Shutterfly

Shutterfly Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Shutterfly President, CEO, and Director Jeff Housenbold

Jeff Housenbold

Pros
  • Opportunity to make an immediate impact in your area; good compensation; good work-life balance(in 19 reviews)

• Was a fun place to work - very cool products & solid management team(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it can be very challenging when it comes to work-life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Good old boys club in senior management(in 6 reviews)

Shutterfly is a good company that treats employees well.

ProsGood perks, free products, more than you can use. There are a lot of good people that want to build and do the right thing. Generally speaking most people have good attitudes.

ConsI don't think the company is focused enough on building a great product to reach more customers rather than trying to nickle and dime current customers for a bit more revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on a great customer experience.

Growing company with tons of potential.

Customer Management Team (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, established core values, and opportunities for growth are endless.

ConsThe company started somewhat small and experiences growing pains, as all businesses do.

customer service rep for Shutterfly.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Fort Mill, SC (US)

Prosnice work place. employee and long time temp employee events, like trips to amusement parks. Great coworkers. Free drinks and cheap snacks and lunch foods. Didn't have to supply my own headset. Got training.

ConsManagement team has a private club attitude.Only their friends get good hours and assignments. management is never available and leaves before shift is over and comes in late. No help for agents, the leads refuse to take supervisor calls and customers just get angry because they are on hold for so long and no one will talk to them. Contracted agents rarely get hired and no raises. People are leaving this company because the management could care less about life/work balance and families. Because so many people have left, They call for mandatory overtime, you pay a sitter until the end of your shift and then you can't go home, you get points if you do. The points keep you from getting hired as an employee. This use to be a great place to work, not any more.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up out the management team, some of them are not acting professionally. Treat your agents like people, not machines before your entire team quits. Even your hired employees are looking to leave, a few already have. I was not fired, I quit after I found another job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Client Services Representative

Client Services Representative (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsYou will learn about digital printing

ConsNot a lot of room for growth.

Great people, great environment

Production Artist (Former Employee) Fort Mill, SC (US)

ProsI was only there for 8 weeks during the holiday season, but there was a constant emphasis on people, and there was always some one accessible if you needed guidance.

ConsI didn't see anything that could be considered a con

I will have to say awesome.

Customer Management Team (Current Employee) Fort Mill, SC (US)

ProsThe company family picnics and the openness of everything that is going on with in the company. This company is pretty transparent with the changing being made. We all know the strategic plans and it feel great to know the company's growth or where they want the company to go.

ConsThe constant changes daily. All about numbers and not employees thoughts.

HIres top people but has them doing low level work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsYou get to work with some very smart and talented people

ConsGood old boys club in senior management

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some more women in top spots Jeff!

The momentum ended just as quickly as it began.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Fort Mill, SC (US)

ProsOpportunity for overtime great during the holidays.

ConsSupervisors stressed utilizing leadership especially during high call volume, only there was hardly anyone available or not willing to help.

Major favoritism, talked a good game but the supervisors were very cliquey.

Professional from the outside, unprofessional once you get the feel of the environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the rules you set for your team!

Stop treating those not in the "crew" like crap, then calling later for them to come back and break their backs for SHUTTERFLY!

Great people, too bad about the management.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsCo-located engineering, good salary, flexible schedule. The individuals in the trenches all seem very well intentioned and skilled. Some internal promising technology. Not much dead weight in the engineering team compared with outer large companies I've worked at.

ConsNot a "get things done" culture- it mostly attribute this to a very conservative management stye. No risk taking, slow to adopt new ideas and new trends. Strategy consists of "more of the same". Some key executives are micromanagers. Too bad, some of the teams are very talented and could just "makes things happen" if not straddled with such a burdensome management culture.

Advice to Senior Management1) Look around at what the market is doing, not just what our current customer base does. 2) Meet less, do more. 3) Clean up the product, its all over the map. Customers notice-I hear it from my friends.

Great team!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat people to work with.

ConsFeel disconnected from RWC office.

Worked for Shutterfly? Contribute to the Community!