry average which can demotivate.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more freedom to Engineers to experiment and innovate. Just normal Design, Development and Debugging wont lead to out of box solutions.

not good

Proscompensation is average
    bus and food facility is free

Cons.no learning
    .worst managers
    .Manager have no technical knowledge
    .Test happen after 3 months and may be you fire based on that
    .Hr admin treat engineer as slave

Worked for Samsung Group? Contribute to the Community!