Sogeti

www.sogeti.com

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 16 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Staff Augmentation

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsMost of your working will be independent with the client, so you have control over your day. Get experience at different companies, while maintaining the same job.

ConsSogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation. As a consultant you will not get the experience and methodologies present at other consulting companies. Sogeti is a staff augmentation or resource company.

The structure of the company is based on selling resources (staff augmentation), the bonus structure and advancement is based on this. A technical resource will not have opportunities to advance, get training, and get the high bonuses at Sogeti. The only people who have been at Sogeti long term are the sales people who did not come up the consulting track, HR reps who have no technical or consulting background, the back office workers who came in as front desk secretaries, and senior managers who are selling resources. Technical people, project managers, and business analysts leave in 3 years after they are vested in the 401k plan and get very poor raises during those years, once you get to know people there it is well known that raises are not given out.

The projects you will work on are rarely cutting edge or large enterprise project, much of the work is maintenance and support. Clients are generally not impressed with Sogeti and are vocal about it. As a consultant you will not grow within Sogeti, or within the client, your growth will be limited to what you do outside of Sogeti.

Most of the non-consultants: low level HR reps, back office workers, and sales people have offices with window views and are vastly under qualified for their job. No one outside of billing consultants have consulting experience, which creates a difficult environment for conversations regarding clients and projects. The non-consultants are treated like gold, while the consultants are treated like a depreciating product. Also if you are a consultant and your client has a day off, you have to use PTO, unfortunately clients have significantly more days off than Sogeti does so go ahead and knock several days off your PTO as you will be forced to use them.

If you read the other favorable reviews they are written as though it is an advertisement and I believe they are fake as I just learned Sogeti monitors the reviews here. Be wary of those reviews as I have not met another person at Sogeti who is actually happy with their work or opportunities that is on the consulting side.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a track for advancement for technical people, project managers, and business analysts. Change the bonus structure to incorporate non-sales work. Remove the low level HR reps and back offices from the window offices and create more meeting rooms for consultants. Create training programs from outside companies for consultants. Give out raises based on performance at the client site as they are the customers.

Good opportunities in various industries

Senior Software QA (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsSogeti provides good opportunties in various industries. They try to best place you on your qualificaitons.

ConsSogeti offers much training, but once place for your 6 - 9 - 12 month contract, it is hard to find/make time to get the additonal training.

Great people to work with but Management is not at all cooperative

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsGreat people, Good Work Environment

ConsBad Perks
    Management seems to be very mean dont try to understand the employess only bothered about rate.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's okay, but not the best.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsFellow consultants are very knowledgeable and willing to help with anything. There are many online materials to help you learn new things, and you are able to get a myriad of experience rather quickly.

ConsThey only go after clients that meet certain criteria. This is really hurting them in some markets as other consulting firms are simply getting the business. There isn't a lot of work for people in the Agile space (scrum masters, coaches, etc), so don't' bother signing up if you are interested in growing your agile career. The bonus plan is a crock. The only way to actually get a bonus is to work your butt off. This bonus plan seems to change every year, too.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen the doors to a more vast array of clients so more work is coming in for the consultants. Get rid of the bonus plan and give meaty raises. You'll keep your people. Also, stop driving the good people out with command and control tactics.

Good Experience for adding new skills.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsDescent benefits, lots of vacation time can accrue. No health care premiums. Pay on the bench. Plenty of training opportunities, but you have to drive the effort.

ConsSmall pay raises, but they are there. Bonus program is confusing, subjective. Must be very proactive on the bench to find new engagements.

Advice to Senior ManagementChanges are being made to practices which is good, but too frequent changes to practices are not., AE communication with consultants is not always the best.

Good Company

ProsInitial Pay, Training, Certifications, Social events, Co-workers

ConsBench time, Pay raises, investing a lot of time in a project and getting placed elsewhere

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more interactive with consultants

Great Consulting Firm

Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat place to work at.

ConsNo cons I can think of.

Poorly managed staffing firm (Seattle unit)

Consultant (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

Pros- place where you will definitely end up getting a job
    - reason for above is consultants do not stay here for long unless they have a personal limitation ( family or otherwise) and there is no reason they should unless they have a personal limitation ( family or otherwise)
    - anyone looking to join should plan well in advance their priorities and manage their expectations
    - my advice would be to go with the flow in this unit and don't be surprised if you get a whole new flavor of consulting experience

Cons- certainly not a place for technical consultants
    - neither a place for young aspiring candidates to hope for an awesome start to their careers
    - don't be surprised with workplace politics in this unit ; higher ups spend more time dealing/creating politics and serving self interests than focusing on growing the company or people or finding projects

Advice to Senior Management- manage the culture crisis and the talent crisis in Seattle unit
    - invest in right kind of talent especially at the higher end of the hierarchy in this unit
    - I had heard some great things about Sogeti from people who worked long back that was the reason I joined, I was definitely disappointed to see the current failing state
    - Seattle unit needs a total re-haul - do that re-haul
    - as with anything persistence pays - so good luck with your efforts!

Employment is like a Contract position

Manager Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsBig offers to make you dream of career growth, Educational assistance upto 12 grand a year, 150% 401K Contribution etc..

But dreams will remain as dream.. They will terminate you before your 401K vesting start (within 3 years)
    They will never approve your educational expense request..
    You will be terminated as soon as your billing ends..

A big Sham and a big shame for Cap Gemini for carrying this brand

ConsThey will not promote any career growth, educational assistance and terminate you before your 401K company contribution gets vested

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take out all the attractive benefits and accept that you are like a contracting company who wil terminate employees as they complete their billing engagement

Not that good as seems like....

Transaction Specialist (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsFree online training providing from the group online portal - short courses

ConsToo much work taking on less salary....

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!