Staples

Staples Reviews in Atlanta, GA US

Updated Jul 08, 2014

Staples Chairman and CEO Ron Sargent

Ron Sargent

Pros
  • Good compensation provided and has a good work-life balance as well(in 42 reviews)

• This is a decent job if you are post-high school, or need something part-time while in college(in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management had no idea what the needs of the stores needs were(in 68 reviews)

• When "back to school" season hits there is a lot more expected from the employees(in 28 reviews)

26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Warehouse is the place to be!

Picker/QA/Replen (Former Employee) Lithia Springs, GA (US)

ProsHours are consistent, Overtime is great during Holiday rushes. Company is always giving raises, and proper training, take their employees seriously! Company throws the best parties and picnics, Audits and Inventory weekends they treat us like royalty!

ConsOnly 3 very short breaks, but manageable if you eat ok and stay hydrated at work. Warehouse conditions can be very extreme in the summer and winter, but company provides water, ice packs, heaters, and popsicles.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR is the best and cant be beat!! Wendy is the go to lady, re hire needs to be adjusted.

Staples good pay demanding on general manager

General Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsPay is good hours are acceptable

ConsUpper management will not allow GM to make management decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow GM to be GM

A learning environment.

Cashier and Copy & Print Associate (Former Employee) McDonough, GA (US)

ProsI was a great place for a young person to work who has a flexible schedule. Great for when you are in college or just starting to work. Used to have great benefits and career path.

ConsNot a good place to work when you have small kids.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Staples seemed to be an ok company...outside looking in.

Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) Lithonia, GA (US)

ProsStaples will allow you to move up in the company when there's an opportunity. My position had been vacant for a while but I was promoted within 2 months.

ConsThe company goes through so many changes and has so many expectations. Its hard to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management in my store was like family. They were very supportive of me and what may be going on in my life. They are also very fare.

your efforts is not worth your pay

Full Time Team Supervisor (Current Employee) Buford, GA (US)

ProsGreat hours, great managers, and nice location

Consmoving up is harder than you think

Advice to Senior Managementdon't come in as an associate, get hired as an assistant or GM

Company Doesn't seem to Want to Evolve

EasyTech Associate (Former Employee) Hiram, GA (US)

ProsGood people work there reasonable hours unless your looking for 40+ a week.

ConsLocation is horrendously outdated infrastructure wise, I saw newer faster computers used in a Gamestop I worked in almost 3 year prior and it really makes it hard to help a customer when the computer system might as well be running off steam power. Company doesn't seem to want to give that location the hours to even try to compete with the Office Depot across the street and the Best Buy next door.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe store management was great and they understood that there corporate management was absolutely deluding themselves in thinking that the current structure was working or there just lining there pockets in preparation for a golden parachute style company bust.

A revolving door for employees

Resident Easy Tech (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsStaples has a broad selection of office supplies, printer cartridges and technology used in offices. You can find furniture, computers, telephones and the basics to set up an office in a one-stop shop. The customers are knowledgeable and interesting to find solutions for.

ConsHigh turnover with limited hours and limited wages. There's never a dull moment when you try to find out what's really going on. Limited responsibility from start to finish on a job means that the customer doesn't know who is responsible for what.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoordinate your business processes so there's less "dropping the ball."

Mitt Romney started this company

Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsAverage salary for college grad

ConsLack of diversity in executive mgmt, just look at the website. Up north bully tactics. No specific schedule for associates in fulfillment centers. Consistent lie that staples is a great place to work, more like a NJ sweatshop. Only four mgrs, in the entire warehouse had degrees, rather promote Hs dropouts, than hire competent grads. All they cared about were numbers and always wanted sups to terminate or do dirty work for incompetent uneducated ops mgrs. can completely understand why company was started by Bain Capital. Sleazy upper mgmt.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire, go to college, and stop faking it by reading business magazines

Horrible place to work, needs more pay.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Canton, GA (US)

ProsGreat benefits, Weekly Pay, Great Management.

ConsLow pay for loads of work.................

Decent in-between job

Resident Easy Tech (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsFlexible work schedule is great for college students
    Ability to cross train in different departments
    Opportunity to learn about new trends and devices in technology

ConsTerrible pay
    I received a lot of calls on my days off to assist employees with Easytech repairs
    Corporate employees come to the store and expect to be worshiped

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more positive feedback to employees
    Create a better (sales) bonus program
    Bridge the gap between corporate and store employees
    Pay the quality employees what they deserve

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!