Sogeti

Updated 18 November 2014
3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 28 reviews)

• Great 401(k), Good Benefits-no premiums on med/dental co (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• Work life balance is what they promote but in reality, it does not happen (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrible is the word!

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

Absolutely none. There is no work and India is only a backend for them. Most of the work happens onsite and offshore team is only leveraged for validation or small bits of work.

Cons

1. Horrible management team sitting at Mumbai
    2. They harass employees to the limit of calling them back to office for trifling matters once they are half way back home.
    3. Some incompetent bunch of senior members expect employees to take late night calls sitting at office.
    4. They create issue for even women taking a single work from home a month, even when they have an emergency situation with their children at home.
    5.Your boss will never respond to any clarifications seeked.
    6. I was on the verge of lodging a grievance and harassment case with the corporate hr against the sogeti Mumbai senior management.

Learn to appreciate talent, and come out of your nasty mindset of simply troubleling employees.

Learn to respect women and enable them with flexible environments. Stop passing sexist and discriminatory remarks in meetings.

Worst

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mumbai

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing that i can say

Cons

Everything from project to management to onsite opportunities

Not that good

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Latest .Net technology to work with in some accounts, Good Initial salary.

Cons

Senior management keeps changing. Low salary hikes. Extremely difficult(read made impossible by managers who engage in BU level politics) to change projects even after completing mandatory period of 18 months in a project. Not aligned to capgemini at all. So Project change won't happen even if better opportunities available in other BU.
    It's mainly driven by Outsourcing employees to client locations. Join capgemini but stay away from Sogeti USA BU at bangalore.

Learn to retain talent. Provide them good onsite opportunities (read 2+ year) after they have spent some time, instead of engaging at BU level politics.

Worst company .

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Only you get salary on time.
    Work life is good as many project on support so no much work...

Cons

many ..... few of them are given below
    1 Worst management
    2 all the projects are on support ... so no more to gain the knowledge.
    3 no onsite travel.
    4 extremely worst for the people for those who does not work on .Net
    5 Maximum head count for a project is 20 to 25 ... hence no vertical growth.

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

1. Resource gets oppurtunity right from project to pre-sales and client facing options
    2. Few best managers still exists in Mumbai office

Cons

1. Management Politics in Sogeti India - PLS TAKE A STEP, before you lose your valuable, loyal employees
    2. High level un-professionalism and buttering policy applies
    3. Management pls do something for this..
    4. They say they follow open door policy, but common... Managers cant be approached.. Especially the big boss of Sogeti USA. Need to grow up and handle resource properly.
    5. English is still not the official language in Sogeti Mumbai office, please stop this baised favorism
    6. India CEO is excellent and has immense potential to outstand Sogeti India, so please focus on your valuable and loyal employees.
    I had a hard time till date to prove my potential, before I start degrading my potentials and capabilities, time for me to quit. Sogeti will lose one trustworthy and sincere resource..

sogeti india is the worst company in terms of mangement, communication

Current Employee - Consultant(Current) in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Consultant(Current) in Bangalore

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

good salary. else nothing is good here. at some departments work may be good and cool even without work for a long time .

Cons

worst management
    demoralising behavior by managers
    people who can shout more becomes a hero.
    not good for good technical persons. i advice a proper talented technical guy not to join in sogeti india, bangalore

know your people who work for you. listen to their problem at the work place. higher level managers stop thinking abt ur salary

Awesome company!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Fun. Challenging. Super talented, innovative people. You can really make a difference. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow. Rewarding. Feels like family, in a good day. People care.

Cons

If you have a contractor mentality, don't bother. We're a consulting company. Looking for innovative consultants who want a long, rewarding, fun, challenging, growing career with us.

Keep caring about people, We are Sogeti.

Account Executive

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Benefits are great. Potential to grow professionally is certainly not overlooked. Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen. PTO is highly respected.

Cons

Have not come across any.

Love this business

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Des Moines, IA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Des Moines, IA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti (less than an year)

Pros

Diversity of opportunity. Many large clients to deliver solutions for, diverse set of solutions and practices, you truly have an opportunity to grow and prosper. I'm a little frustrated reading the negative reviews, Sogeti is really a place that will reward you for the effort you put forth. Consulting is tough by nature. If you are lazy, you probably won't do well. Sogeti leadership I've worked with have a ton of integrity.

Cons

There is a bit of a brand identity issue as the business evolves from staff augmentation to all solution oriented. Some solutions are not fully baked, but most are. Don't complain about it, dig in and help develop them.

Think about marketplace brand. Think broadly about the sales process and who the customer is (it's not always the CIO).

Value driven company that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit of self-improvement

Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- 12k tuition reimbursement
    - 150% 401k match up to 6%
    - Bonus program
    - Quality people
    - Fosters a learning environment

Cons

- Being billable is the top priority
    - Healthcare is free but not good for people with families
    - Those who run the company are not technical
    - Poor internal training tools