Sogeti
www.sogeti.com Paris, France

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros:
  • "Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)"
    in 24 reviews
  • "Strong respect for your work/life balance"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "The bonus program pits you against other employees (worse they do, better you do)"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Overtime which is still hourly client billing contributes to bonus potential instead of actual pay or comp time"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Worst

Mumbai

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNothing that i can say

ConsEverything from project to management to onsite opportunities

Worst company .

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsOnly you get salary on time.
Work life is good as many project on support so no much work...

Consmany ..... few of them are given below
1 Worst management
2 all the projects are on support ... so no more to gain the knowledge.
3 no onsite travel.
4 extremely worst for the people for those who does not work on .Net
5 Maximum head count for a project is 20 to 25 ... hence no vertical growth.

Not that good

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsLatest .Net technology to work with in some accounts, Good Initial salary.

ConsSenior management keeps changing. Low salary hikes. Extremely difficult(read made impossible by managers who engage in BU level politics) to change projects even after completing mandatory period of 18 months in a project. Not aligned to capgemini at all. So Project change won't happen even if better opportunities available in other BU.
It's mainly driven by Outsourcing employees to client locations. Join capgemini but stay away from Sogeti USA BU at bangalore.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to retain talent. Provide them good onsite opportunities (read 2+ year) after they have spent some time, instead of engaging at BU level politics.

Mumbai

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros1. Resource gets oppurtunity right from project to pre-sales and client facing options
2. Few best managers still exists in Mumbai office

Cons1. Management Politics in Sogeti India - PLS TAKE A STEP, before you lose your valuable, loyal employees
2. High level un-professionalism and buttering policy applies
3. Management pls do something for this..
4. They say they follow open door policy, but common... Managers cant be approached.. Especially the big boss of Sogeti USA. Need to grow up and handle resource properly.
5. English is still not the official language in Sogeti Mumbai office, please stop this baised favorism
6. India CEO is excellent and has immense potential to outstand Sogeti India, so please focus on your valuable and loyal employees.
I had a hard time till date to prove my potential, before I start degrading my potentials and capabilities, time for me to quit. Sogeti will lose one trustworthy and sincere resource..

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement Politics in Sogeti India - PLS TAKE A STEP, before you lose your valuable, loyal employees

sogeti india is the worst company in terms of mangement, communication

Consultant(Current) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti

Prosgood salary. else nothing is good here. at some departments work may be good and cool even without work for a long time .

Consworst management
demoralising behavior by managers
people who can shout more becomes a hero.
not good for good technical persons. i advice a proper talented technical guy not to join in sogeti india, bangalore

Advice to Senior Managementknow your people who work for you. listen to their problem at the work place. higher level managers stop thinking abt ur salary

Not the best, but not the worst

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros6-week bench if contract ends without cause
PTO increases the longer you work
Severance pay commiserate with number of years you worked if client fires you
Healthcare premiums are paid for whole family

ConsThey do not have your back if client fires you regardless of how long you've worked there
No overtime - everything goes into 'comp time' bucket
Weirdly arcane bonus system
No pay raise when bill-rate to customer increases
Health care is catastrophic but has a higher deductible than the most you can withhold in an HSA
You have to do a whole 'review process' as if you aren't nothing more than an income-generating resource for them

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better healthcare
Stop trying to be a hybrid - right now there are all the disadvantages of both being treated as a 'real' employee of a company AND all the disadvantages of being a wageslave farmed out to other companies (i.e. a vendor/contractor). The few pros of being treated as an employee are outweighed by the crud you have to put up with (such as not getting any overtime you earned).

Somewhat satisfactory with room to improve

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

ProsCollegiate environment
Personal growth
Flat management structure

ConsHealthcare
Communication between management and units

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent and forward with employees

Big Promises Small Results

Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsIt's a good foot in the door / developmental career stop. For those that are needing to build your resume and get some good experience then this is a decent starting point.

ConsNo real upward mobility. You can get promoted but rarely see anything reflected in your pay for the work you do. They only care about the bottom dollar and not the people that make up the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to respect the people that work for you in the same way that you demand their respect.

Formerly very talented employee friendly company approaching a low point

Manager Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork life balance
Self-driven career growth
No travel required, yet still consult and gain experience at big clients*
6% 401k match...1.5 to 1 so it's really 9%
Long history with some loyal, talented vets
Things will eventually turn around for them if they fix their problems starting with change at the top
Good place for early career growth or for those looking not to travel assuming you are flexible about the work you do. Opens many doors to other companies.

ConsUS C level and corporate management is cutting costs to boost profits presumably to make up for overseas losses and is strangling growth
Corporate's general lack of investment in their IT infrastructure hinders consultant productivity
Benefits are slowly being cut
Salaries are stagnant and they do not grow
Morale is low as sales are down and turnover is increasing
Bonus system is convoluted and can be frustrating
The yearly review, promotion, and wage adjustment process is highly impersonal and not transparent at all
*You might have to travel to stay billable depending on your salary level
401k isn't matched until Dec 21 and requires 3 years to be vested

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing practices and unit structures every year. It generally upsets more people than it pleases and you don't give it enough time to see if these changes really work.
Make the process for pay and promotions more transparent where at least there's some explanation to the results.
Invest in your business, your people, and your infrastructure and be patient.

Make tough decisions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti

ProsGood benefits, good place to learn about consultancy and testing, innovation, full of people who are passionate about testing

ConsToo many people in senior positions with egos who only care about their part of the business looking good/doing well as opposed to working together towards a bigger goal, flexible working does just not exist, no diversity in the leadership team.

Advice to Senior ManagementDear CEO: Make tough decisions, stick with them and fully implement them, even if it means being unpopular or risking senior people leaving - doing this will not only save your Company but also earn you the respect of your employees, who are your greatest asset. Business is business and you can't please everyone, nor change your mind because someone runs to you dissatisfied about something. Look beyond the next profit figures at the bigger picture.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Sogeti CEO Luc-François Salvador. All 323 reviews are posted anonymously by Sogeti employees.