Sprint

Sprint CEO Dan Hesse

Dan Hesse

(1,156 ratings)

1,735 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Free phone service for one device"
    in 130 reviews
  • "Work life balance is good depending on which area of the business you are working in"
    in 100 reviews
Cons:
  • "Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted"
    in 65 reviews
  • "The company didn't have a great reputation for customer service & devices"
    in 53 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A leader in telecommunications and technology, Sprint Nextel provides the communications services individuals busineness

Regional Account Manager (Current Employee)
Bangalore

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible Hours, Professional, No micro management.

ConsNo hike for the past 2 years

Advice to Senior ManagementHave regular increase in salaries for motivation levels

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sprint

ProsGood work environment, good coworkers, family oriented, Tuition reimbursement, god benefits

ConsSome managers are not tactful, long hours on holidays, point system, constant downsizing, high turn over rate

Great Company but downsizing

Manager Call Center (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFun environment and a great company to work for. I was part of a highly successful team. , Senior leadership was very open and honest about the business which drove performance. Good Benefits, 401K, ESSP, Good bonus compensation opportunity.

ConsNot enough time to keep up with all the requests unless willing to work 10+ hours per day. Long hours to get the job done to earn the incentive pay. In 2014 Sprint is in a downsizing mode so be aware.

Awesome

Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than a year

ProsI love working for this company. This is a great place to work.

ConsThe system sometimes crashes on us.

Advice to Senior Managementmore incentives are needed

Great place to work

I have been working at Sprint

ProsBenefits chance to make more money chance to advance

Consthere could always be more benefits

My experience wih sprint has been amazing i have gotten to do alot of moving aroung and promotions

Account Services Representative (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Prosthere is good benefits , flexiable hours .. pay holidays excessive amt of pto hours.. great commision.

Consyou have to beable to cope with changes, and keep up with daily matrix..flexiable..

Advice to Senior Managementcustomer are always right...

I was hired at a painful time for Sprint. It had a lot of debt and record losses. Still a very good company.

Technical Consultant (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDecent money if you don't have a degree or a lot of experience. A fairly good opportunity for advancement in the sales side. Despite its troubled past there are good things in the future for Sprint. Stick it out with this company and you will likely be part of a winning team with a great outlook for a least the next decade.

ConsIf you are a technical consultant there is very little room for advancement unless you are willing to start all over on the sales side, although there a few exceptions. The company is still reeling from the botched merger with Nextel. In their haste to compete in the marketplace and perhaps out of fear of another big failure, Sprint has been afraid of innovation (e.g. kowtowing to Apple's ludicrous terms and conditions). Still Sprint has a lot of assets and an aggressive workforce that is only now beginning to show its true potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior management is a bit old fashioned. Try to appeal to the lower (and younger) echelons of the company without condescending to them. Overall I am very please with the senior leadership. They are very accessible and responsive.

Really cares about people

Customer Care Account Services Specialist (Former Employee)
Overland Park, KS (US)

I worked at Sprint full-time for less than a year

ProsAmazing benefits, good pay, supporting environment. Very rarely did I get the feeling that we didn't matter, which is not common when working on a big corporate campus as the 'little people'.

ConsKeeping you stats where they want them to be when they change month to month and rules and policies can change with less then a days notice could be a challenge but as long as you made and effort you could generally do well enough to avoid any sort of disciplinary measures.

Great managers and work environment

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than a year

ProsSalary and commissions well suited for the position. Management was great, felt good to be apart of the team.

ConsCommission structure constantly being altered, usually for the companies benefit.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider discussing advancement opportunities

Network Development Intern

Network Development Intern (Former Employee)
Reston, VA (US)

I worked at Sprint as an intern for less than a year

ProsIt's a good place to start your career. You are introduced to most modern equipment and services in telecommunications industries, Sprint is ranked 3rd and that's good. The internship is laid back and it depends on the intern to volunteer for the level of challenge.

ConsThe possibility of converting the internship to full time is less.
Pay is comparatively less than other peer companies.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sprint reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Sprint CEO Dan Hesse . All 1,735 reviews are posted anonymously by Sprint employees.