Sprint

Sprint CEO Dan Hesse

Dan Hesse

(1,147 ratings)

1,723 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Free phone service for one device"
    in 130 reviews
  • "Work life balance is good depending on which area of the business you are working in"
    in 100 reviews
Cons:
  • "Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted"
    in 65 reviews
  • "The company didn't have a great reputation for customer service & devices"
    in 53 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A leader in telecommunications and technology, Sprint Nextel provides the communications services individuals busineness

Regional Account Manager (Current Employee)
Bangalore

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible Hours, Professional, No micro management.

ConsNo hike for the past 2 years

Advice to Senior ManagementHave regular increase in salaries for motivation levels

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sprint

ProsGood work environment, good coworkers, family oriented, Tuition reimbursement, god benefits

ConsSome managers are not tactful, long hours on holidays, point system, constant downsizing, high turn over rate

Really cares about people

Customer Care Account Services Specialist (Former Employee)
Overland Park, KS (US)

I worked at Sprint full-time for less than a year

ProsAmazing benefits, good pay, supporting environment. Very rarely did I get the feeling that we didn't matter, which is not common when working on a big corporate campus as the 'little people'.

ConsKeeping you stats where they want them to be when they change month to month and rules and policies can change with less then a days notice could be a challenge but as long as you made and effort you could generally do well enough to avoid any sort of disciplinary measures.

Great managers and work environment

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than a year

ProsSalary and commissions well suited for the position. Management was great, felt good to be apart of the team.

ConsCommission structure constantly being altered, usually for the companies benefit.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider discussing advancement opportunities

Network Development Intern

Network Development Intern (Former Employee)
Reston, VA (US)

I worked at Sprint as an intern for less than a year

ProsIt's a good place to start your career. You are introduced to most modern equipment and services in telecommunications industries, Sprint is ranked 3rd and that's good. The internship is laid back and it depends on the intern to volunteer for the level of challenge.

ConsThe possibility of converting the internship to full time is less.
Pay is comparatively less than other peer companies.

Sprint is a good place

Applications Developer III (Current Employee)
Overland Park, KS (US)

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSprint is very flexible and offers telecommuting

ConsWork-life balance can be a bit unbalanced. A few really good people surrounded by people too many who aren't productive.

Good company to work for if you have good management

Technical Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company is turning itself around and has a bright future ahead of it. Training was 30 days initially for the retail systems and an additional 30 days for service and repair training. Compensation was adequate for the job. My management teams during my employment were good, but as with any retail environment, your experience will vary.

ConsThe company focused too much on the customer satisfaction surveys to the point of it dramatically draining employee morale. The surveys are a pass/fail system and seem to be clearly weighted against the employee. When I started the surveys were honest and worked well to properly coach individuals on how to improve. The responses were used to get accurate information on how customer experiences were and where improvement was needed, surveys that were for other locations and entered as ours incorrectly could be appealed and it worked well. Once it became part of monthly compensation, it no longer was accurate at all. It became a pass/fail system on a scale 1-5 (5 being the only passing score) and entirely focused on just that. The wording was changed and the only score that mattered was the customer's "overall experience" which for already angry customers almost always ended up being poor even if a sales rep did everything perfectly, because the customer had an issue to begin with. Any sort of appeals process for surveys disappeared and the ones that came through were what they were with no recourse to correct anything. When a Top 100 store only gets 150 surveys a month with 4,000+ people walking through the door, this results in a very low base for the surveys compared to the actual traffic (especially with the customers being chosen "randomly" for surveys).

Advice to Senior ManagementThe entire customer survey system need to be overhauled and no longer focused on a pass/fail system. This change took the great morale that I'd seen when I started for the company and destroyed it entirely from the ground up. No one truly cared anymore, they just did whatever they needed to do to get the best score, even if that resulted in greater cost to the company. The threat of being fired for just a couple of bad surveys means very low morale.

Satisfied employee

Implementation Project Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat work/live balance. Long time employee, advanced throughout my time there. Understanding management, great open door policy. Innovative company with great potential.

ConsBenefits have changed over the years, very high deductibles. Currently going through a purging of their workforce.

Excellent culture environment

District Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay, benefits, people you work with

ConsUnrealistic sales expectations from upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementReality check on economic environment

Great place to work

Retail Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat opportunity to make money, develop sales skills and interact with people face-to-face.

ConsNo real chance for advancement due to few opportunities in current market. In the past when cell phone business was developing a lot people made a lot of money and got put in positions of authority. Now all they really need a front line sales people. Also, they preach ethics, but allow sales people to abuse the system to the detriment of other sales people. The pressure to hit key metrics makes management turn a blind eye to obvious fraud. Shortsighted on this months numbers with negative effects long term that affects individual salesperson, but not management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNONE

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sprint reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Sprint CEO Dan Hesse . All 1,723 reviews are posted anonymously by Sprint employees.