Starbucks

3.7 4,326 reviews

Starbucks Chairman, President, and CEO Howard D. Schultz

Howard D. Schultz

(2,947 ratings)

Pros
  • The best part of working there were the benefits offered to part time employees (in 401 reviews)

• You also get to enjoy a nice perk of receiving a free pound of coffee or tea each week (in 200 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance was preached corporately but ignored in the field (in 109 reviews)

• Store Managers and District Managers are disconnected from hourly partners (in 114 reviews)

More Highlights
4,326 Employee Reviews

this is the best company of my 5year carrear

Barista Trainer (Current Employee) Delhi

Prosteem work and good apportunitiese

Consi dont know about downsides

Advice to Senior Managementthey shuld get feedback from partner

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

I am working as a Barista trainer from last 1 year, and leading my team

Senior Barista (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsOne of the big brand in the world, lots of coffee experiance

ConsLooking forward for customer satisfication ike Taste, Speed and Friendliness

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more rocking with team than other brand

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Shift Supervisor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat fun when working under the good management. Perks are awesome. Customers can be amazing sometimes. All in all if you work in a strong store you'll love it.

ConsPay is not enough for shift managers. If you are in a store run by lazy managers you will hate your job. Sadly it seems good managers can be far and few between.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring lazy dispassionate/mediocre managers who take advantage of their title and work hardly any hours yet get salaried. Quality vs. quantity comes to mind. Happy employees equals better customer service which equals more business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great benefits, realistic expectations, getting a bit too much like 'Fast Food'...

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Glenwood Springs, CO (US)

ProsYou can work as little as 20 hours per week and get full-time benefits. Discounts and free coffee. Customer interaction. Some stores are awesome and you get to see regular faces and connect and enjoy great coffee together. Store Management teams are ususally great and really mean well. For the most part, great environment.

ConsThe company is beginning to feel like a high priced McDonalds. Becoming very corporate fast food... People (customers and partners) are mattering less and less and more focus is being put on numbers, profits and bottom lines. Less training = less knowledgeable partners = terrible service and no kind of consistency. Higher up management is more often than not completely unexperienced and newer to the company than most of the partners ACTUALLY WORKING in the stores. They are not there to help, they are not team players, they only exist, form what I can tell, to criticize.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember why Starbucks is awesome! People and great coffee! Customers should feel important! Partners should have fun, love serving up the most delicious beverages and be empowered to connect with one another and their customers. We're Starbucks! We're going to make money! Let's get back to the people who make that possible.

Awesome!

Starbucks-Barista (Former Employee) San Leandro, CA (US)

ProsThere is definitely team work everyday

ConsI hate dumb picky customers

Advice to Senior ManagementMove us around because we get tired too

Assistant Store Manager

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsStarbucks is a responsible company that tries to take care of it's partners and it's surrounding environment. The culture is fast paced and you take away more things than just how to make coffee.

ConsThe company is in a competitive market and tries to innovate to stay on top of it's game. In doing so, it's losing the personal touch and connection it used to have with customers. Partners are often over worked and there are just so many customizations to drinks and food that it has become unreasonable. It slowly becoming a fast food chain like McDonalds and less about coffee culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of fizzio. Stop with the individual pulling of pastries. Go back to being about coffee and tea. You're going in the right direction with helping partners pay for college and continuing with 401k contributions etc.

Give us more time!!

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI get to create relationships with regular customers and feel like they're family!
    I believe we have a quality product and strive to make every customer enthusiastically satisfied!

ConsUnrealistic expectations make you always feel behind the ball/rushed/like there's not enough time to get everything done.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour store managers are holding the puppet strings for every movements of your front line- your baristas and shift supervisors. We are the ones who set the tone and hold them to the standards and communicate important information and set the examples and ... We WANT to make their experience at work a positive one, but ours isn't!! Removing labor hours and trimming all the fat away from everything makes the expectations near impossible and not only that but it removes that positive experience at work. It runs your people who you value so much into the ground. I think if you really want to put a value on the customer experience and the partner experience , you need to rethink how much you value our time. We come to work to make excellent coffee, to put smiles on peoples faces, to connect with our community....but come work one day in our stores with the labor you allot us and the amount of tasks you expect us to complete. As someone who ALWAYS believed in our company and who always does what's asked of me, I'm disappointed as a partner in how much I feel like I cannot do my job within the parameters we are given. If you gave us more hours I'd stay.

Shift Supervisor

Barista, Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

ProsLots of fun on the job, a great way to get your foot in the door for management experience.

ConsThis job can be tough when your coworkers don't pull their own weight. It's a team effort and if someone slacks off your job is harder than it should be. With the new LaBoulange, we are required to do an inventory count that takes up needed time from the floor and is just annoying.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider more competitive pay if you want to keep high quality employees. I have seen many good partners leave for jobs that pay just a dollar or 2 more.

Awesome!

Barista (Current Employee) Goodyear, AZ (US)

Prosamazing company, all about team work and keeping you happy, really care about employees and awesome benefits, super flexible and customers just love and appreciate us. best place to work hands down

Consnone honestly havent had a bad experience yet and i dont plan to

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work you really know how to run a business

Excellent Company, I bleed Starbuck's green.

ProsBenefits, flexible hours, atmosphere. Benefits are top tier, requiring only 18-20 hours a week to maintain them.

ConsStanding for long periods. Pay scale low, benefits make up for it though.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!