Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com

Sherwin-Williams Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Sherwin-Williams – Dallas – “store location”

Sherwin-Williams – Dallas – “store location”

Sherwin-Williams Chairman and CEO Christopher M. Connor

Christopher M. Connor

Pros
  • Opportunities for advancement as far as you want to go (in 39 reviews)

• Sherwin Williams is a growing company and has great benefits (in 70 reviews)

Cons
  • no work/life balance, upper management out of touch with store level (in 38 reviews)

• Upper management can be tough depending on the stores sales and profit (in 75 reviews)

More Highlights

17 year employee, good times and bad. Company has lost track of what made it .

Store Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat benefits, opportunity for advancement if willing to move.

ConsThe this year vs. last year philosophy is not a way to build a long term business. Only concerned now about stock price and sacrificing its American stores in the process. Investing all money in foreign ventures.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour stores are chronically short staffed. Get out of the 1970's business philosophy and practice what you preach. You have to have experienced employees to compete with the competition stores yet you will not commit resources. Offer the best pay in the industry staff your stores properly and you will achieve your goals . And number one the box stores are NOT your competition it's the contractor market that is key. Quit offering our service and top personal for nothing by matching prices with companies that do not offer our service and locations. The pricing system is a joke. A gallon of paint can sell to one person for 50.00 and someone else for 10.95. Really?

Be ready to produce

Store Manager (Current Employee)

Prosgood 401k plan and decent benefits, along with competitive salaries for full-time workers and adequate bonus programs when individuals are able to produce.

ConsCulture varies greatly from area to area and even within areas, as with most places, it is as good as the people you work with. However, many times a culture of hyper-competitiveness to a fault is present, which leaves individuals at the mercy of middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on incentivizing individuals throughout the organization to go to business more effectively by fostering competitive team environments as opposed to just competitive environments.

am

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

Proseasy people to work with. relaxed environment. distant from upper management.

Consmandatory overtime. doesn't pay for additional hours.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good if willing to relocate

ProsEasy work laid back job

Cons44 hours a week instead of 40, weekends and nights mandatory sometimes

Third Key

Third Key (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGood benefits and pay
    No long hours

ConsUpper management promotes only those with college degree

Advice to Senior ManagementValue all your employees and allow them opportunities to advance

An incredible company that I am proud to be a part of.

Hybrid Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

ProsYou are challenged everyday and are taught how to run a business. They are very employee oriented and promote mostly from within. They treat their employees very well.

ConsPositions are not always available for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not in their shoes but I feel they could become more involved with the smaller stores. I was only in a small store for two months but i felt the time strain on the managers. Maybe consider allowing three full time employees per store. I realize the financial burden that would be soldered because of this though i believe it would result in a decrease in manager turnover and a happier work environment.

Like minded individuals working together closely.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone was incredibly friendly and passionate about their jobs. Great company.

ConsNone. I had no negative experiences here.

Sherwin-Williams has many opportunities for recent graduates to move up in the company. They also provide great benefit.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Pros- Benefits: 401K, Pension, Higher Education Reimbursement, etc.
    - Opportunities to move up and advance your career
    - Ability to transfer almost anywhere

ConsProduct knowledge can be very challenging, but it's important to know that there are many resources to help.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees in lower positions, but who have a great deal of experience, on things that can be improved at the store level

Solid Company, can be a grind

Third Key (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ (US)

ProsGood ppl, decent pay, feel appreciated

ConsClients can talk down to you/be rude.

Be in it to win it

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompany really invests in their employees. Providing training and support in all aspects of your career. They expect al ot out of their employees, but they put a lot in.

ConsLong hours and in some stores the physical aspects of the job can be difficult. There is also a lot of movement so settling into a routine can be difficult.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!