Sogeti Reviews

Updated 15 September 2014
3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 16 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Entrepreneurial culture with lots of training for new hires and seasoned employees.

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They give you a lot of opportunities to expand your knowledge base for professional development. The processes are becoming very mature and best practices are being established. Units are driven by a subset of employees but you have the opportunity to be part of that group if you have the desire and will.

Cons

The medical deductible is ridiculously high, bonus is paltry, salaries are low, they stress they want people to stay longer so they put all your money in your retirement plan.

Change the bonus structure to be more competitive with other consulting firms.

Great place to start and gain experience

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large exposure to different technologies that allows individuals to gain experience in the entire SDLC. This helps people plan their careers based upon what they enjoy doing and don't. Generous tuition reimbursement and 401k matching available immediately joining the company. Full pay when not on an active project.

Cons

In a individual augmentation resourcing model, employees have to maintain vocality about their involvement with the client for the organization to be recognized for promotions and raises. People can get forgotten about at their client sites by the unit if on projects that last over time. Bonus Program while generous is hard capped allowing X number or people to earn the maximum and basing the remainder to earn less and less, structured on additional hard caps. Due to the nature of the new practices structure, this leads to alienation between different career paths and the groups feel cliquey and fragmented.

Reducing internal cost is great but not at the expense of losing talent or reducing work quality of life.

Great experiences, hard to balance responsibilities

Current Employee - IT Consultant  in  Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is plenty of access to training and learning materials. The large client base allows for a diverse project experience. The network of consultants that are at your disposal make searching for solutions easier. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and have fun outside of the work environment.

Cons

Straight out of college, due to the nature of consulting, it is hard to find your place within the company. The on-boarding process for setting expectations and how the company works is slow and lacking consistency.

The system for gauging client satisfaction is broken. The expectations for how sanctification is reported and how this effects consultants (bonus and promotion) is not communicated well by Account Executives leading to skewed metrics or numbers being made up.

Due to the counselor system having to balance client delivery with reaching out to counselees it is hard to feel connected at time. This tension, coupled with the extra (outside of 40 hours) activities for practices, account development and community activities makes the work life balance very challenging.

Seems that some of the directional changes going forward contradict each other. May want to evaluate how these changes will impact the vision for the future.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work when there IS work

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, great training opportunities.

Cons

Not always enough work to keep everyone engaged on projects.

Improve sales pipeline.

No specific tech background, but they still brought me on board.

Current Employee - Software Developer/Consultant  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Software Developer/Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are interested in developing your skills in IT, Sogeti has everything you need to advance. They provide the tools and the connections, but it is 100% up to you to take advantage of it.

Cons

You are not being paid close to what they bill you for.

More happy hours

The support needed to grow my career

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Blue Ash, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Blue Ash, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Speaking plainly, in my two and a half years of experience with Sogeti, I've received the exposure, training, and interaction needed to take my career to the next level.
    When I began with Sogeti, I felt my career was stagnant in terms of skills and training opportunities. The local HR Manager and Practice leaders REALLY stepped up to assist me with the experience and training I needed. This organization offers $12,000/year in training and tuition reimbursement, it really is unheard of in the marketplace.

Local leadership really shines. My on-boarding was thorough and helpful and I feel like I can approach any one of my senior managers and get their time and opinions on any challenges I am facing.

Cons

I wish Sogeti put as much emphasis on training in sales and client relationship management as they do in Technical training. It's an area I don't have much experience in and would like ALOT more coaching and development.

PLEASE put together a sales training seminar series. Please don't adjust the bonus program any further!

Consulting without traveling

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Travel is minimal due to local office concept. Great benefits.

Cons

Expect to do a lot of work, meetings, training after hours.

Make life easier for front line workers. For example, easier to submit time and expenses.

Things have definitely gotten worse.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you work here, you're a consultant. The money was good. I liked a lot of the people.

Cons

The benefits have gone downhill. The bonus structure is complicated and difficult to understand. This won't be a good experience for you unless you are a consultant who likes to sell. Sales is what they reward. Also, it's a true consulting company, so you get what comes along with being a consultant. There is not really a bench policy anymore. I was let go after 3 days on the bench. My boss was replaced by someone who just wanted to cut costs (that's what his bonus is based on). The new guy let people go so that he could get a better bonus. At Sogeti you are seen as $$$, not as a person.

Stop worrying so much about the bottom line and invest more in the people. No one is going to work there if they know you're going to let them go as soon as they're on the bench. Also, replace the Cincinnati management.

So good so far

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Good company culture, training opportunities, benefits

Cons

I've been with the company almost a month now and haven't seen anything yet

Great Experiences and Growth

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Pros

--Benefits: immediate 150% 401k match up to 6% contribution and just 3-year vested schedule, Profit Sharing, Vacation Days, Tuition Reimbursement...
    --Training material available: there's an entire learning center for consultants to access
    --Bonus Program: Reading some of the other reviews, it seems people aren't a fan of it and one reviewer said "you have to work your butt off to get a bonus".... NO KIDDING? You don't say?! What kind of concept is that? Work extra hard to get BONUS pay, above and beyond your generous salary?! Another reviewer said you need to be "in" with the people that rate. Why yes, you should be reaching out to your local management and be proactive. How do you think they're going to rate you if they don't even know you exist? The Bonus Program is definitely a positive about this company.
    --Overall work/personal life balance
    --Project opportunities
    --Client Base
    --Counselor Program
    --Support from regional / geographical managers and Account Executives: be proactive and keep in touch with the important people in your region and in your unit. You will get lots of support from them and will be given great opportunities, as you show you care and put forth more effort.

Cons

The only "con" I experience isn't company-specific, it's the nature of business and consulting. There are times you're given short notice or little information on projects and have to adjust quickly and be on your own to figure out what's going on. All you do to overcome that is communicate well and be proactive and ask questions / reach out to points of contact who will guide you. If anything, this can actually be a "pro" because it keeps you on your feet and forces you to learn / grow at a faster pace than the typical "comfort zone".

The upper management I've come in contact with have been very supportive and always communicate opportunities for webinars we can attend, keep us in the loop about what's going on in the unit, industry, etc...

The only thing I did wish is that we could get more support for are external training events. There's a lot of free webcasts and training we have access to, but sponsored events put on by technical corporations or professional organizations, like SAP, TIBCO and PMI, those are next to impossible to get funding for.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!