Sogeti

www.us.sogeti.com
Employer Engaged

More Transparency Needed

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- The level of expertise of my fellow consultants
    - Opportunity to work on a wide range of technologies in an even wider range of clients
    - Reimbursement for certification tests

Cons

- Inadequate transparency with regards to what clients I will be placed at and when.
    - Completely broken bonus system that benefits only Managing Consultants and above.
    - Insufficient salary for what is expected of a entry consultant.

Delete the bonus system, and increase the base salary of all A level consultants to fair market value using some of the profits you brag about at all the all hands calls.

Good Company To work Mixed with Politics

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Salary/401k/Bonus, Leave structure is good.

Cons

Politics/Lack of transparency, Units do not interface with each other.

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

"Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)"

Cons

Bonus Program, Promotion, Senior Management, Work life

manager

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

good health insurance, relaxed environment

Cons

Comp off policies and sales focused on short term gain

change comp off policy. the comp off should be paid

Delivery Executive

Former Employee - Delivery Solutions for MS and MC In ITIL, AD and AS in Des Moines, IA (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good collaborative environment, with openess to learn through my experience

Cons

Very rigid timeline and had to work daily 16 hours for commitments without sizing efforts.

Great people, bad policies

Former Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The compensation is okay, a little below market. The 401k is fantastic. The lack of health insurance premiums is nice. Everyone I worked with was great, including the clients and management.

Cons

Company is not concerned with employees, they are just a head count (Local management is great, corporate is awful).
    The health insurance deductibles are too high (way too high).
    Training is awful, you must do all training using their programs and after business hours and you must bill 40 hours so if you want to advance you have to put in over 40 hours. Also, if you want to take any external training, you have to pay for it yourself and hope the company will compensate you for it.
    Corporate has no idea what their employees need or what they are doing, they just keep changing things "for the better" by increasing deductibles, removing benefits, removing training opportunities, and generally making processes more difficult.
    Bonus system is awful, convoluted, and don't expect your due bonus if you leave. They will actually pay you your bonus and then take it out of your bank account. In my mind, this is illegal and tantamount to stealing. This happened to me and I never gave them permission to remove funds from my bank account. If they found that they over paid me, they should have sent me an invoice with the charges that I needed to pay back, not just take the money from me. The deposit wasn't even pending anymore. They literally took money from my bank account without ever getting consent from me.

Fix your systems and processes and stop changing them. Offer better health benefits (the no premiums sounds good, but it really isn't since the deductibles and out of pocket maximums are so high). Change the bonus system to be purely individual performance based and pay your bonuses! Also, stop advertising a $20,000 bonus, that is a flat out lie. So few people ever have the opportunity to get a bonus like that. It hurts your hard workers to have them come in and think they might get a big bonus only to find out it is actually impossible for most employees (literally impossible).

A 20th Century IT Company Operating in the 21st Century

Former Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

Great consultants who you can learn a lot from. Work life balance was good. Excellent 401K, training opportunities, and tuition reimbursement. Counselor program was a nice touch. Great job to get experience and then move on to bigger and better things.

Cons

As I said in my title, Sogeti is a 20th century IT company. They have no concept of what people want and expect from this type of workplace. They talk a great game but they are all about the bottom line. All their decisions reflect this. The bonus program is arbitrary and unless you bill at least 90% of the time on time and materials projects, it is unattainable. Comp time exists but is so difficult to get that its almost like not having it. The management and account executives seem unable to get any new interesting projects so they settle for staff augmentation and putting consultants wherever they can bill just to get ATO (at the office) numbers down. The pay is less than subpar and coming in as an entry-level hire, I probably would have been better off working in retail and biding my time for a better offer. Every college entry hire that joined in my three years left for something bigger and better.

Stop acting like you are such a great, cool, and hip company. You are a staffing company with bad management and a faulty operating model. Pay people. Stop diverting pay to 401ks and high-deductible health insurance. Having an employee appreciation week where we get some headphones doesn't make up for paying someone with a masters degree less than a Walmart manager (no offense to Walmart managers). You have some of the most talented, personable, and smartest consultants act like you want them to work for you instead of just filling a spot until they go on to something bigger and better.

Great team mates & good for technical knowledge

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No Travel, work/life balance, MSDN developer license, Self training materials & courses available, Great for Junior consultants just starting out. 401(k) & profit sharing great. Able to self-manage career.

Cons

Corporate (CapGemini) changing PTO & bonus policies. Favoritism is a problem; great gig placement is the luck of the draw which can be frustrating. Must self-manage career;

Incompetent, useless senior management

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Generous with company cellular and laptop

Cons

Incompetent useless senior management failed to provide consultants with good project engagement.

Good place to get started

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's what you make of it. A lot of access to learning and many ways to get involved with the company and take initiative.

Cons

Very hard to get a bonus. The pay is below the national average for the position and does not adjust based on cost of living for each city. Each unit is different. Some units are better than others. I have found that my particular unit was not close to management.

Try to form a closer relationship with the consultants.