Shutterfly

Shutterfly Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Shutterfly President, CEO, and Director Jeff Housenbold

Jeff Housenbold

Pros
  • Opportunity to make an immediate impact in your area; good compensation; good work-life balance(in 19 reviews)

• Was a fun place to work - very cool products & solid management team(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it can be very challenging when it comes to work-life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Good old boys club in senior management(in 6 reviews)

Great products, smart people, good experience

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsOpportunity to make an immediate impact in your area; good compensation; good work-life balance

ConsSome teams prefer to operate in total chaos, which screws things up for those stuck working with them; opportunities for promotions seem more based on politics than merit

Advice to Senior ManagementReward team members for success, and don't let those prone to consistent failure stand in the way of recognizing key contributors

Great!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosit was a great experience working there!

ConsI have nothing to address on this subject

Advice to Senior ManagementI was very impressed with the management team!

Customer Service

ProsLaid back company culture. Room for growth.

ConsHigh levels of favoritism, nepotism and new people are treated like "others."

Advice to Senior ManagementThe cliquishness seen at management level will continue to ensure good talent doesn't stay long.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very exciting place to work. Management is is fair and approachable

Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsThe benefits are endless. They really treat workers with dignity and respect

ConsThey do work 12 hour shifts

Advice to Senior Managementcould use more face time with employees

Working in Design/Customer Service is exhausting over the holidays.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood product. Well-designed customized greeting cards. The company is growing fast. Management brings in good food for workers fairly often when call volume and orders are high and employees are working 12 hour shifts.

ConsThey had many problems with bugs in their systems and didn't really give newbies enough help to get past these problems. Hundreds of computers and only two guys to troubleshoot and solve problems. It made it hard to meet their production demands when the machines were not performing well. There is a high pressure atmosphere to get holiday products out with long mandatory work hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou try to make a fun culture at Tiny Prints/Shutterfly in Tempe but it would be more fun if the systems ran properly during high demand over Christmas. Put more effort/money into keeping things running smoothly -- more tech help! Give your employees a better chance to meet production levels and feel that they were able to accomplish what you expected of them most days.

Good Company to work for

Senior QA Engineer II (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsWork life Balance is good. Good Food sometimes

ConsNothing much. Micro management is Taking over

Advice to Senior ManagementStable Company

good business

Senior Web Engineer II (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Prosgood atmosphere, good coworker, good manager

Consworst hr, fake senior management

Great company culture

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsEnjoy the people that I work with, we attract great talent

Consstill a small company and less opportunities

Advice to Senior Managementcareer planning is key to maintain good talent

Energetic and enthusiastic small business

SEO Strategist (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThe company is growing!
    Industry experts - They run a YouTube channel with industry news
    Career growth
    Individual's contributions is easyly taken note of

ConsNothing really serious to point out to. May be a larger office space.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould work towards getting more large businesses/enterprises rather than just SMB
    Just an area of opportunity - Can learn from other big agencies in the same market
    Needs a stronger marketing team

Building premier brands

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsThe company is building a portfolio of premium brands and is willing to invest in technology, product, and marketing to support the growth.

Consumer-focused, action-oriented work force: company culture is about winning in the market and making a difference in our customers' lives.

ConsMultiple corporate locations (Shutterfly run out of Redwood City, Tiny Prints / Wedding Paper Divas out of Sunnyvale, MyPublisher out of NYC) places a premium on communication in order to coordinate across brands and functions.

Worked for Shutterfly? Contribute to the Community!