Sogeti Reviews

Updated 30 October 2014
Updated 30 October 2014

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 28 reviews)

• Great 401(k), Good Benefits-no premiums on med/dental co (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• Work life balance is what they promote but in reality, it does not happen (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Entry level developer

Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

While at Sogeti I felt like I was my own boss. I would work downtown, in the office, or from home whenever and however I needed. The people I worked with were usually friendly and professional. I obtained invaluable business experience but had to speak up to get real development work.

Cons

I was underpaid and felt management only saw me as a number. Most of my projects were either too easy or not a good fit.

There is not any transparency for how the process works. Nearly all new developers I spoke with were very bored with their work. You need to understand the needs of your employees if you want to keep them.

Dissappointing

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits,Msdn subscription,Laptop,clients,ok kind of leadership

Cons

Work culture ; Attitude of people; No support

Start paying more attention to other units than just the Headquarters. You need to move people around quite a bit. The work culture is awful. Consultants are only respected if they are billing.

My experience at Sogeti has been filled with challenges and I have gained a lot of experiences.

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bonus Program, Amount of PTO, Challenging/Not Boring, Opportunity to Travel, Networking Opportunities are Great

Cons

A lot of uncertainty when you are on the bench between projects, you have little control or influence on a lot of the factors that go into the bonus program, compensation is lower than average, may have to travel far from your home to clients

My advice would be for management to think about decisions they make and how they can affect the consultant directly. If Sogeti's local touch local reach model is going to work, Sogeti needs to be able to retain good consultants. No one wants to drive hours to their client, they want to be home and have a work life balance, so make sure and gear the projects not just towards Sogeti's revenue goals, but also towards how the consultant is affected. If the good consultants leave Sogeti, that means a lot less revenue for Sogeti because revenue will be lost on those consultants that leave and future consultants those good consultants could have trained.

Good company to work for !

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance and the jobs are local - so none to very little traveling is required !

Cons

Internal workflows / processes are not so streamlined and are sometimes confusing.

A good starting company, if you don't mind poor salary

Current Employee - Software Developer in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Paris (France)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good projects, good personal technical improvement, character developpement, good team environment

Cons

poor management, no personal recognition for hard work, poor salary

No integrity, sweat shop, run!

I worked at Sogeti full-time

Pros

You have a job not a career. Company is falling apart.

Cons

Lack of technology, outdated laptops, no solutions, no leadership, don't appreciate or recognize talent. Don't leave two weeks notice; you will be let go that day. Poor pay, almost impossible to get good bonus. Too many roles for consultant and no focus. Too many technologies and no focus. Run away from this company!

Self-Fulfilling

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Consulting is NOT like a typical corporate job. Employees MUST take responsibility for their career.
    Will get out of it what you put in it.
    Great training opportunities & Great retirement Package!!

Cons

At times have lack of direction. Can be "idle" for long periods of time.

Things aren't what they appear to be.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits - matching 401K at 150% - tuition reimbursement - pay for certifications. Interesting assignments - paid time on bench.

Cons

If you use the benefits, it reduces your chance for a bonus. To earn a bonus, a lot of time outside of office hours is expected of you. Work life balance is what they promote but in reality, it does not happen. The more you do on your own time, the more that is expected of you.

There is no transparency. People leave and they just disappear off the face of the earth - causes a lot of rumors to start - where if the company would just say "so and so has moved on for their own reasons", there would be less wondering and gossiping. Good people don't seem to last long - high turnover.

CEO doesn't care about the people at all. He claims transparency but there is none. You don't motivate people by humiliating them in front of their peers.

It is ok so far, but future seems to be deteriorating

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

150% 401K match
    No premium pay for health insurance

Cons

*Very high deductible health insurance- 12k
    *Bonus plan that never benefits a consultant. It only benefits the top management
    *No over time or comp time for extra hours worked. They say all the extra hours goes to your bonus points to increase your bonus potential. That is not true.
    *They are slowly taking away benefits from employees. The recent policy change was , no pto accrual if you have more than 200 hrs.
    *They are loosing clients. Account Executives are not capable.
    *It's a body shop.
    *They say they will pay on bench. But if they can't find a project for you in few weeks,, they will ask you to leave the company.
    *Very weak account exes who just care about their commission from their existing clients only. They don't look for new opportunities.

Have a vision what you want to be. Don't get caught up with the confusion of consulting firm vs body shop. In reality you are currently running a body shop.

Worst company to work.. No ethics at all. Never join this company...

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No value to employees, they will decide to remove the employees with out giving any prior notice if they have no projects.

Cons

Worst management, they unnecessarly pull our legs and later no one cares for the employess and if something goes wrong they will remove the employees abruptly.

Sogeti Photos