Sodexo USA

www.sodexo.jobs

Sodexo USA Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Sodexo USA Group Chief Operating Officer, Chief Executive Officer, North America, On-site Services George Chavel

George Chavel

Pros
  • Sodexo has great benefits, including flexible work arrangements(in 19 reviews)

• Good benefits/Paid vacation/Sick time/401 K/Retirement(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management I feel does not care what so ever about us(in 18 reviews)

• There can be long hours and difficult tasks to complete(in 14 reviews)

Impressive contract services company

Senor Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat systems for training and developing

ConsSome Senior Management do not seem to show the quality and skills you'd expect for a high end contract services company that seeks the quality of life for its clientele.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate your VP's and District Managers, then continue onto your General Managers and see if they are really fit for the job. This does not go to everyone, only those select few.

Jul 15, 2014

Thanks for sharing your review with us. It's great to hear you've found value in the training & development programs Sodexo offers. In regards to your concerns about select managers, our Talent ... More

good job

Cashier (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

Prosgreat pay , good company

Consnone its a good company .

All around good company to work for.

Conference Services Manager (Current Employee)

ProsInterested in employee concerns and overall work life

Consa bit slow to react to those concerns

Advice to Senior Managementtreat everyone the way you would want to be treated

Jun 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to hear you have had a positive during your time here and hope you will continue to grow your career at Sodexo.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible company to work for!

Child Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsI worked for Sodexo for 5 years. I loved my job for the first several years, and worked very hard for them despite being partially disabled. Only took two sick days in 5 years, both times on Doctor's orders.

ConsBy my 4th year there, I was approaching the $10-an-hour mark, and had become second-in-command at the Unit where I worked, Midway thru that 4th year, they cut my hours from 4.5 per day, to 2 hours a day, chalking it up to "cutbacks", despite the fact that I had seniority over everyone else at the unit where I worked (I had even been there longer than my supervisor at that time), and they never cut anyone else's hours...... at the same time, management began creating a hostile work environment, with all kinds of double standards and mind games. I ended up having a nervous breakdown and am now on full disability.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you've got someone who is loyal and hard-working, as I was, don't abuse them and by all means do everything you can to keep that person happy at their job!

Success built upon the backs of it's employees

Executive Chef (Current Employee) Des Moines, WA (US)

ProsProvided direction, adequate training, worthwhile cause. Enjoyed the people, and the work (sometimes).

Conson call 24/7, overtime relief, unrealistic expectations, no family life support, salary below industry standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild better support into the lives of your managers. Corporate values don't always dictate the experience of the employees. Mission statements should be followed through upon.

Sodexo doesn't care about their employees

ProsI feel some of the people that I work with do care about the quality of the food we serve, & make sure our customers are happy.

ConsThe upper management I feel does not care what so ever about us. We are not getting a raise at all this year, & the past raises we did get was 3%. That is insulting, maybe they should try and live off 10.00 an hour. I bet their raises are a lot more than that. We work really hard, they add on more work, but they don't want to give us any help to get it done. They claim that the waste & labor hours are to high, maybe they should cut back on their salaries & the amount of help that they have. So this is how much they care for their employees. No raises, I am sure there will not be one next year either. If ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about how much you are paying us, & see if you could live off that or better yet try it.

Great opportunity as student assistant looking to learn basic marketing skills

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible shifts, short commute, low hiring standard, book & aid tuition, free meals.

ConsLow opportunity for wage raise and benefits. Not enough leadership training and evaluations to further develop skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate office needs more young minded people who understand the language of university students.

Good Company to Work for.

Food Service Manager (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsGreat working with the client and great customers

ConsGood communication to management lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe your best everyday!

Jul 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm happy to hear you enjoy the clients / customers and hope you will reach out to your director to discuss your concerns regarding communication ... More

cook

Line Cook (Former Employee) Huntington, IN (US)

Proshealth care, holiday pay, free $1000 life insurance, sick days

ConsAs of January 1 2014 all full time employees became part-time employees, losing all health care, holiday pay, free $1000 life insurance, sick days

Advice to Senior ManagementHeir all part-time employees, pay minimum wage, and drastically downgrade the food quality

Food Service Worker review

Food Service Worker (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR (US)

ProsGood working condition and helpful peers

ConsNot much cons to state

Advice to Senior ManagementSteps can be taken to ensure all things are done the right way.

Worked for Sodexo USA? Contribute to the Community!