Staff Care Reviews

Updated 16 September 2014

Sean Ebner
1 Rating

New Hire

Former Employee - Research Consultant  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Research Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Staff Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training is top notch, an industry leader with name recognition in the marketplace. Also the salary is ok, but there is uncapped commission which is nice. And just for good measure the gym at the office is a good benefit.

Cons

It's all work and nothing else. Being on the phones dialing 100 dials every day can be repetitive and monotonous. The culture there leads itself to being a dog-eat-dog environment where the recruiters can "shark" other peoples' physicians.

High prices and poor staff

Former Employee - Physician  in  Provo, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Physician in Provo, UT (US)

I worked at Staff Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

They promise you the moon the sun and the stars

Cons

In january this year we used satffcare for part time physician. We were assured that the provider we were getting was optimal and an excellent fir. Once the provider showed up, they were far under par with any type of knowledge, moved slower than slow and our bill was through the roof. We eventually had to close our office as a result of the provider they had recommended. A clinic that has been open for 24 years.

Time to start really revieing who you hire and who you tout as excellent when they couldn't differentiate a flu bug from sepsis.

Used to be great...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Staff Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation (or it used to be - it's sub-par now)

Cons

Rigid quotas (unrelated to performance), long hours, disconnected leadership, micromanagement.

Staff Care Response

Jul 21, 2014President, Staff Care

I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with parts of your Staff Care experience. Staff Care truly values its team members and we appreciate your feedback. As a people-based company, our outstanding ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Independent Contractor

Current Employee - Independent Contractor  in  Monroe, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Monroe, LA (US)

I have been working at Staff Care as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

I like the flexibility of being and independent contractor. I can make my own schedule and be off when I need to. I make a competitive hourly wage and my housing is paid for. Most Agents are professional and work with you if there are any problems on the job. Some don't get the job done and are unresponsive to your needs.

Cons

There can be long waits between available jobs. Some Agents try to decrease your wage so they can make more commission.

Cold Calling leads to cash

Former Employee - Account Representative  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Irving, TX (US)

I worked at Staff Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

As long as you are comfortable on the phone, you'll do well

Cons

Phone based
    Several restructures while I was there

This office needs help and HR, leadership in Dallas is not hearing the continued cries for help

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Staff Care full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay and opportunity for working with some great clients, physicians and working within this industry.

Cons

Management, leadership and the lack of support from HR regarding ethical complaints.

Change the management and leadership in the Salt Lake City office before it crumbles.

Great place to start and advance a career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

I worked at Staff Care

Pros

SCI believes in teamwork and helping others achieve professional goals. The ability to run your own desk and make pertinent financial decisions are key to financial growth and that is highly encouraged at Staff Care.

Cons

A major downside is the sheer amount of calls that are mandated in some departments. Hitting a call quota isn't always conducive to finding quality doctors, it just looks good on paper.

Advice for management is to review some of the antiquated practices expected. Listen to employees for fresh ideas and ways to conduct business.

The Job Made Me Sick

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Irving, TX (US)

I worked at Staff Care

Pros

Like others have said, if you work really hard and are lucky then promotions and advancing your career are pretty easy. It's one of the only jobs I have held where career growth is possible in the same city. Healthcare is a good industry and I would imagine locums work being more desirable with increasing insurance cost to doctors.

Cons

Like I said, this place made me sick! I would feel great outside the office but once there my throat hurt, head throbbed and I felt ill. I really think the stress wore me down! The goals you had were sometimes impossible to reach with many doctors looking down on locums work. You were consistently micromanaged with laughable guidance. You have to work 50 hours a week to hit your salary and it takes forever to get a decent bonus. You even had to come in some Saturday's!! Pay was awful for how much you work. It's very evident management only care about profit and not people. There was either someone being fired or quitting once a week.

To make the company money you need happy employees. Focus on employee relations and the company could do great!

Worked for Staff Care? Contribute to the Community!