Scientific Games

Add Photos

Scientific Games President and CEO David L. Kennedy

David L. Kennedy

Good career, interesting work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsUsually on the leading edge of technology - good opportunities to experiment, try new things. Money is fair - work/life balance is tough here - just because of the nature of the business.

ConsNo real direction - at least that's been communicated. Lots of silos. Employee benefits on the SG side are pretty much non-existent. Horrible health insurance plans. 401K match is very feeble.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees and communicate where you want to take the company. Look internal for talent- communication is imperative!

Disorganized Management

Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosallows some remote work capabilities, good benefits

Consno life-work balance, constantly expected to pull 70+ work weeks. management unable to schedule resources appropriately.

SG has been really good to me!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsFast pace, great people, competitive pay

ConsUpper management is somewhat distant from every day employees. There are a lot of separate moving parts, and it sometimes seems like we're working in different directions.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt often feels like everyone is working in their own business units and aren't aware of what is going on with the various other business units. Set a unified direction and communicate it clearly to the entire company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat if you have gaming experience and want to create casino games. WMS has a great reputation and history in the industry. Great WMS office in Chicago with fantastic gym, cafeteria, snacks. Decent benefits. We don't know anything about the old SG business in Atlanta since they are run independently.

ConsUnstable management and company trajectory. Not sure who we are, who is going to be in charge in 6 months, and where we are going. New CEO is legit and great for WMS here in Chicago but who knows how long that will last.

Field Service Technician I

Field Service Technician I (Former Employee) San Juan, PR (US)

ProsOnly the benefits and the co-workers relationship.

ConsNo guidance from management.
    The manager has a preference in certain employees.
    No growth opportunity

We Posted a Network Engineer position at Scientific Games for over 3 months and Can't find One who likes to work here.

Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsGet some experience and then go someplace else...

ConsNo Promotions, No Personal grow, Bonuses are given in secret to those who are likable by management. If you have a family then say goodbye to them because you will be traveling everywhere dealing with lottery venues located at Gas Stations or Bars in dangerous places and neighborhoods where these tickets are sold or casinos in foreign countries where they are protected by armed men and then you have to deal with all the regulations in the lottery business and the underground mob seeking to infiltrate such business.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive credit to employees and have the knowledge to evaluate them and keep in mind that they are overwhelmed by to many projects.

Director (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGood business acumen, benefits and decent training

ConsLack of trust and ability to assess talent

Advice to Senior Managementbroader growth for employees

Stay away from this company - Network Design & Implementation - High Turnover -

Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

Prosthe work can be challenging due to many regulations of the Business. GAMBLING

ConsThe Network Design & Implementation has a very high turn over. No opportunity for Education or advancement. Some minority guys working in here still have the same title of Junior Engineers since they were hired many years ago. All original Management staff left and now Network Design & Implementation is being managed by other company staff.

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your people and train them a little, hire more IT people. Give a chance to every engineer working at the IT dept. Not just the guys you like.......

Ireland division. Absolutely unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPaid extra hours, easy job.

ConsTerrible place to work, management does not care.

NOT employee friendly- culture is bad

Prosthe work can be challenging

Consno training for leadership or employees

Worked for Scientific Games? Contribute to the Community!