Sogeti

Updated 24 November 2014
3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• It seems that we always talk about Solutioning and practices but end up doing staff augmentation (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Love this business

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Des Moines, IA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Des Moines, IA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti (less than an year)

Pros

Diversity of opportunity. Many large clients to deliver solutions for, diverse set of solutions and practices, you truly have an opportunity to grow and prosper. I'm a little frustrated reading the negative reviews, Sogeti is really a place that will reward you for the effort you put forth. Consulting is tough by nature. If you are lazy, you probably won't do well. Sogeti leadership I've worked with have a ton of integrity.

Cons

There is a bit of a brand identity issue as the business evolves from staff augmentation to all solution oriented. Some solutions are not fully baked, but most are. Don't complain about it, dig in and help develop them.

Think about marketplace brand. Think broadly about the sales process and who the customer is (it's not always the CIO).

Value driven company that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit of self-improvement

Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- 12k tuition reimbursement
    - 150% 401k match up to 6%
    - Bonus program
    - Quality people
    - Fosters a learning environment

Cons

- Being billable is the top priority
    - Healthcare is free but not good for people with families
    - Those who run the company are not technical
    - Poor internal training tools

Senior Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Developer in Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Developer in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked here for 3 years and it started out good at first until I found out I was lied to. It is more of my fault but if you go to work for this company make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing.

Cons

To much micro management. To short sited. They have a Country of "India" mentality. They only focus on what they know (which is 10 years old) and refuse to adapt to new emerging markets. If you like being a drone and having to report to 15 different people then this company is perfect for you. They say and try to project a fun work place where they are open to ideas but at the end of the day they just want you to nod your head and keep doing what they told you even if it is wrong and impractical.

Think more agile, open minded, and practical. Act like an IT consulting firm and stay up to date with current trends instead of holding onto windows 95.

Don't believe all the hype!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training offered, certifications and tuition reimbursement & 401k.

Cons

Each year something else is taken away from employees. Great 401k but takes 3 years to be vested and they contribute the I portion 1 time per year. Overall I have noticed a disconnect in what they say and what they deliver.

Get back to your roots. Overall disconnect with what is going on.

Very nyc

I worked at Sogeti part-time

Pros

Great company to work at.

Cons

No cons as such. It is great.

IT Consultant at Sogeti

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Blue Ash, OH (US)
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Blue Ash, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good for Entry-level professionals like recent graduates, they pay for your time "on the bench", great benefits and 401k employer contribution, nice and welcoming culture of the company, a lot of activities promoting communication and helping others among consultants and other employees, access to every technology you need.

Cons

It's difficult to be promoted, you have to participate in the office activities as teaching some technologies you know to other consultants, and promoting sales at the clients. The salaries are good for starters, but after several years nothing changes much.

not a good experience overall

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

good resources like msdn account, pluralsight

Cons

no good projects, bad management

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great opportunity to network and gain skills

Cons

more emphasis is put on sales than providing a quality product.

Poor treatment of consultants. No long term growth

Former Employee - IT Consultant
    Former Employee - IT Consultant

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* Great 401k plan and health benefits
    * Entry levels receive 3 weeks paid vacation

Cons

* Will not advance in the company without helping with sales
    * Poor management
    * Very long hours

Horrible policies and short-sighted managers

Former Employee - Consultant In Digital Transformation in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant In Digital Transformation in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Free soda and coffee
    - Great benefits (401k, profit share)

Cons

- Managers are extremely incompetent. When I was hired, I was told that clients were lining up outside the door and projects would be flooding in, so they needed me. After 4 months sitting in a cold, windowless office, I left after getting 0 projects while I was there. The execs don't even try to get digital projects, they are too concerned about P&G and GE contracts.

- My managers had the poorest communication skills I've ever seen in a professional environment. My direct supervisor had a STRONG Indian accent, I could barely understand what he was saying and his e-mails and texts were even worse. He blamed me for the communication problems, even though several co-workers had told me that they were experiencing the same thing.

- They hire you after seeing what skills you have, then when you get there ask you to do jobs involving skills you have 0 experience with. You have to learn the skill while doing the job, which makes it very stressful and inefficient.

- Spread their resources too thin. I was skipped over for some contracts in favor of other, equally-skilled consultants even though they were swamped with work as it is, merely because the manager or exec knew them personally. There's a lot of personal bias.

- Depressing work environment. The suits in the corner offices don't even acknowledge that you exist, and since everyone is in and out of ATO, you never see anyone.

Hire managers that can actually communicate effectively in English. Change your ATO policies. Use your resources effectively. Don't make false promises to new hires, or you will never change your absurdly high turnover. Get a better work environment for those on ATO, it just sucks. Everyone in that office looked like they wanted to shoot themselves.