Sogeti
www.sogeti.com Paris, France

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros:
  • "Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)"
    in 24 reviews
  • "Strong respect for your work/life balance"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "The bonus program pits you against other employees (worse they do, better you do)"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Overtime which is still hourly client billing contributes to bonus potential instead of actual pay or comp time"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Formerly very talented employee friendly company approaching a low point

Manager Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork life balance
Self-driven career growth
No travel required, yet still consult and gain experience at big clients*
6% 401k match...1.5 to 1 so it's really 9%
Long history with some loyal, talented vets
Things will eventually turn around for them if they fix their problems starting with change at the top
Good place for early career growth or for those looking not to travel assuming you are flexible about the work you do. Opens many doors to other companies.

ConsUS C level and corporate management is cutting costs to boost profits presumably to make up for overseas losses and is strangling growth
Corporate's general lack of investment in their IT infrastructure hinders consultant productivity
Benefits are slowly being cut
Salaries are stagnant and they do not grow
Morale is low as sales are down and turnover is increasing
Bonus system is convoluted and can be frustrating
The yearly review, promotion, and wage adjustment process is highly impersonal and not transparent at all
*You might have to travel to stay billable depending on your salary level
401k isn't matched until Dec 21 and requires 3 years to be vested

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing practices and unit structures every year. It generally upsets more people than it pleases and you don't give it enough time to see if these changes really work.
Make the process for pay and promotions more transparent where at least there's some explanation to the results.
Invest in your business, your people, and your infrastructure and be patient.

Make tough decisions

I worked at Sogeti

ProsGood benefits, good place to learn about consultancy and testing, innovation, full of people who are passionate about testing

ConsToo many people in senior positions with egos who only care about their part of the business looking good/doing well as opposed to working together towards a bigger goal, flexible working does just not exist, no diversity in the leadership team.

Advice to Senior ManagementDear CEO: Make tough decisions, stick with them and fully implement them, even if it means being unpopular or risking senior people leaving - doing this will not only save your Company but also earn you the respect of your employees, who are your greatest asset. Business is business and you can't please everyone, nor change your mind because someone runs to you dissatisfied about something. Look beyond the next profit figures at the bigger picture.

Review

I have been working at Sogeti

ProsHigh right out of college pay

ConsGet lost in the company by always being on client sites

Staffing company with no vision

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits - 401K
Local Management was great but had their hands tied by HQ with over the top policies.

ConsThere are so many.
Policies are restrictive, they do not provide you the tools to do your job (phone, useful computer).
Executive Management is out of touch with what it takes to build a great organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to be a Consulting Company stop acting like a staffing company! Invest real $$ into your employees.

Solid team of people

Consultant (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsExposure to different client and technologies. Company internal web-based training programs enables you to be more marketable. Benefits package is pretty decent and they do offer a bonus program. I felt I was working with some of the best technical people in the business.

ConsSogeti is a 24/7 operation and usually doesn't offer a professional and personal life balance. You will be required to be at a client site then also build partnerships outside the billable time. This coupled with required skill training makes it difficult to maintain a balanced life.

A innovative and welcoming company, which balances being a trailblazer in it's field with a welcoming environment.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

ProsA stirling and well rounded training facility, combined with support from all area's of senior managment gave me both the skills and the confidence to progress and succeed. Within 4- months of joining the company I had been sent on 4 training courses as well as having spent considerable time with each of the sector heads. Additionally, It is great to be part of a leading company with such a respectable presence in the market and a real emphasis on remaining there.

ConsWhist the social aspect of the company more than furfills expectations, it would be nice to have more of an orientation towards team building days and sports teams. However, that said I know plans are in place to start a company football team.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to take the time to interact with new staff. This interaction provides both a welcoming aspect whilst making you feel valued and enthusiastic about work.

A supporting and Friendly company.

Sales (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

ProsA very comprehensive training program was laid on for all of the graduates who joined in the summer of 2013, this included all graduates completing the ISEB qualification helping to provide a deeper knowledge when speaking to prospective clients.

As well as technical training Sogeti worked with an external sales training provider for a range of sessions which helped with questioning techniques and overall mannerisms whilst performing the role.

The culture of the company is very friendly and you will be supported by senior management who are keen on encouraging continual development which is a positive sign as a graduate.

ConsIt would be great to have a larger emphasis on cross departmental team building, such as away days or a regular sports team which all members of Sogeti could participate in.

Staff Augmentation with minimal communication

I worked at Sogeti

ProsSogeti has a nice brand name with a high profile parent company; CapGemini. It has a great benefits package including a terrific 401k option...if you can wait 3 years for it to vest. There are lots of talented people employed by Sogeti who are passionate about what they do and can deliver high quality work.

ConsThere is little to no communication from leadership to it's consultants. The moral is low and not much is being done to change that. There is a high turnover rate and the projects are tactical in nature.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegroup and realize your consultants are a valued asset and not a warm body to staff. Have an open and transparent communication process.

Great Employee Focus

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

ProsExcellent Benefits. Employee Focus. Regional Model works well. Entrepreneurial in nature.

ConsOffshore delivery is a challenge. In a transformation mode currently.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould have better support from Practices

Ethics

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time

ProsGood Benefits and if you land the right project you will be happy until you land on the bench.

ConsEnvironment is fear driven and motivation is lacking. Not a place to inspire anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould be such a great company if they just thought about decisions instead of reacting on what makes todays dollar. You miss the big picture of success when such short focus is used.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Sogeti CEO Luc-François Salvador. All 325 reviews are posted anonymously by Sogeti employees.