Sogeti Reviews

Updated 15 September 2014
3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 16 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrible is the word!

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

Absolutely none. There is no work and India is only a backend for them. Most of the work happens onsite and offshore team is only leveraged for validation or small bits of work.

Cons

1. Horrible management team sitting at Mumbai
    2. They harass employees to the limit of calling them back to office for trifling matters once they are half way back home.
    3. Some incompetent bunch of senior members expect employees to take late night calls sitting at office.
    4. They create issue for even women taking a single work from home a month, even when they have an emergency situation with their children at home.
    5.Your boss will never respond to any clarifications seeked.
    6. I was on the verge of lodging a grievance and harassment case with the corporate hr against the sogeti Mumbai senior management.

Learn to appreciate talent, and come out of your nasty mindset of simply troubleling employees.

Learn to respect women and enable them with flexible environments. Stop passing sexist and discriminatory remarks in meetings.

Worst

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Mumbai
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mumbai

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing that i can say

Cons

Everything from project to management to onsite opportunities

Worst company .

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only you get salary on time.
    Work life is good as many project on support so no much work...

Cons

many ..... few of them are given below
    1 Worst management
    2 all the projects are on support ... so no more to gain the knowledge.
    3 no onsite travel.
    4 extremely worst for the people for those who does not work on .Net
    5 Maximum head count for a project is 20 to 25 ... hence no vertical growth.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not that good

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Pros

Latest .Net technology to work with in some accounts, Good Initial salary.

Cons

Senior management keeps changing. Low salary hikes. Extremely difficult(read made impossible by managers who engage in BU level politics) to change projects even after completing mandatory period of 18 months in a project. Not aligned to capgemini at all. So Project change won't happen even if better opportunities available in other BU.
    It's mainly driven by Outsourcing employees to client locations. Join capgemini but stay away from Sogeti USA BU at bangalore.

Learn to retain talent. Provide them good onsite opportunities (read 2+ year) after they have spent some time, instead of engaging at BU level politics.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Mumbai
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mumbai

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

1. Resource gets oppurtunity right from project to pre-sales and client facing options
    2. Few best managers still exists in Mumbai office

Cons

1. Management Politics in Sogeti India - PLS TAKE A STEP, before you lose your valuable, loyal employees
    2. High level un-professionalism and buttering policy applies
    3. Management pls do something for this..
    4. They say they follow open door policy, but common... Managers cant be approached.. Especially the big boss of Sogeti USA. Need to grow up and handle resource properly.
    5. English is still not the official language in Sogeti Mumbai office, please stop this baised favorism
    6. India CEO is excellent and has immense potential to outstand Sogeti India, so please focus on your valuable and loyal employees.
    I had a hard time till date to prove my potential, before I start degrading my potentials and capabilities, time for me to quit. Sogeti will lose one trustworthy and sincere resource..

sogeti india is the worst company in terms of mangement, communication

Current Employee - Consultant(Current)  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Consultant(Current) in Bangalore

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

good salary. else nothing is good here. at some departments work may be good and cool even without work for a long time .

Cons

worst management
    demoralising behavior by managers
    people who can shout more becomes a hero.
    not good for good technical persons. i advice a proper talented technical guy not to join in sogeti india, bangalore

know your people who work for you. listen to their problem at the work place. higher level managers stop thinking abt ur salary

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, surrounded by really good people, certifications are paid for, opportunities to take on different roles and leadership. If you are good at your job and have a good attitude then you will excel here. They give you the opportunity to make what you want out of your career.

Cons

You may have to take on a role that is out of your comfort zone.

Continue providing opportunities for employees to grow their careers.

7 years in a row to what?

Current Employee - Senior Consultant SAP  in  Bordeaux, Aquitaine (France)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant SAP in Bordeaux, Aquitaine (France)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I entered Sogeti as an engineer, which, in France, would not have occured (I do not have a master) if only I were to be in front of a 'normal' manager. This one, in regard to my experience, put the diploma issue aside, and sign me up.
    Sogeti is, in many aspects, one of the best IT provider from my PoV to begin with or to grow senior.

Cons

As many IT firms, when you get your senior status, there'll be a lack of opportunities to grow even more. And, as it goes, I didn't receive any formal trainings, on SAP or anaything, for 5 years.

Internal culture in Sogeti is growing and the management deploy many things to keep professionals aware of their society (as most are on client site). As a downside, a lot of them do not care about the these news.
    On an HR and management perspective, there is a huge lack of recognition and, when it comes to provide tools and trainings to capitalize on people, they prefer to disappear and let the professional leave and hire a newbie instead.
     To keep the salary as low as possible, they do not want to invest in their employee, and doing so, they'll lose their most valuable asset... Us.

My experience at Sogeti has been very positive overall.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good collaboration with the Consultants. We hire very talented Consultants that are innovative for our Clients.

Cons

Lack of training for Account Executives. Thoughts of just do the job as we pay you well. We don't need national training or meetings for you to meet and collaborate with others.

No growth opportunity for Account Executives. Very male dominated.

Find some female leadership and provide leadership training to your Leaders. Just because they were a good Consultant does NOT make them a good leader

Working @ Sogeti Netherlands as a Relationship manager

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Vianen, South Holland (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vianen, South Holland (Netherlands)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

responsebility, freedom, very nice colleagues, respect, expertise, possebilities, personal growth, telephone, laptop, culture fit

Cons

salary, personal benefit structure, short term goals, less external courses

Maybe we have to start a personal benfit structure for the IT pro's

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!