Sitel

Sitel Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana

Bert Quintana

Pros
  • It's work from home which can make it worthwhile initially(in 17 reviews)

• Learned a lot about customer service and the business(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This call center is the absolute definition of micro-management(in 14 reviews)

• 9/hr for a customer service position; the same job with another company could earn you(in 7 reviews)

good place to work with nice people

Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) Bangalore

Prosgood place to learn, nice working atmosphere

Conscompensation is less considering the amount of time spent

It was a very educating and different experience

Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) Chennai

ProsThe best part would be meeting new people and getting to know the different cultures in a Outsourcing company. The depth of technical knowledge that we get from troubleshooting issues is really good and valuable.

ConsPromotions are difficult to come by if you are in the lower rungs of the hierarchy.
    And there is the issues with timings, if you are not comfortable with changing shift times each week, this is not for you.

One of the worst companies to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsSince there are so many things against u in this company work wise, the only thing that stands by you are the people that you work with. Also since the top n middle management team are busy "delegating" their work to people under them all the time, there is a lot of exposure towards acquiring new skills. I would say its a good organization to start your career as here you will learn a lot of tricks of the trade to get your work done somehow.

ConsWell to start off, they are one of the worst payers. Their annual compensation is the least when compared to their competitors. And to add insult to injury, there is no true values and work etiquette. Work pressure is immense work pressure. The company does not value their peoples lives and expect you to slog endlessly for their own benefits (which is the case with other companies as well, but the worst thing about Sitel is that they will make you know it as well).

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople in top management please go to the grass root level and fix the problems. People in Middle management sucks and are incompetent. They just delegate their work without fixing problems and expect people under them to fixit. There is no guidance to people under them. Fix the processes from scratch.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

it was a good exposure.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) New Delhi

ProsGood culture. good management. nice company to work with.

ConsInsufficient payout system. inadequate equipments.

Fantastic place to work, develop oneself as a professional.

Product Trainer (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsLearning opportunities, opportunity to develop oneself as a professional.

ConsNone as such, maybe salary.

Wonderful experience of disciplined work

Technical Support (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsSitel has a Stress free environment. Target management is very effective and even the work is pleasant.
    Benefits for each and every factor are available. So even though the base salary is less , based on the employee's performance , a much higher salary is paid

ConsDid not notice any cons. Only thing I was concerned was the transport . It takes a lot of time to arrange transport after the workshift , which is a bit irritating

Had a good experience..

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chennai

ProsGood environment to work in..

Consthere is nothing like tat..

High satisfaction

Analyst (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsGood work culture, low on stress

Consemployee welfare, very poor infrastructure

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to solve employee concerns rather than just using A-sat surveys as an academic exercise

Very good organisation to work at but the current management is really bad

Team Leader (Former Employee) Chennai

ProsIf you work for a Dell process in Sitel, then you can work anywhere in the world.
    I've grown in my career only because of Sitel and learnt so many things while working there.
    Very good growth, learning opportunity, can learn and understand the BPO industry

ConsThe current management is really bad. The managers are the only ones who have personal/family commitments. The support staffs are treated very bad. We are made to work for a minimum for 11 hours on a daily basis. Salary structure is bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to start valuing people who work for the organisation

Inappropriate Management

Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsGreat floor, healthy environment, indoor gym, indoor cafeteria, organized departments & floor

ConsPolitics based management, inexperienced trainers

Advice to Senior ManagementChange yourself then try to change the company

Worked for Sitel? Contribute to the Community!