Sapphire Technologies

Sapphire Technologies President Robert M. Dickey
Robert M. Dickey

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Wonderful place to work

Former Employee - National Accounts Recruiter in Woburn, MA (US)
    Former Employee - National Accounts Recruiter in Woburn, MA (US)

I worked at Sapphire Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sapphire invests in their employees with training, rewards etc.

Cons

I left because I personally did not like recruiting and found it was not a job for me, but I loved my time at Sapphire. Loved the company the people and the culture just wish I could have had a different day to day job within the company.

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

Support of Upper Management
    committment to continuous improvement
    community and outreach involvement
    always looking for ways to improve the work and personal lives of it's employees
    Great opportunity for advancement for people that lead by example, share ideas in a constructive manner and continue to evolve as the company and industry evolves.

Cons

Adjusting from being a small company to a big company - there have been some speed bumps and will continue to have some but working through it
    The company is comitted to training and developing employees - looking forward to the company finding the right approach and programs for this type of sales environment. It's very encouraging to see the company's comittment and desire to succeed in this area.

Unlimited potential for growth, management always seeking ways to make the company better

Current Employee - Account Manager in Woburn, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Woburn, MA (US)

I have been working at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

Amazing people within the company, and the managers understand that it's the internal employees that make the engine roar. Positive energy. Trustworthy, honest people throughout the organization. Unlimited growth potential. fun place to work.

Cons

It can be a grind at times. You have to committ 2-3 years to really "get it" and master your role. But you get out of it what you put into it.

Take a closer look at mid-level employee compensation. Comp package is very good for incoming new employees and excellent once you "make it" as a Top 20% performer. But there are some mid-level employees being lured out by competitors for $10-$20K annually that they would have made plus some if they stayed with Sapphire. Oddly enough, some of these people that left never do any better than they thought they would, and actually considered coming back. But I wish they hadn't left in the first place because they were great employees and people I became friends with.

Great company, great people, hard to leave, learned a lot.

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Woburn, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Woburn, MA (US)

I worked at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

Senior management is some of the best in the industry. Really know their stuff. They treat people right and want to help you succeed.

Cons

Training could be better, and the employee development (in terms of softer skills) has a ways to go, but this (and the parent company, Randstad), is a great company.

Would like to see more dedication to developing employees and leaders, because it seemed that the managers consisted mostly of top salespeople, not necessarily individuals qualified to "lead" or even trained to manage adequately.

No set plan for salary hike

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

-Paid vacation time is OK.

Cons

- Bad 401k plan.(minimal or no contribution from employer)
    - No definite plan for career growth.
    - Salary is average in industry.
    - Account Executives do not listen to you when it comes to asking for raise / rate revision. They continually ignore you and do not respond to the e-mails / phone calls.

Shameful Sapphire management in Woburn, MA continually lied and went against their own contract agreement

Former Employee - Software Integration Engineer in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Integration Engineer in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

Automatic pay arrived on time.

Cons

Management was indifferent and repeatedly lied about pay rate. Sapphire agent lied about the pay rate at the time they were recruitment. After I began working for them under contract, they cut my pay rate by 10%, twice and refused their own contract agreement.

Sapphire broke all reasonable labor practices; I intend to hold Sapphire Technologies a Randstad company accountable. I hope others will come forward to help stop these recruiting companies from abusing contract pay for Professional staff.