Sogeti
www.sogeti.com Paris, France

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros:
  • "Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)"
    in 24 reviews
  • "Strong respect for your work/life balance"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "The bonus program pits you against other employees (worse they do, better you do)"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Overtime which is still hourly client billing contributes to bonus potential instead of actual pay or comp time"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Cheap company, no opportunities

Consultant (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

Pros*Occasional opportunities to work from home

*No insurance premiums

Cons*EXTREMELY little opportunity for career mobility

*Responsible for buying work essentials (mouse, keyboard, monitor)

*Impossible for new consultants to get bonuses

*No compensation for overtime

*Provided manager ample time to know of my resignation, VP & Corporate held it against me and made my last day a week before I had requested, preventing me (while pregnant) to be denied benefits and a week's pay

*Micromanaging Team Leads

*CHEAP work events - Costco food that employees would have to prepare

Advice to Senior ManagementReassess budget to ensure morale - clients pay good money for consultant services and consultants aren't compensated or given ample supplies to do their work

A nice place to visit but I couldn't stay.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsGood salary
Training opportunities (even while billing)
Big company means plenty of room for a rear growth if you're entrepreneurial
Local model (little if any travel)

ConsPerhaps too big. (You feel like a cog in a wheel)
Emphasis on revenue over ethics
Reactive leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate proactively. It's easier to keep an employee happy than it is to try and fix things after the fact.

new HR team is useless

Consultant (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Prosgood benefits, good brand, nice colleagues. excellent training courses

Consbad new HR team at sogeti UK, long bench time, need to pay back training fees if leave within a year after the training

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the HR team!

Good employer that takes good care of its employees.

Test Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of courses
Thorough basic training as a Young Professional
Good culture

ConsSalary lower than comparable position in other companies

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to retain experienced professionals by providing competitive package.

Horrible, have no idea why I stayed so long.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFew decent colleagues that you can work with
Some clients are nice and understanding.

ConsLow pay and minimum raises.
Having managers who have no technical skills and do not know what you do.
Backstabbing for any sort of bonus.
No opportunity for advancement.
No support from management and no opportunity for training.
You are left to your own, sink or swim.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselfs.
Fire your yes man.

Great Place to Gain Experience

Consultant (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery good benefits, great 401k match with only a 3 year vest, profit sharing, starts at 15 days off. Great range of jobs for a college graduate to better find what they want their career to become. Health Care is 100% paid for, but is more suited for those who are younger with no families.

The account executives are very proactive in helping you get the type of jobs you want to pursue, as well as being your biggest advocates to management come review and promotion time.

ConsCan sometimes get stuck on projects for a long length of time. You need to voice your opinion strongly in order to get the type of jobs you want, but they are not guaranteed.

Do not go into this job expecting a bonus. Sogeti recruiters will push the 20k+ bonus, but the bonus system is a nationwide tiered ranking for all consultants at every level and is not just performance based. Only top level consultants that work on contracts and lead practices will get the 10 and 20k+ bonuses. Typical bonus for most consultants is 5k but thats after a couple of years. First years expect no bonus or 2500, so prospective candidates such weigh this and negotiate based on base salary only.

You must have one year into the company before you are eligible for profit sharing.

Health Care is a high deductible plan not suited for families.

Advice to Senior ManagementOvertime helps your bonus potential but since the bonus levels are not guaranteed, there is no tangible link to help consultants want to strive to increase the bottom line. Learn how to directly compensate those that choose to put the company first and you will find that many consultants will take that opportunity.

Great consulting company with good benefits.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey offer very good benefits including a high-matching 401k and health/dental, as well as a lot of financial support for education (hardly any request gets turned down). The people are very friendly and definitely strive to grow the company. Account execs work well to engage you on new opportunities, and the company encourages entrepreneurial spirit.

ConsNot much culture since you all usually work at different clients in different departments. The bonus plan is complicated and has never been popular. The counseling program is supposed to support your growth, but none of the ones I've had were very engaged.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the bonus program.

Overall, and good experience with Sogeti

Consultant (Former Employee)
Dayton, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

ProsYou can get a variety of experience working on different projects for different clients. This includes the size of the team, from just 1 or 2 people to 20 people.

ConsCan feel lost and confused in the system. I was never sure what I was doing, or what I would be doing next. As long as your billing that's what matters.

Sogeti is very sink or swim.

IT Consultant (Current Employee)
Raritan, NJ (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsYoung consultants can quickly get a wide range of experience by working on a handful of different projects in a short period of time. Getting pushed into projects out of your depth can pay off if you end up doing well.

ConsThere's very little direction, especially for younger/newer employees. Management can be hard to get in touch with, and there are times that I at least felt kind of forgotten about. Younger employees are often pushed onto projects with little guidance for what they're expected to do, which is stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to throw so many inexperienced resources at a project. It's stressful for the consultants and it makes the company look disorganized to the business, which I don't think reflects all that well on Sogeti.

Great for professional growth, bad compensation

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Vianen, North Brabant (Netherlands)

I have been working at Sogeti part-time for more than a year

Pros- Collegues are generally friendly and helpful
- Learning new skills is very much encouraged and facilitated

Cons- Salaries for new employees are ridiculously low, and grow marginally (if at all). This will lead to an exodus of employees that worked for a few years at Sogeti

- Company tries to retain employees by binding for a few years with a loan that is slowly paid off over the course of several years. The employee must pay the remainder of the loan all at once if he tries to leave before it is paid off

Advice to Senior ManagementDivide compensation more across the board to retain new talent, instead of relying on contracts that make it hard to leave in the first few years

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Sogeti CEO Luc-François Salvador. All 323 reviews are posted anonymously by Sogeti employees.