Schneider Reviews

Updated 21 September 2014
2.8

Schneider President and CEO Chris Lofgren
Chris Lofgren

Pros
  • Starting pay & benefits are good (in 13 reviews)

• Some good people have stayed and have not left yet (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • big and some times you can be lost in the mass of people, as you move up work/life balance takes a hit (in 11 reviews)

• The vast majority of opportunities lead to Green Bay (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - OTR Regional Driver  in  Carlisle, PA (US)
    Former Employee - OTR Regional Driver in Carlisle, PA (US)

I worked at Schneider full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Driver Business Leaders do everything they can to help their drivers when it comes to loads and get you home at your scheduled time about 98% of the time. Sometimes mistakes are made but human errors are expected from time to time.

Cons

I can't say I have anything bad to say about them.

Keep doing a great job. I have no complaints.

Great place to work so far

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Schneider full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, everyone is very friendly and a good location downtown Chicago.

Cons

Not any that I can think of yet.

Account Manager (logistics) Chicago, IL

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Schneider full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent, fast paced work environment. Great people with helpful managers that can put you on a path to making good money in a time when great jobs are at a premium. Fair salary, fair commission structure. You need to know, going into a sales job with cold calling requires a large amount of work, motivation and being able to multitask while staying organized.

Cons

Lots of cold calling, but that is to be expected in a job such as this.

Be as helpful as possible and work to customize your approaches when training/working with sales associates. Better phone training skills are a must.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job for young graduates

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive

I have been working at Schneider full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are supportive, fun and challenge you to work your hardest. They organize many events to get you out and socializing with your co workers and they are normally really fun.

Cons

Starting at the bottom rung of the corporate ladder in the sales role you are expecting to work longer than 8 hours a day to meet your metrics.

Schneider National - Bulk

Current Employee - Bulk Driver
    Current Employee - Bulk Driver

I have been working at Schneider full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good for beginning drivers that do not have a family and especially, not trying to start a family.

Cons

They trick you into signing a contract. Seems pretty sleazy to me.

Offer more local jobs (THAT STILL PAY WELL) for new recruits as well as seasoned employees.

Overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated

Former Employee - Driver Business Leader  in  Fontana, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Driver Business Leader in Fontana, CA (US)

I worked at Schneider full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great management experience for those new to the work force (out of college or career transition). Great people, most (outside of upper management) are really down to earth, friendly, and hard working.

Cons

Company values are a facade. They are only emphasized or used as a guideline when convenient for management. Office culture is work to the bone, warm bodies in seats mentality. Management has no interest in developing talent, only want to keep people in the positions they are in. Front line leaders are the work horse, while other managers try to appear busy and make themselves unavailable/unapproachable. They are also very quick to place blame on anyone else but themselves. No accountability, yet preach accountability constantly. Just a terrible, toxic environment, avoid if possible. Schneider couldn't care less how you feel or what you think. They just want to drive profit at the expense of your happiness.

Show some interest in your team. Find ways to motivate rather than constantly riding people and piling on more responsibility. Be open to suggestions for improvement or just new ideas. Drivers aren't the only associates who need to feel valued. Stop hiding information or keeping it from everyone, it undermines the team and questions people's intelligence. Invest more in your people; profit is great but the company could do so much better if people felt valued and appreciated. Take a close, long look at some of the upper managers that are in place, stop making excuses for them and brushing incidents/associate surveys under the rug. Take action! Some of these characters are a joke and everyone knows it. I could go on and on but nobody that can make any change at Schneider will read this or do anything about it because that is the company culture. What a sad situation.

Not worth staying long term

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Schneider full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office associate's are former drivers so they have an idea how it is out there

Cons

Let's see here, the slip seating, the threat of them taking your safety bonus, trying to maintain 60 mph when the truck can go faster, I can go on for ever

Let the drivers do what they were hired for, stop worrying about the small stuff

I have had a very good experience working for Schneider.

Current Employee - Rating and Resolution Specialist  in  Green Bay, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Rating and Resolution Specialist in Green Bay, WI (US)

I have been working at Schneider full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My supervisors are supportive and helpful. I feel like I work hard and that my work is appreciated. It can be stressful but any worthwhile job is.

Cons

I am not thrilled with the changing of the insurance policy. I like having insurance but I found the contributions to our HSA helpful and they are no longer doing that.

I wish the cafeteria had more healthful food. It is all very processed and does not provide energy for working. I think it would be easy to have more choices that are nutritious and taste good.

Great opportunity, if you handle the stress.

I have been working at Schneider

Pros

By and large, really good people who work very hard in a difficult industry. There is opportunity, but you need to be a hustler and willing to live in Green Bay.

Cons

The industry is really struggling and will go through some significant changes in the near future if it is to stay relevant. Driver force can be a real challenge at times.

Get out in the field and get some real perspective! The company is becoming very "inbred" with top-down descision making. Your people have the solutions. Listen to them.

Truck Driver

Former Employee - Truck Driver  in  Urbandale, IA (US)
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Urbandale, IA (US)

I worked at Schneider full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with dbls was easy and efficient. they were also friendly. they always knew it was important to have time off.

Cons

Time off was very scarce due to my time of year working there. pay was also low and it always feels like youre just a number.

raise pay for lower paid drivers at least every 3 months. Benfits can be better.

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!