Sprint

3.2 2,041 reviews

Sprint CEO Dan Hesse

Dan Hesse

(1,355 ratings)

Pros
  • You get free phone service and family gets phone discount perks also (in 154 reviews)

• Work life balance is good depending on which area of the business you are working in (in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted (in 81 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights
2,041 Employee Reviews

A leader in telecommunications and technology, Sprint Nextel provides the communications services individuals busineness

Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsFlexible Hours, Professional, No micro management.

ConsNo hike for the past 2 years

Advice to Senior ManagementHave regular increase in salaries for motivation levels

An outstanding 17 year experience.

Director Corp Center (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS (US)

ProsAbility to work in different areas. Like working for multiple companies without having to change companies.

ConsWhen they did away with the pension, they started feeling like any other company. After the merger with Nextel, Sprint started losing what made it such a great place to work (it's swagger). Through all my years there we focused on the network, then the from 2004/5 to 2007 the shift went to focusing on minutes for PCS. The sales teams no longer had to know as much about the network as they did Apps, and cellular devices. Think about it, Sprint enterprise teams were focusing on selling other companies products and applications in order to sell more minutes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about it, Sprint enterprise teams were focusing on selling other companies products and applications in order to sell more minutes.

Supervisor at Sprint

Supervisor Role (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsGood benefits, short commute, rewarding. .

ConsHigh stress, low raises, Ok bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

nice

Retail Consultant (Current Employee) Greenbrae, CA (US)

Prosgreat pay, nice to see new phones that come out

Conshard to get promoted, a lot of angry customers. customer care is the worst!

Advice to Senior Managementhire better people for customer care service over the phone

Program/Project Mgr II

Project/Program Manager II (Current Employee) Omaha, NE (US)

ProsGood vision for the company's future.

ConsVery tight resources, budget limitations and cost containment. Not a lot of movement in management positions unless you are based in Kansas City headquarters.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on track to complete network upgrades on schedule.

Opportunities and career advancement if you perform well

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and work life balance.

ConsNetwork challenges caused some issues in maintaining customers. Part of a rebuild.

Prepaid Dealer Account Executive

Prepaid Dealer Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsUpper management is doing a great job providing tools to get the job done.

ConsWorking in rough areas of town. Management team does not trust field team.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive reps more freedom of schedule to motivate sales

Great career path company and good work ethics.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA good place to make a career portfolio.

ConsPromotions are there, but too few opportunities for growth as there is some mid-level stagnation.

Gave me a great technology education while providing competitive marketplace compensation and benefits.

ProsThey have a wonderful benefit program and are very focused on their employees health. Also promotes a team environment.

ConsIf you are in sales, as with all sales positions it can be a high pressure job. If you do not live near headquarters or a multi store area, there are not a lot of options for advancement, but this is also good because a lot of employees stay with the company for a while.

Great experiences

Retail Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSeeing all the tech that comes through is very nice. I also worked with a lot of people I now consider friends.

ConsIt's very hard to sell a struggling network. In some areas, the sprint network is so congested it's unusable.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the network to make everyone's life easier.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!